wrong final statement

sheba2008

I'm very disapointed in the way HAL threated me.

Let me explane the situation. I did a 3 week cruise on the westerdam, separete bookings, week per week because I had to book it that way online, no TA.

Recieved final statement in stateroom on disembarkation day (saturday of the last week), everything is correct. Home on tuesday my bankaccount it's 22,95 $ more then the correct final statement. Send a e-mail to HAL for information, after a week no answer yet, called today a phone number for Belgium and explained the problem, she could do nothing, need the send another e-mail to informatie@hollandamerica.com, have to wait another 48h for responds.

I hate it when they add an amount to my bill i didn't spent, it is always on the last bill going home!!!

I had 3 separete bills for 3 weeks of cruise, first 2 are correct but still on the ship, 3th wrong and home.

Last year on the statendam they also did that, took 3 months to get my money back!

Any suggestions how to resolve this problem quickly, I can't phone to a USA number it will cost to much from Belgium.

I like HAL but thinking of not sailing with them again if problem is not solved whitin a reasonable time.

Linda

I'm very disapointed in the way HAL threated me.

Let me explane the situation. I did a 3 week cruise on the westerdam, separete bookings, week per week because I had to book it that way online, no TA.

Recieved final statement in stateroom on disembarkation day (saturday of the last week), everything is correct. Home on tuesday my bankaccount it's 22,95 $ more then the correct final statement. Send a e-mail to HAL for information, after a week no answer yet, called today a phone number for Belgium and explained the problem, she could do nothing, need the send another e-mail to informatie@hollandamerica.com, have to wait another 48h for responds.

I hate it when they add an amount to my bill i didn't spent, it is always on the last bill going home!!!

I had 3 separete bills for 3 weeks of cruise, first 2 are correct but still on the ship, 3th wrong and home.

Last year on the statendam they also did that, took 3 months to get my money back!

Any suggestions how to resolve this problem quickly, I can't phone to a USA number it will cost to much from Belgium.

I like HAL but thinking of not sailing with them again if problem is not solved whitin a reasonable time.

Linda

Call the bank that issued your credit card and dispute it. If you have a print out of your on board charges it'll be resolved quick. I think you might have extra charges because of exchange rate changed from US dollars to euros.

Call the bank that issued your credit card and dispute it. If you have a print out of your on board charges it'll be resolved quick. I think you might have extra charges because of exchange rate changed from US dollars to euros.

The extra charge is NOT of the exchange rate after like 40 cruise I will know how my bank do the exchange rates.

Linda

Can you dispute the credit card charge? Disputing the full amount should get HAL's attention! Although, I'm sure the CC company would only tell you to try to resolve the issue on your own.

I know others have posted similar experiences. They reported that they've come from supposed mini bar charges. But they were easily corrected with a phone call, which, of course, is less expensive within North America.

Good Luck! Hopefully, you'll hear from HAL soon.

Over the last couple of years we have gotten home and I have noticed an extra charge on our bills.

Fortunately we are able to call Seattle. It turns out that they were charges from items that we did not use from the Mini Bar and were able to get them quickly removed.

Hopefully your credit card company can help you.

Over the last couple of years we have gotten home and I have noticed an extra charge on our bills.

Fortunately we are able to call Seattle. It turns out that they were charges from items that we did not use from the Mini Bar and were able to get them quickly removed.

Hopefully your credit card company can help you.

This has been my experience exactly. It is annoying to get the extra charge but, as you indicated, a phone call got them quickly removed. I hope this difficulty does not stem from living in Europe. We have seen a lot of unfortunate posts regarding discriminating practices relating to European guests.

Sometimes they haven't changed the billing records over to the new occupant of your cabin when the charge was made on the day you disembark. We had a large amount charged to us after we got home which wasn't on the final bill we received just before we disembarked. I called HAL and it was a long phone call made early afternoon after we had disembarked that morning.

This has been my experience exactly. It is annoying to get the extra charge but, as you indicated, a phone call got them quickly removed. I hope this difficulty does not stem from living in Europe. We have seen a lot of unfortunate posts regarding discriminating practices relating to European guests.

I think they are equal opportunity...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well I am glad it is just not us .. on our last NCL cruise they said we used the mini bar and charged us 2 weeks after we got home.And we just got off a Princess cruise and when we checked our credit card online at home they charged us an extra $300 we never used.We know what we spend and we keep an eye on our accounts. All the extra charges were removed but only after we called them. I know mistakes happen but 2 times in a row is irritating.

This has happened to us before. Ours was I believe between $100 - $200. They charged us for the robes in the room and for items in the mini bar. A call to the main office quickly solved the problem.

Honestly why in the world would I want to take a USED house coat? I don't even like to wear them and generally bring my own.

IF all else fails dispute it with the credit card company.

Good luck

Try doing a live internet chat on the HAL site. I know it is supposed to be about booking questions, but you could point out your issue and explain a phone call is not practical.

Thanks for the information, there is no live chat and I can't phone to USA, it will cost to much.

Tonight the 2 days are past from the second e-mail, still no answer.

Will try to call them back tomorrow (benelux number) but last time they didn't help me. This will be theyre last chance.

I will let everybody know what happend.

Thanks,

Linda

Thanks for the information, there is no live chat and I can't phone to USA, it will cost to much.

Will try to call them back tomorrow (benelux number) but last time they didn't help me. This will be theyre last chance.

Thanks,

Linda

Fingers X-ed for you. While HAL might not always respond with any speed other than tortoise, they're usually spot on remedying their errors (in my experience).

Honestly why in the world would I want to take a USED house coat? I don't even like to wear them and generally bring my own.

Good luck

Quote for TRUTH! Folks wanting/wearing those on board just KILL me! Would they wear as pair of underbritches they found on the floor of their bathroom? IDK, maybe as too many just love those house coats!

Fingers X-ed for you. While HAL might not always respond with any speed other than tortoise, they're usually spot on remedying their errors (in my experience).

Quote for TRUTH! Folks wanting/wearing those on board just KILL me! Would they wear as pair of underbritches they found on the floor of their bathroom? IDK, maybe as too many just love those house coats!

Okay, I will bite. What is the difference between wearing the housecoat and sleeping in the sheets provided? ;)

this has happened to us so many times - even when we go down the last night

and get a copy of the bill to make sure there are no mistakes.

One thing we saw all the time was minibar charges - they would bring in a bottle of water and charge for it even though we were off the ship - once they charged for the laundry bag! When we disputed it the woman was quite sarcastic and said we put it in our suitcase by mistake. we do not take items from hotels or ships - ever!

What actually happened was that the passenger that was in our cabin before us died and they didn't clear it out - his suitcase was even under the bed and there was no laundry bag in the room - we assumed that he sent out a bag of laundry but of course it was never processed - at least that is what we think happened. that suitcase was so heavy that even the room steward had to drag it out of the room - wonder what he packed that weighed that much. Am sure it exceeded the airline allowance. and why didn't the room steward notice the suitcase when changing the bed - or vacuuming - mysterious.

Thanks,

Linda

Nothing has changed until now, I phoned benelux number, she told me they are waiting for a e-mail from the main office, we have to wait again, we told them we are waiting until monday next week, no solution on monday we will dispute the whole amount of the bill at our bank.

A signature of exellence, HAL please remove this on you're website, you are far from exellence.

Linda

Nothing has changed until now, I phoned benelux number, she told me they are waiting for a e-mail from the main office, we have to wait again, we told them we are waiting until monday next week, no solution on monday we will dispute the whole amount of the bill at our bank.

A signature of exellence, HAL please remove this on you're website, you are far from exellence.

Linda

We got the answer in a e-mail today, the 22.95$ are from the minibar we didn't use the whole cruise (I buy my drinks in a bar, we never use the minibar), they apologize for the error and will be giving the amount back it could take a few weeks, finnaly got a result, isn't it funny the e-mail came today after the phonecall saying we will not paying anything if no answer by monday.

I don't believe the roomstewards and the girl who checked the minibar are so dishonest (I guess they are because we where in a deadend gangway and most of the cabins where already empty when we left), for a few items of the minibar, pfff this puts a negative end to my 3 week cruise.

Next cruise on the Summit the minibar is going to be locked or cleared out for sure!!!

Everybody on the board thanks for the comments and help.

Linda

I'm glad you finally got this resolved. Yes, it does leave a bad taste in one's mouth. With a little bit of time, I'm sure you'll remember more of the good than the not so good. Don't let this one incident put you off of HAL forever.

Enjoy your next cruise!

Edited by Alberta Quilter

I wish HAL would come up with a better plan with the mini bar. One time I got a charge for $75 on my bill after I left. Since I'm a 4 star that is actually $150. They did remove it but they never seem to believe you asking if you were sure you didn't drink it. Yeah, I'd forget about $150 worth:D.