Bed placements Oasis/Allure

molly361

I'm willing to guess an accessible cabin has the bed by the balcony, or even on the wall between the closet and the balcony door, because part of the reason some people dislike the bed by the closet is it makes the closet very in accessible for most folk. Folks who need extra accessibility would really be challenged by that, and I imagine we'd have heard about it by now! Accessible cabins are quite a bit bigger.

Thank you FamilygoBoston - I would tend to believe that the bed by the balcony in the accessible room would be the best configuration.

Appreciate your help!

Hello I'm looking at 6620??? I have no clue... I want a bed near the balcony... And is it better to be lower on deck 6 than deck 12?? TIA

6620 has the bed by the balcony.

For my upcoming cruise we needed a balcony with a pull out sofa bed. D1 - D4 cabins offer this as far as I can tell. I could not for the life of me locate a Balcony with a pull out sofa bed with the bed by the balcony. (Suites were out of our price range)

So unless I missed it I'm pretty sure all D1 - D4 cabins with the pull out sofa bed have the bed by the closet. (Not talking about pullman beds but the fold out sofa beds)

Please let me know if I'm wrong about that.

For my upcoming cruise we needed a balcony with a pull out sofa bed. D1 - D4 cabins offer this as far as I can tell. I could not for the life of me locate a Balcony with a pull out sofa bed with the bed by the balcony. (Suites were out of our price range)

So unless I missed it I'm pretty sure all D1 - D4 cabins with the pull out sofa bed have the bed by the closet. (Not talking about pullman beds but the fold out sofa beds)

I believe you are correct, balcony staterooms with sofa beds all have the sofa bed by the balcony and the main bed by the closet.

All of the standard size cabins on Oasis and Allure that can accomodate more than two people have the bed by the closet.

Hello I'm looking at 6620??? I have no clue... I want a bed near the balcony... And is it better to be lower on deck 6 than deck 12?? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a central park balcony (deck 8) on Oasis but would also like one on deck 6 (boardwalk).

Do the Central Park view staterooms with balcony (C1) accommodate 5 people on the Allure? I'm looking at unit 12187, it has a diamond symbol indicating a sofa bed and third Pullman.

As others have said, this is correct.

I speculate that the reason for this is when the sofa bed is made up the space between it and the vanity is pretty tight and it is easier to negotiate the room with this configuration.

There is another wonderful resource site cruisedeckplans dot com....this is what they say for easy reference, (this message will pop up if you hold the cursor over the cabin you are interested in:

"Some cabins are laid out with the bed near the balcony, others have the sofa near the balcony. Triple and Quad cabins have the sofa near the balcony. Layout changes every other cabin. To determine if your bed is near the balcony or near the closet, look for the nearest triple or quad and calculate from there." (triples and quads are indicated with a "triangle" shape in the deck layout)

We utilized their approach to determine that the cabin we booked has the bed by the balcony which is what we wanted. It seems fairly simple, and hope it helps you determine where the bed is more easily on your own.

There is another wonderful resource site cruisedeckplans dot com....this is what they say for easy reference, (this message will pop up if you hold the cursor over the cabin you are interested in:

"Some cabins are laid out with the bed near the balcony, others have the sofa near the balcony. Triple and Quad cabins have the sofa near the balcony. Layout changes every other cabin. To determine if your bed is near the balcony or near the closet, look for the nearest triple or quad and calculate from there." (triples and quads are indicated with a "triangle" shape in the deck layout)

We utilized their approach to determine that the cabin we booked has the bed by the balcony which is what we wanted. It seems fairly simple, and hope it helps you determine where the bed is more easily on your own.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately more people find it easier to come here and ask for someone else to do it for them instead of taking the time or using the tips given to do it for themselves.

That website you refer to is a very good resource.

Edited by Eng23

Do the Central Park view staterooms with balcony (C1) accommodate 5 people on the Allure? I'm looking at unit 12187, it has a diamond symbol indicating a sofa bed and third Pullman.

It will, with two caveats- the sofa bed is tight for 2 regular or larger sized adults and the Pullman is not easy for large adults or older adults. My 70 yo mom did the Pullman once with a group of single ladies cruising and not again! If you are planning for young adults or kids and teens, no problem! Also, I'd call to book because it's possible for a cabin to accommodate a certain number of people, but they can't book that many into the cabin because of life boat capacity (if neighboring cabins are booked with multiple occupants this can happen on a full ship)

• 2 months later...
Thank you FamilygoBoston - I would tend to believe that the bed by the balcony in the accessible room would be the best configuration.

Appreciate your help!

I cannot help with the particular cabin you are asking about, but I can tell you that in our experience with Oasis accessible ocean view balcony cabins 6630, 6632, and 6230...all 3 cabins were set up exactly the same with the bed closer to the bathroom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...