Can you request a waiter?

E23NK1

So we were on Freedom last April and are sailing her again this April.

Would I be able to find out if our waiter we had last year is still working on the ship?...and if so, can we request to be at one of his tables?

Thanks for the help.

Eric

Leo was the best waiter, hands down. We are on the Freedom in a month and I have been emailing RCCL about being seated with him. Does anyone remember what his assistant (Ricco's) last name was?

Can you please let me know if he is still on board.

We had a female assistant (Marion) last April 2016

This may vary from ship to ship, but a couple we met on the Grandeur last week, who spend a great deal of time on board, said the wait staff is rotated around and don't know which tables they'll be serving or even which other waiters they will be teamed with until the first night of each sailing! So even back-to-back passengers can't necessarily stay with the same serving team. I found that surprising, but apparently that's how it works on that ship.

This may vary from ship to ship, but a couple we met on the Grandeur last week, who spend a great deal of time on board, said the wait staff is rotated around and don't know which tables they'll be serving or even which other waiters they will be teamed with until the first night of each sailing! So even back-to-back passengers can't necessarily stay with the same serving team. I found that surprising, but apparently that's how it works on that ship.

I find this fascinating but it might explain why there is always such confusion on the first night in the dining room every cruise...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Adventure last year, we had MTD but kept the same table/waitstaff each evening. On the second leg of our B2B, we requested and kept our serving team but the table location was in a completely different section of the MDR.

On Adventure last year, we had MTD but kept the same table/waitstaff each evening. On the second leg of our B2B, we requested and kept our serving team but the table location was in a completely different section of the MDR.

Same thing happened to me. But it was no problem to relocate.

So we were on Freedom last April and are sailing her again this April.

Would I be able to find out if our waiter we had last year is still working on the ship?...and if so, can we request to be at one of his tables?

Thanks for the help.

Eric

It isn't likely that person would still be there as they move around alot, but it would be really neat if they were. Absolutely, you can request the same waiter! You can request the same table too, especially if you have MTD.

On our Freedom cruise in 2014, we had an awesome MTD waiter - Rodson. When we cruised Freedom again last October, he actually remembered us 18 months later!

We will be on Freedom again next month. We asked him back in October if he will be in in February and he said he would be so we will definitely be requesting him. Maybe through the dining email, but for sure my first stop when we board will be the MTD desk!

Leo Serrano Ocray

I was planning on doing the same thing for our upcoming cruise (and have made the request via email already). I am not sure if it will be honoured ahead of time or if I will have to go to talk to the dining room as soon as we board to set this up. Fingers crossed...

Oh, and by the way, we too want to request a certain waiter we had last year on the Freedom for our upcoming cruise, and you will never guess his name....Leo Serrano Ocray.

I could not believe when you posted that name. What are the chances?

Well, both good news and bad news to report here in this thread.

On the weekend, I sent an email to RCCL dining requesting Leo if possible. I got a response this morning. First, they emailed the ship directly to pass along my request, so yes, you can request a certain waiter. That is the good news.

Now for all us fans of Leo (and the bad news) - below is the response I received directly from the ship...

"Good Afternoon,

We are very pleased that you have chosen the Freedom of the Seas again for your groups cruise vacation and will be happy to try and accommodate your request.

But as of right now Mr. Ocray is a supervisor working in the Windjammer and do not have a station in the dining room.But we will take a look at the request

again the closer we get to the cruise date."

So happy that Leo seems to have received a promotion (he is deserving of it) but leaves us diners without one of our favourite waiters. I am thinking of asking that he be demoted for a week ;) (kidding of course, he deserves the opportunity to move up).

On the weekend, I sent an email to RCCL dining requesting Leo if possible. I got a response this morning. First, they emailed the ship directly to pass along my request, so yes, you can request a certain waiter. That is the good news.

Now for all us fans of Leo (and the bad news) - below is the response I received directly from the ship...

"Good Afternoon,

We are very pleased that you have chosen the Freedom of the Seas again for your groups cruise vacation and will be happy to try and accommodate your request.

But as of right now Mr. Ocray is a supervisor working in the Windjammer and do not have a station in the dining room.But we will take a look at the request

So happy that Leo seems to have received a promotion (he is deserving of it) but leaves us diners without one of our favourite waiters. I am thinking of asking that he be demoted for a week ;) (kidding of course, he deserves the opportunity to move up).

So, the best bad news ever!:)

On our Freedom cruise in 2014, we had an awesome MTD waiter - Rodson. When we cruised Freedom again last October, he actually remembered us 18 months later!

We will be on Freedom again next month. We asked him back in October if he will be in in February and he said he would be so we will definitely be requesting him. Maybe through the dining email, but for sure my first stop when we board will be the MTD desk!

This is really cool! :cool: We have a few that we would really like to be able to get again. Some cabin stewards too.

"Good Afternoon,

Thanks for posting...that is some cool bad news.

Well I guess we are looking for a new waiter...lol.

You are on your cruise before me...so post back on who you have...maybe I will request that person then.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Eric