Tableside magician in the mdr

camarowesley

how do you feel about the tableside magician in the MDR  

109 members have voted

1. 1. how do you feel about the tableside magician in the MDR

• LOVE IT, WOULD LIKE MORE
    • HATE IT, LET ME DINE IN PEACE
    • DOESN'T REALLY MATTER TO ME

I didn't want to hijack the current thread about dancing waiters in the MDR, but I am curious as to how people feel about the magicians that interrupt your dinner with hokey card tricks.

Edited by camarowesley

Hate it. Makes me feel like I am a kid that someone is trying to keep busy during dinner so that I don't act up. Seriously? It was a few very bad card tricks that was annoying. I didn't know if I was suppose to tip him or what.

Get rid of the so called magician in mdr, and pay to bring back drink coupon or chocolates with his salary.:D

Hate it. Makes me feel like I am a kid that someone is trying to keep busy during dinner so that I don't act up. Seriously? It was a few very bad card tricks that was annoying. I didn't know if I was suppose to tip him or what.

Get rid of the so called magician in mdr, and pay to bring back drink coupon or chocolates with his salary.:D

On our 20th cruise we had a magician come to our table. We did like it but were wondering too if this was a tipping occasion .

doesn't really matter to me. I dont hate it however, because I am sure there are some who love it, or even like it, therefore it is ok with me. I dont expect for everything to be to my and only my liking in the main dining room. That feeling includes the recent poll on waiters dancing through the dining room. It is not something I look forward to, but accept that many do. So, same thing with the magician. I find the magicians usually only go to the larger tables or tables with children or teens, so they rarely impact my dining room experience.

I was on a cruise a couple of years ago and a man at a neighboring table had a heart attack and actually died at dinner.

I did notice that it looked like the magician who was a first responder.

I don't know if this is common, but it is interesting.

Perhaps the magicians fill more than one purpose.

Wasn't this question just asked a short while ago on John Heald's page? I will give the same answer here as I did there. It doesn't matter to me if they have them or not as we have only had the magician come to our table two times out of at least 20 cruises.

Personally, I'd rather have the magician than have people twirling dirty napkins, but that's another topic. I think the kids really like the magicians and the dancing, so I'm sure both will continue.

I didn't want to hijack the current thread about dancing waiters in the MDR, but I am curious as to how people feel about the magicians that interrupt your dinner with hokey card tricks.

I'm the one who started that thread about the dancing waiters in the MDR.

As for the magician, on our Paradise cruise last week he stopped at our table once. We had just ordered, so he wasn't really interrupting our dinner. We enjoyed his two tricks, and couldn't figure them out. If he only stops at tables that are finished with their current course, or before they receive food, or during dessert/coffee I don't mind. But I can see that it might be annoying if he stops when you're eating your hot entree.

I don't care either way, they can keep the magician, or not. Doesn't really matter to me.

we really enjoyed the table magician when we have been lucky enough to have them stop by. I wonder if they can find out a way for those who want to have that experience be able to alert the magician, and others who prefer not can opt out.