Boston to. Miami -$206- too early?

MMR555

We're going on our first cruise December 5 from Miami. Flights right now from Boston to Miami are$206. I can't imagine getting a flight much lower than that. What do you think, should I book our flights or is it too early?

It is a great price and I would grab it. However I would buy the insurance that Delta offers. December is a long ways away and things can happen.

Ins. from DL...why...Sorry I would buy a travel ins policy to cover everything....much better investment.

Ins. from DL...why...Sorry I would buy a travel ins policy to cover everything....much better investment.

I bought travel insurance when I booked the cruise and she said I can add my flights to it. I've learned a lot from all of you here! 😊 Thank you!

And......I booked the flight! Yay! Now, just need to find a good deal on a hotel for Friday, Dec 4th and wait very impatiently! LOL

Thank you everyone for the wealth of information on here. I have read for HOURS and I even took notes!

I am looking forward to our very first cruise and according to you all here it won't be our last. I hope you are right.

Martha

And......I booked the flight! Yay! Now, just need to find a good deal on a hotel for Friday, Dec 4th and wait very impatiently! LOL

Thank you everyone for the wealth of information on here. I have read for HOURS and I even took notes!

I am looking forward to our very first cruise and according to you all here it won't be our last. I hope you are right.

Martha

Don't wait! Book something now!

That weekend is Art Basel and it brings about 150,000 people to Miami to party and check out art. Hotels will be expensive and occupancy limited.

OMG.....Grab it. I am looking at $350 from Binghamton. Ridiculous high fares....especially since gas has dropped as much as it has

As discussed on these boards extensively, the airlines are not like you and I. We see the gas prices change daily at the pump. The airlines (and the cruise lines) have long term fuel contracts. They don't see their fuel prices change daily. A given airline (or cruise line) may have locked in at a price 9 months ago (when oil was at near $100), or 6 months ago, or last week.

The reason the OP is seeing a good low price for December may be, in fact, affected by the current and projected fuel prices. Last week, Delta announced they had a 15% reduction in fuel prices in the last quarter of 2014. (And the still lost money in the quarter!) 15% sounds like a lot, but if you look at their fixed costs to get each plane airborne, I can't see much above a 3 or 4% drop in ticket prices. Planes are going out full- there is solid demand- so why drop the prices?

Yes, of course. I usually do buy travel insurance that covers everything. I guess I was thinking that the cruise itself can be cancelled with no penalty until final payment so no need to buy it this early. But if you book flights now that is non refundable. Am I looking at this all wrong?

thanks

Don't wait! Book something now!

That weekend is Art Basel and it brings about 150,000 people to Miami to party and check out art. Hotels will be expensive and occupancy limited.

So I should book a room now too? Which hotels do you recommend?

What is your budget? Do you want high end? Moderate? Beach or downtown? Coral Gables? Coconut Grove?

That weekend expect to spend $150 for a good, safe hotel.

I would like the best price possible of course, ☺️but safety first! It's basically just a place to sleep so something near the port in a safe neighborhood. I can probably use points to stay at the Aloft. Have you stayed there before?

What is your budget? Do you want high end? Moderate? Beach or downtown? Coral Gables? Coconut Grove?

That weekend expect to spend $150 for a good, safe hotel.

Thank you. I ended up booking The Westin Collonade in Coral Gables with my starwood points.

I would like the best price possible of course, ☺️but safety first! It's basically just a place to sleep so something near the port in a safe neighborhood. I can probably use points to stay at the Aloft. Have you stayed there before?

I would absolutely stay at the Aloft Brickell.

Great location, nice pool, cool public spaces.

I would absolutely stay at the Aloft Brickell.

Great location, nice pool, cool public spaces.

Thank you for your input. We have friends who decided to cruise with us so I changed from the Aloft because they only had a king bed available with my points. I ended up booking The Westin Colonnade in Coral Gables for the same amount of points.

The Miracle Mile looks close... is it close enough to walk to?

Thank you for your input. We have friends who decided to cruise with us so I changed from the Aloft because they only had a king bed available with my points. I ended up booking The Westin Colonnade in Coral Gables for the same amount of points.

The Miracle Mile looks close... is it close enough to walk to?

You are right there! It's a great location. The hotel is on the backside of Miracle Mile.

You will have lots of restaurants all within walking distance. Ortanique on the Mile, Swine Southern Table & Bar, Bricktops, Hillstone, Mortans, Ruth Chris' Steakhouse, Tarpon Bend, Season 52, etc.

The first two I mentioned are great!