Live from Century...!!!

Danno

Well not actually yet...but I thought I would start this thread and hopefully check it routinely as our cruise progresses...we sail Feb 19th.

Post any questions or thoughts and I'll try to respond as time and/or funds allow;) .

Hope this at least allows you to day dream a bit until you board your own cruise...:p

Lois...I wanted to use "vicariously" but I couldn't spell it...good for you!!

I have your email in my ticket folder...I will try to find these people and prepare them for your arrival...;) .

I must admit I think I am looking forward to a week with my son as much as any part of this adventure...most times we have to share his time with his girlfriend (nice girl)...for a few days we can selfishly have more of his time...life is good.

Dan, I always did pretty well in spelling back in those school days;)

I am sure Matt is going to have a wonderful time too:D . The 3 of you are going to request a large dinner table right?

Hey, Danno. Have a GREAT cruise. While you are on Century, can you do a little investigation and find out when the drydock is due and what they might be doing? We are sailing her on March 18, 2006. Thanks, and have a good time.

Always a large table, 8-10 if possible...I do think (my opinion only)...that people who take small tables cheat themselves of one of the best parts of cruising...the chance to meet nice people...:p

Em...I'll be glad to try...my experience is that the staff on the ship seem to be the last to know anything...I'll ask.

That is very nice of you. I just might take you up on that. We have so many questions on what to do and all those things. We have only cruised once before. We are a young couple - see my post on the penthouse suite and you will see why it is going to be a special week.

We have nothing booked (Excursion wise) - I just let her know on the 14th.

Danno, the CC party is usually at 11:00 a.m. on the first at sea day. Since Proposal is apparently staying in a penthouse suite, he or she should knock on the door of 1028 which is very close to them, and we will tell them when and where the CC party is being held.

Hi Danno,

Knowing what it's like to have a son's time monopolized by a girlfriend, I'm thrilled that you will be able to have this opportunity to be exclusively with him for a time - and I bet in years to come he'll come to feel that way, too.

If by chance you happen to meet any deck 12 sky suite pax - I'd love to know who the butler is for the portside suites . . . :)

Now go and have the time of your life!

Danno, I'll look forward to your updates, too. That's one of the greatest things about the people on this board -- they are willing to share their experiences with the rest of us -- even as they are happening!:)

I don't know who's the luckiest though. You, Jill and Matt are on the cruise. But WE on CC have the triple pleasure of:

1. being happy for you,
  2. (re-)living our own cruises through your reports AND
  3. anticipating our next cruises. Life is so very good!

Bon Voyage!

Terry:)

P.S. Does Matt follow your lead or Jill's when it comes to packing:D

Danno,

Thanks for thinking of all of us......and enjoy every moment with your son.

Cruising is special......and even more so when you share it with someone you love.

We all look forward to hearing from you. We just got off last month, and although everyone said she was quite worn, we loved it.

By the way, we booked for 4/06 and they told me that Century is going to drydock from Jan 21'06 to Feb 18 '06. That came from the woman at Celebrity who booked the cruise for me, so I hope it is not just a rumor. I did look at the itinerary for the Century and there are no cruises showing during that time, so just maybe it is true.

PJ

Well...it's 5am and we are starting to think about getting on the road...the dogs HATE luggage!!

It's -23C here right now (you do the math) so going anywhere warm is an inviting thought...hope the car starts ;) .

We pick Matt up in Barrie...2 1/2 hours(ish) of quiet and dark and snow...but I'm on vacation and even that sounds appealing.

I'll check in as soon as I can on Century....by the way, if I remember, I'll try to wave hi from the bridge cam camera location at 2pm on Sunday...if I can find the camera. The site is www.kroooz-cams.com find your way to Century and I'll try to remember to be there.

see ya

...We pick Matt up in Barrie...2 1/2 hours(ish) of quiet and dark and snow...but I'm on vacation and even that sounds appealing...

see ya

Danno, have a safe drive down 11. OPP reports a partial closure of the hwy at Nipigon, I hope you're south of that.

Have a safe drive and a great trip.

Terry:)

Archived