lchf diet

grimpil

If you have a guys burgers on board they will serve it to you bunless, all you have to do is ask. Then you can take it to the topping bar and put whatever you want on top. You can also get the fajitas etc from the blue iguana without the tortillas. I would not put it in as a dietary restriction, that's for medical necessary restrictions like real allergies. For me eating at the buffet or stands are usually easier to control my food choices.

Bring coconut oil and make bullet proof coffee by mixing in butter. Stay away from sauces on the meat in the mdr. Let your waiter know your are low carb and they can suggest menu items that will help you. Also, make sure you eat real eggs and not the faux eggs that are in the buffet. I've cruised twice this last year and I've been able to keep under 30 gross carbs a day.

Bring coconut oil and make bullet proof coffee by mixing in butter. Stay away from sauces on the meat in the mdr. Let your waiter know your are low carb and they can suggest menu items that will help you. Also, make sure you eat real eggs and not the faux eggs that are in the buffet. I've cruised twice this last year and I've been able to keep under 30 gross carbs a day.

sounds very reasonable

and breads, and potatoes and rice and fruit and grains, etc

Yeah , don't eat anything! 😉 Seriously, any restrictive duet is a challenge to maintain on a cruise. If you drink any alcohol, you're not on a VLC/HF diet. And there are long term consequences to your health. Just watch potion sizes and don't go gaga over desserts and snacks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Yeah , don't eat anything! 😉 Seriously, any restrictive duet is a challenge to maintain on a cruise. If you drink any alcohol, you're not on a VLC/HF diet. And there are long term consequences to your health. Just watch potion sizes and don't go gaga over desserts and snacks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I wont be drinking alcohol and yes there is long term consequences for me

but thanks

Can get real eggs on the buffet omelette line.

It would be.easy for.the.sort of diet you are.following. Buffet....your choice. Dining room....make requests for your.needs......again your choice.

The challenge will come in when your choice is not made by your choice. The balls in your court. ;)

OP, Would you please indi cate what all your abbreviations mean.

i DON' HAVE A cxlue what "ichf stands for as well as the other ab rev. you use. Likely I am not the only one.

Edited by sail7seas

I think a low carb diet is super simple to find on a cruise. Eggs / meat at breakfast. Check. A guys burger (no sauce / bun) and a salad from the lunch buffet - check. A salad, no croutons and a meat based main course - yep. A cheese plate @ dessert- done. No

Alcohol during day. Salads and dressing are the only carbs. It's definitely doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

OP, Would you please indi cate what all your abbreviations mean.

i DON' HAVE A cxlue what "ichf stands for as well as the other ab rev. you use. Likely I am not the only one.

The name of the diet is stated in the thread opening post so yes, it is just you :p

Has anyone tried the low carb high fat diet on a recent cruise. I realize some of my favourites will be out of bounds (wcmc). Has anyone requested it as a dietary restriction ? Your experiences would be appreciated

Which cruise line? Other posters seem to imply carnival, is that correct?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am also on a LC/HF diet. I admit on a cruise I cheat a little, really a lot.

I find the buffet can be difficult because you can see all of the choices. We eat in the MDR for most meals when it is available.

Do the same things you do when you are at home and go out to a restaurant. Ask for no sauce, or sauce on the side.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

LCHF = Low carb, hight fat

tHANK YOU. :)

AHS 123

he name of the diet is stated in the thread opening post so yes, it is just you

Did the rules here change ? and we are not to ask for clariication lest it annoys someone.

Edited by sail7seas

I have had numerous doctors and dieticians tell me there on only two ways to lose weight.

You MUST burn more calories than you consume...period. Now, watching watch you put in your mouth helps as it is easier to control intake. However, you can eat nothing but tofu all day, every day and if you don't burn more calories than you consume you will not lose weight.

The second option...have something cut off you body.

Personally, I don't recommend the second option.