Please help with this!

jeejee17

We are taking a cruise on the Carnival Splendor. We need to know if we will make our 10:55 a.m. flight from Miami International after the ship gets in at 8:00 a.m. If we carry off our luggage will we be able to leave earlier? Should we get a transfer from Carnival or get a taxi to make our flight? thank you for helping!

We are taking a cruise on the Carnival Splendor. We need to know if we will make our 10:55 a.m. flight from Miami International after the ship gets in at 8:00 a.m. If we carry off our luggage will we be able to leave earlier? Should we get a transfer from Carnival or get a taxi to make our flight? thank you for helping!

I am assuming the ship arrives in Miami not Port Everglades. If so you should be able to make a flight at that time as long as nothing goes wrong. Do not use carnival transfers...........you will be sitting on the bus wasting time until the bus fills up. When you leave the ship just take a cab to the airport.

It would help if you would tell us where your ship docks. If it docks in Miami, probably. Fort Lauderdale? Probably not.

We took our sweet time disembarking in Miami as we had a 1pm flight. We took a taxi and were checked in at 9:20. I was wishing our flight was earlier. On the other hand, if anything had gone wrong and debarkation was delayed, we would have been in trouble with the earlier flight.

I see you arrive in Miami.

No one can guarantee how this will play out.

History means nothing.

You may make it. You may not.

I would have recommended a noon flight.

You need to go by the front desk and ask to be in the first group off the ship.

Keith

For a 10:55 flight you need to be at MIA by about 8:25 (and earlier is better if you have seen the TSA lines recently :(), which translates into clear of customs/immigration and bags loaded into a taxi and rolling by about 8:00-8:10.

Way tight for me - do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused: Listen to Keith and try for a noon flight to give your schedule some flex.

Sounds like you have already booked the flight. So...knowing that noon or later is preferred and certainly less stressful in MIA....all you can do is self disembark. Get up early and make sure you are one of the first in line. Then cab it to the airport.Tell the cabbie you are running late and have your money in hand to move things along when you get to MIA. If you have a pad with you, or use computers on board, I'd even make an effort to print out boarding passes. Will save a few more minutes.

Like others said, it certainly IS doable. But when we read about delays, it seems more than not they are with ships in POM and lines at MIA.

I would go to the next step and actually look at what other flights would be avail later in case you miss this plane.

Think positive. MOST of the time, you would make this flight.

Edited by eandj

Sounds like you have already booked the flight. So...knowing that noon or later is preferred and certainly less stressful in MIA....all you can do is self disembark. Get up early and make sure you are one of the first in line. Then cab it to the airport.Tell the cabbie you are running late and have your money in hand to move things along when you get to MIA. If you have a pad with you, or use computers on board, I'd even make an effort to print out boarding passes. Will save a few more minutes.

Like others said, it certainly IS doable. But when we read about delays, it seems more than not they are with ships in POM and lines at MIA.

I would go to the next step and actually look at what other flights would be avail later in case you miss this plane.

Think positive. MOST of the time, you would make this flight.

Like others have said you MUST make sure you have everything in line to do self debarkation. That is probably the only way you can even ensure you will make it. Even then you are cutting it very close. You have nerves of steel my friend.

On the last day of the cruise you need to get up early, get your stuff together, you should have it mostly together anyways, and get to the area where all the people doing self debark meet. You need to make sure you are one of the first people off the ship. That will decrease the lines you have to wait in at customs. Once off the ship I would take a taxi. It's not going to be the cheapest ride, but it's the fastest ride to the airport. Any shared shuttles will wait to fill up and will circle the port area to wait to pick up passengers from other ships before leaving the port area. A taxi will just pick you up and go.

And you better tell him you are in a hurry and tip him accordingly... Seriously I wish you good luck!

Maybe.

Don't look at when your plane takes off. Look at what time you have to be at the AP. For a 10:55 flight you should be at the AP by 9:30. Assuming it takes 1/2 hour to actually get off & another 1/2 hour to get to the AP, do you still think you can make it?