Does Johnny Rockets Charge $5.95 for adults AND kids?

Just making our on-board budget for our upcoming cruise. I know kids are less money at specialty restaurants, but wasn't sure about Johnny Rockets. Couldn't find the info on RCCL website.

Thanks for any help!

Just making our on-board budget for our upcoming cruise. I know kids are less money at specialty restaurants, but wasn't sure about Johnny Rockets. Couldn't find the info on RCCL website.

Thanks for any help!

Same price for kids.

It might depend on the waiter. We went with me, husband, 16 year old, 11 year old, and two 9 year olds (all girls) and he only charged us 3 fees for 6 people. And we ate quite a bit. Needless to say he got a big tip.

It might depend on the waiter. We went with me, husband, 16 year old, 11 year old, and two 9 year olds (all girls) and he only charged us 3 fees for 6 people. And we ate quite a bit. Needless to say he got a big tip.

With the inconsistencies of RCI the best way to be happy is assume you'll pay the highest price and be surprised if you don't.

Is there a charge for infants under 2? Is there a limit how much you can order per person? Can you get takeaway? Thanks!

infants under 2 do not belong in a specialty restaurant. when they get fussy, you ruin the experience for everyone else if you do not immediately remove the child and if you do YOUR experience is ruined. use the nursery.

they do NOT as general rule provide to go containers for anything outside of sushi in Izumi or dessert.

the limit is ONE entree per paying guest but there is no limit on the sides appetizers and desserts.

Is there a charge for infants under 2? Is there a limit how much you can order per person? Can you get takeaway? Thanks!

A two year old is NOT an infant. They are supposed to charge a child's price ($8 as I recall) in most of the specialty restaurants but ymmv. In JRs you can eat as much as you wish while seated. If you opt to do takeout you are limited to one sandwich, one order of onion rings/fries and one dessert per cover charge.

infants under 2 do not belong in a specialty restaurant. when they get fussy, you ruin the experience for everyone else if you do not immediately remove the child and if you do YOUR experience is ruined. use the nursery.

they do NOT as general rule provide to go containers for anything outside of sushi in Izumi or dessert.

the limit is ONE entree per paying guest but there is no limit on the sides appetizers and desserts.

A two year old is NOT an infant. They are supposed to charge a child's price ($8 as I recall) in most of the specialty restaurants but ymmv. In JRs you can eat as much as you wish while seated. If you opt to do takeout you are limited to one sandwich, one order of onion rings/fries and one dessert per cover charge.

Geri is correct

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Drink&faqId=3233&faqSubjectId=336&faqType=faq

Food & Beverage

s.gif

Q: Are children allowed to dine in our Specialty Restaurants? s.gif A: Children younger than 13 must be accompanied by an adult. Plus, kids ages 6-12 now dine at our specialty restaurants for only $8, and kids 5 and under eat free! Little sailors get their very own menu – a round-up of kid-friendly favorites from the "grownups" menu. Reservations can be made online or onboard at the restaurant based on availability.

I apologise for the miswording. I am a TA and used to in my industry for the purpose of airlines in general referring to any passenger under 2 as an infant, and child 2 plus.

Thank you very much for your useful information!

Geri is correct

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Drink&faqId=3233&faqSubjectId=336&faqType=faq

Food & Beverage

s.gif

Q: Are children allowed to dine in our Specialty Restaurants? s.gif A: Children younger than 13 must be accompanied by an adult. Plus, kids ages 6-12 now dine at our specialty restaurants for only $8, and kids 5 and under eat free! Little sailors get their very own menu – a round-up of kid-friendly favorites from the "grownups" menu. Reservations can be made online or onboard at the restaurant based on availability.

Thank you very much for posting!

Nursery / crèche services are not available for Australian cruises for passengers under three, so this isn't an option however even if it was, it's something we wouldn't be keen on.

Same as on land or at home, we will dine out with the little one at restaurants.

Royal Caribbean has always been a family friendly cruise line and considering they offer kids prices and kids adapted menus in the specialty restaurants, I do intend to dine with a child that will be part of our group.

As a family friendly cruise line, I guess many guests with kids will be in the same boat as us, literally.

When my partner and I choose to travel on a quieter more refined and generally adult experience cruise, we opt for Celebrity Cruises which although kids are allowed, the number of kids are generally minimal on this cruise line as their market isn't necessarily young families.

Wheras Royal Caribbeans marketing including water parks, mini golf, Dreamworlks etc, sets the expectation when you cruise that there will be more families and in turn kids of all ages.

Thank you for your time and helping answer my queries re takeaway and limits.

Keep in mind that this thread is about Johnny Rocket's, a mall fast food hamburger joint and not an upscale eatery. Just as in a mall, an on board hamburger shop would expect infants and children and no "ambiance" will be disturbed by their presence.

The bigger question is why thousands of dollars are spent on cruise fare for a family and then people want to pay a cover charge to eat run of the mill mall food court fare?

The bigger question is why thousands of dollars are spent on cruise fare for a family and then people want to pay a cover charge to eat run of the mill mall food court fare?

Because if someone gets a hankering for a burger, the free Windjammer burgers SUCK. Thats why.

One area where Carnival by far outshines Royal. Guys burgers is included in the fare.

Keep in mind that this thread is about Johnny Rocket's, a mall fast food hamburger joint and not an upscale eatery. Just as in a mall, an on board hamburger shop would expect infants and children and no "ambiance" will be disturbed by their presence.

i was responding SPECIFICALLY to a post asking about the specialty restaiurantrs and young children/toddlers

Because if someone gets a hankering for a burger, the free Windjammer burgers SUCK. Thats why.

One area where Carnival by far outshines Royal. Guys burgers is included in the fare.

JR are not much better. I'd fill up on onion rings happily though.

So far the a la carte pricing is only on Quantum and Anthem.

Is there any price list available? I mean 5,95 for all you can eat is a bargain (even on a ship with lots of free dining options) but I am curious what they charge on the new ships?

[emoji114] totally agree. On our most recent RCI sailing (30 days ago) the WJ burgers more than sucked, they were the worst ever. Shame that ship didn't have a JRs as I'd have been running there in an instant. 25 days ago we boarded Carnival and WOW what a difference in their no fee burgers!

JR are not much better. I'd fill up on onion rings happily though.

When was the last time you had a WJ burger? As I said 30 days ago they could only be described as rotten and JRs would be far superior.

JR are not much better. .

I beg to differ. While certainly not the best burger Ive had, at least all my JR burgers have been cooked to order and quiet tasty. Those frozen "bubba burger" type meat patties they thaw out, heat up and leave floating in that big vat of grease in the WJ dont even come close.

Edited by ryano

When was the last time you had a WJ burger? As I said 30 days ago they could only be described as rotten and JRs would be far superior.

last spring. I don't eat JR on shore, (I would MUCH rather eat at 5 Guys or InN Out now that San Antonio has one) so I wont eat JR on board. I'll order the RS burger if I get a craving. that at least has yet to disappoint.

I will say the pulled pork was excellent though.