Anthem of the Seas - 5-night Bermuda Inaugural - LIVE-ISH Blog!

And here is the beautiful Solarium. It may be a bit cool outside but it is TOASTY in here!

397EEA8B-ACFC-41E0-A7F2-BF43749E06E0_zpsltktpa94.jpg

C8A6E2B6-293C-49F1-9232-C6BDCD35FEE4_zpsmrkglivx.jpg

602EE736-C58A-45AA-AC56-86C2ADDD2BCB_zpskrg0tdji.jpg

For anyone following the Harmony of the Seas construction thread, does this look familiar? :rolleyes:

A0660D19-64E2-4630-B70B-933E9010FE2A_zpsx0a0d4kv.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So this was the only menu I could find at the Sunshine Bar in the Solarium. A smoothie menu? Otherwise I guess it's just the standard menu... But I'll ask the bartender when I go back for a refill :p

0F30F3AB-355B-420A-8B33-52A52839AA3C_zpsdmszlk1d.jpg

thanks! When we sailed quantum they had healthy alcohol drinks at the "sunshine bar" like heart healthy sangria and margaritas made with blueberries, was hoping anthem might have the same thing but guess they may have gotten rid of them when the deal with Devin Alexander ended.

So this was the only menu I could find at the Sunshine Bar in the Solarium. A smoothie menu? Otherwise I guess it's just the standard menu... But I'll ask the bartender when I go back for a refill :p

So the bartender did confirm that they don't have a special menu for the Sunshine Bar. He said they had just switched over from being the "healthy smoothie bar" that was associated with Devinly Decadence, which is also gone in favor of Solarium Bistro. Looks like you can still order the smoothies, but it's been transformed into a run of the mill pool bar.

Interestingly, he did say that it seemed like Devinly Decadence was always full so he's not sure why Royal yanked it.

All the pics are great!

I am noticing that nothing seems very busy with people. Odd times or just people spreading out to different areas?

Thank you!

Well I typically try to compose my shots, then wait for as many people as possible to get out of the frame before I snap it :p I'll tell you what, though, while I can tell there are plenty of people around nothing has seemed crowded to me at all. Thumbs up on that one!

Edited by CapitalKyle

What time are you due to arrive in Bermuda? I hope to watch on the webcam.

We are scheduled to arrive at 9:00 so my guess would be that we will be visible on the webcam around 8:00 or so? Anybody have a better idea of the timing on that? My math may be way off.

Hoping someone can snap a pic or two of us arriving on the webcam!

thanks! When we sailed quantum they had healthy alcohol drinks at the "sunshine bar" like heart healthy sangria and margaritas made with blueberries, was hoping anthem might have the same thing but guess they may have gotten rid of them when the deal with Devin Alexander ended.

Ahh this all adds up then. So Royal just didn't renew the deal with Devin? Wonder why. Since they first released the details I always wanted to try that low cal Big Mac :p

0F30F3AB-355B-420A-8B33-52A52839AA3C_zpsdmszlk1d.jpg

Are the smoothies included with the ultimate beverage pkg? I thought I read they were and also with the royal replenish, does anyone know?

Silk. Can't wait to try this one. The menu looks AMAZING and the decor is great.

B0C1EED2-E8CC-4CB2-A682-711D8CD3D2A3_zpskyv9qwpz.jpg

80111F65-AD00-49D9-9C00-53F4C85B1FE7_zpsoekjrwei.jpg

AE7F30DB-BB46-49B5-B317-006C7A6A7028_zpskbb1t145.jpg

Staircase between American Icon and Silk, leads down to Chic and The Grande:

DF51C96F-C363-41D9-85E0-16A66C5AD791_zpsivlokguw.jpg

Can you take pictures of the menus at the complementary restaurants if you go :)

Ahh this all adds up then. So Royal just didn't renew the deal with Devin? Wonder why. Since they first released the details I always wanted to try that low cal Big Mac :p

We were told it was too pricey for what was being served.

Loving your blog! Wondering if you are in an obstructed balcony room? We are in rooms 6666 and 6668 in an upcoming cruise which are 50% obstructed and I wondered if yours were as well when I saw the position of the lifeboats ahead of you. Have a blast!

I saw eclairs, Napoleon and Trifle at Cafe Promenade, but no cheesecake pops :(

Awww...thank you for checking!!! I won't give up hope yet! I think on Adventure they seemed to bring them out at night. Fingers crossed. People were talking about them and I missed the opportunity, so I was hoping to snag one this time around.

The weird things we ask for, right? lol :D

Wow. Look at that line for bumper cars.

Yuuup. We thought about waiting but when we saw how long you actually get to ride the bumper cars we split. I think it was maybe 2 minutes.

Awww...thank you for checking!!! I won't give up hope yet! I think on Adventure they seemed to bring them out at night. Fingers crossed. People were talking about them and I missed the opportunity, so I was hoping to snag one this time around.

The weird things we ask for, right? lol :D

There were no cheesecake pops from March 27 to when we disembarked yesterday.

Any idea how quickly/slowly the bumper car line moves?

See my comment above but I would assume the line moves pretty fast given how short the ride is. There are I think 14 cars.

We are scheduled to arrive at 9:00 so my guess would be that we will be visible on the webcam around 8:00 or so? Anybody have a better idea of the timing on that? My math may be way off.

Hoping someone can snap a pic or two of us arriving on the webcam!

I just realized, we are also now 1 hour ahead of Eastern time, so if the arrival time is local, we'll be visible by 7:00am ET, docking at 8:00ish ET?

Good Evening Kyle,

It looks like you are having a blast!!:D I cannot wait to see you pull into port tomorrow morning. It should be so exciting!!

BTW have you been using the WOW bands?

Did you receive some in your cabin or do you have to buy them? We have ours from the Quantum and hope to be able to just bring them and use them on the Anthem.

Can you also tell me what shows are on your sailing. My Sil is doing the 5 nite in September and said she couldn't find any of the shows listed:confused: I told her it was too soon to show up to book. But I'm sure they're the same ones as the 9 nite.:)

Thank you again for the beautiful pics and your awesome review.

Have a great time in Bermuda tomorrow.

Liz:)

Good Evening Kyle,

It looks like you are having a blast!!:D I cannot wait to see you pull into port tomorrow morning. It should be so exciting!!

BTW have you been using the WOW bands?

Did you receive some in your cabin or do you have to buy them? We have ours from the Quantum and hope to be able to just bring them and use them on the Anthem.

Can you also tell me what shows are on your sailing. My Sil is doing the 5 nite in September and said she couldn't find any of the shows listed:confused: I told her it was too soon to show up to book. But I'm sure they're the same ones as the 9 nite.:)

Thank you again for the beautiful pics and your awesome review.

Have a great time in Bermuda tomorrow.

We are booked on the Anthem to Bermuda in June. Same length of time (5 nights). We have the following shows:

We Will Rock You

The Gift

Spectras Caberet

We are booked on the Anthem to Bermuda in June. Same length of time (5 nights). We have the following shows:

We Will Rock You

The Gift

Spectras Caberet

Thank You so much for confirming that:). I couldn't see why they wouldn't have the same shows;). I'll confirm that to my SIL:D