Conquest questions

MikeNKim

After doing a bit of research it appears Conquest was built in 2002 and the last drydock was 2009 is that correct?

Does anyone know when it is set for another drydock?

Does Conquest have the 2.0 upgrades?

Thank you!

Kim

Edited by MikeNKim

Prattmom is correct. Conquest had a major refurb in October 2012. They added everything 2.0 but a Serenity deck. Can't figure out why - but the aft pool is still an adults only area.

Prattmom is correct. Conquest had a major refurb in October 2012. They added everything 2.0 but a Serenity deck. Can't figure out why - but the aft pool is still an adults only area.

I also don't know why they didn't do the serenity deck with the 2.0 upgrades. We were scheduled on Freedom the end of January 2015 and have now been switched to Conquest. I'm only disappointed because there is no Serenity Deck. Oh, well.

Conquest does have 2.0 upgrades such as Guys Burgers, Red Frog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Blue Iguana Cantina, EA Sports Bar, Cherry on Top and Alchemy Bar. But, alas, no Serenity Deck.

Feel free to check on my picture heavy review as I was on the Conquest in January. (Link in signature).

Edited by lovestocruise19

Just a few regular deck chairs scattered about. Sometimes they were stacked.

Conquest adult pool is on Lido Deck aft. There is the Sky Pool and 2 hot tubs. Pizza and Grille are back there as well. Tables and chairs for eating and loungers around the pool. And the Sky Bar is on the Starboard side.

You may see non adults at the Pizza and Grille area.

Edited by tandemcruzr

Conquest adult pool is on Lido Deck aft. There is the Sky Pool and 2 hot tubs. Pizza and Grille are back there as well. Tables and chairs for eating and loungers around the pool. And the Sky Bar is on the Starboard side.

Yes, I was talking about all the way forward where the Serenity Deck should be, but isn't. It is just the deck space with no Serenity comfy chairs, clamshells and hammocks.

Conquest does have 2.0 upgrades such as Guys Burgers, Red Frog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Blue Iguana Cantina, EA Sports Bar, Cherry on Top and Alchemy Bar. But, alas, no Serenity Deck.

Feel free to check on my picture heavy review as I was on the Conquest in January. (Link in signature).

Thanks for the great review.

Just wondering, on the Conquest is there a hot tub in the spa/gym area?

Thanks

Ian

Edited by Nic6318

• 1 month later...

Actually, the Sky Bar is on Port side. Sorry, I'm a stickler for accuracy :).

After doing a bit of research it appears Conquest was built in 2002 and the last drydock was 2009 is that correct?

Does anyone know when it is set for another drydock?

Does Conquest have the 2.0 upgrades?

Thank you!

Kim

Just got off Sunday. It was in really bad shape. Like they are neglecting it because they hopefully have another drydock coming. Hopefully

Just got off Sunday. It was in really bad shape. Like they are neglecting it because they hopefully have another drydock coming. Hopefully

What do u mean in bad shape? Going on my first cruise in a week and a half and I don't want to be dissappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What do u mean in bad shape? Going on my first cruise in a week and a half and I don't want to be dissappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It just looks like it's not taken care of our cabin had holes in the wall and broken drawers. And the balcony was rusty and all the around the ship there was cosmetic problems. I went on the liberty in March which is the same class and it was beautiful and spotless did not show it's age at all. The conquest does show it's age. They kept it as clean as they could. It's not dirty or anything just it has seen better days.

We sailed on her last October and it was great. We did not think anything was in bad shape. Our room was great, no issues and the balcony was wonderful, no rust to be seen. I did not see any issues at all. We will be going on the Liberty next year and I believe the Liberty had her 2.0 upgrades and dry dock a year before the Conquest so not sure how Conquest looks older.

We sailed on her last October and it was great. We did not think anything was in bad shape. Our room was great, no issues and the balcony was wonderful, no rust to be seen. I did not see any issues at all. We will be going on the Liberty next year and I believe the Liberty had her 2.0 upgrades and dry dock a year before the Conquest so not sure how Conquest looks older.

Same here. We got off the Conquest 3 weeks ago and she looked great to us. Love the upgrades and the Alchemy bar was a big hit. There is no Adult Serenity area but the AFT pool and hottubs are Adults only and they definitely enforced that while we were onboard; saw a dad asked to take his kids out of the pool almost as soon as he put them in there (I guess he missed the big sign that said ADULTS ONLY). You'll have a great time; we personally loved the ship but to each his/her own.

P.S. Also had the best cruise ship pizza I've ever had. I had it EVER night (And I don't usually do that at all)!

Edited by vacruisin
Removed space