Royal Caribbean Drink and Food Q&A

sapphiregem

Simply because it was easier for me to look in 1 spot for most of this...I'm sharing my list.

Q: What ships offer Mystery Dinner Theater?

A: Ships with Portofino or Giovanni’s Table, depending on which venue is available on the select ship, with an itinerary of 7 days or more, however black-out dates apply to some sailings.

Mystery Dinner Theater

All guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

Please allow three hours for dining experience. Please plan on being seated with other groups or guests.

Event begins at 7:00 p.m.

Hours may vary according to the ship and itinerary.

Q: What is the Fountain Soda Package?

A: The fountain soda package entitles you to unlimited refills at any of our bars or lounges, Windjammer Café, Main Dining Room and our private destinations. A complimentary Coca-Cola® souvenir cup is included as part of every fountain soda package. The cost of a fountain soda package is determined by the length of your stay, with an average daily cost of $6.50 for adults and $4.50 for children* plus gratuity. (*Child prices available for kids under 18.) The fountain soda package is sold for the entire length of the cruise vacation only. Only fountain soda is offered with the soda packages. The mini bar sodas are not included in the package and carry a separate charge.

Q: What is the Wine & Dine Package?

A: Royal Caribbean's Wine packages enable you to purchase a predetermined number of wines from our special selection and save up to 25% from normal wine list pricing. For example, if you choose the five-bottle package you will receive five bottles of wine that you can enjoy in the Dining Room, Windjammer or specialty restaurants.

Q: What does the Juice package offer?

A: The Juice Package offers an opportunity for guests sailing with Royal Caribbean to order Minute Maid juices in various quantities (6, 8 and 12 bottles) and flavors at a discounted price. Every juice bottle is 15 ounces. The flavors are orange juice, apple juice and ruby red grapefruit (flavors may change based on itinerary). If ordered online, the Juice Package will be placed in your stateroom on the date you request. If purchased onboard they will be delivered within 24 hours. Juice bottles can also be purchased on an individual basis at any bar.

Q: What is the assortment of flavors for the juice package?

A: You can select "Variety Pack" for an assortment that includes apple, ruby red grapefruit and orange juice. Or you can choose one or multiple juice flavors. Please note, if you select multiple flavors for the juice package, the flavors will be equally divided. If you do not have a flavor preference, we suggest you choose "Variety Pack."

Q: Can I use the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines with the all inclusive beverage packages?

A: No. The Coca-Cola Freestyle machines require the Coca-Cola souvenir cup to operate. Souvenir glassware is excluded from the all inclusive beverage packages.

Q: Are gratuities included in the all-inclusive beverage packages purchase price?

A: A service charge of 15% has already been included in the purchase price. You will not have to pay additional gratuities unless you desire to do so.

Q: Are the all-inclusive beverage packages available on all sailings?

A: The all-inclusive beverage packages are sold onboard all ships, on all sailings 4 nights or longer.

Q: Can we purchase the package for selected days?

A: Onboard, the all-inclusive packages are available for purchase throughout the voyage with at least 4 days remaining. Must be purchased for the duration of the cruise; prorated price based on date of purchase

Q: Does everyone in my stateroom need to buy a beverage package?

A: No, packages can be purchased by individual guests. Cannot be shared by multiple people.

Q: What wines are included in the all-inclusive beverage packages?

A: All wines by the glass up to an $8 value* are included in the select package. All wines by the glass up to a $12 value* are included in the premium and ultimate packages. guests also receive 20% off bottles of wine with the select, premium and ultimate package.

Q: If I buy the premium package and want a $12 cocktail, will i pay $2 or be charged the full amount?

A: Guests will only have to pay the $2 difference. the premium and ultimate packages offer a $10 credit towards ultra-premium cocktails.

Q: What if i already purchased the premium package online and would like to upgrade to the ultimate package?

A: Guests who have pre-purchased the premium package can upgrade to the ultimate package onboard. Guests will be charged the $10/day price difference.

Q: What happens if i lose my Coca-Cola souvenir cup?

A: If you lose your Coca-Cola® souvenir cup, you'll need to reach out to the bar manager or assistant bar manager and purchase a new souvenir cup for $4.95.

Q: Do I need to make any special restaurant reservations in order to receive the Onboard Credit?

A: No, you should make your specialty restaurant reservations as usual via the new Cruise Planner and as long as you make 3 or more reservations the onboard credit will be posted to your account on Day 1 of the cruise.

Q: What specialty restaurants qualify for the dining package discount?

A: The dining package discount is applicable to all reservable specialty restaurants.

Q: Does every specialty restaurant have a kids menu?

A: No. Of our reservable specialty restaurants, Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine, 150 Central Park, and Chef's Table do not have kids menus as those experiences are better suited for guests age 13 and older.

PREMIUM PACKAGE

PRICES STARTING FROM*

$49.00 USD Adult

ADD TO CART

OVERVIEW

The Premium Beverage Package* is the ultimate in convenience and value. Pay one set price and enjoy nearly our entire selection of spirits, beers and wines, plus non-alcoholic beverages.

Your choices include premium cocktails, frozen drinks, beers, wines by the glass, non-alcoholic cocktails, juices and fountain soda with a free Coca-Cola® souvenir cup. Drink up - there's plenty to choose from!

Price shown is per person, per day.

Royal Replenish

Save on our entire stock of non-alcoholic beverages. The Royal Replenish Package lets you pay one set price* to enjoy a wide variety of beverages.

This all-inclusive package includes our full selection of premium coffee, premium tea, and bottled water, including sparkling and still.

But that's not all. You can also choose fresh squeezed orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails, and any fountain soda, which includes a Coca Cola® souvenir cup. Bottoms up!

PRICES STARTING FROM*

$19.00 USD Adult $19.00 USD Child

Royal Refreshment

Quench your thirst after a day of splashing around on the pool deck or exploring ancient ruins with unlimited fountain soda refills. Choose the Royal Refreshment package on your vacation for just a few dollars a day, and receive a free Coca-Cola® souvenir cup.

Prices Starting from

$6.50 USD Adult $4.50 USD Child

Q: Are the all-inclusive beverage packages available on all sailings?

A: The all-inclusive beverage packages are sold onboard all ships, on all sailings 4 nights or longer.

They are available on 3 night sailings as well. I've purchased the Premium package twice on a 3 night Majesty sailing!

Q: Can I use the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines with the all inclusive beverage packages?

A: No. The Coca-Cola Freestyle machines require the Coca-Cola souvenir cup to operate. Souvenir glassware is excluded from the all inclusive beverage packages.

Wait... I thought the packages came with the soda cup?

The problem is that Royal's website contains some out of date information. The FAQ mentioned above was from the beverage packages before they were changed in Nov 2013.

The problem is that Royal's website contains some out of date information. The FAQ mentioned above was from the beverage packages before they were changed in Nov 2013.

That explains of lot of confusion for people. I also think the answer to "Does everyone in my stateroom need a package" is a bit back and forth...No straight answer there. My read on it is if they want anything other than the free options then YES they need a package of some sort or pay per drink.

But this at least sums up most of the info.

• 2 weeks later...
That explains of lot of confusion for people. I also think the answer to "Does everyone in my stateroom need a package" is a bit back and forth...No straight answer there. My read on it is if they want anything other than the free options then YES they need a package of some sort or pay per drink.

But this at least sums up most of the info.

I think this is very staightforward:

Food & Beverage

Q: Does everyone in my stateroom need to buy a beverage package?

A: No, packages can be purchased by individual guests. Cannot be shared by multiple people.

Where is that "fresh squeezed" OJ everyone is so into? Minute Maid juices are from concentrate....nothing wrong with that, but lots of folks seem to think it's poison or something!

I realize that you will never see this answer to your question, but perhaps this will help someone else. :rolleyes:

The "regular" orange juice is not merely "oj from concentrate", Minute Maid or otherwise.

It is "orange drink" which has other adulterants in it, including too much sweetener of unknown origin. Could be sugar. Could be high fructose corn syrup. No one knows. ;)

I realize that you will never see this answer to your question, but perhaps this will help someone else. :rolleyes:

The "regular" orange juice is not merely "oj from concentrate", Minute Maid or otherwise.

It is "orange drink" which has other adulterants in it, including too much sweetener of unknown origin. Could be sugar. Could be high fructose corn syrup. No one knows. ;)

no doubt it has high fructose corn syrup in it. It's in every freaking thing.

They do now come with the soda cup. That has been changed.

So if I buy the soda package (which I will do), and I've now read that it's good in the Main Dining Room, do I have to bring my souvenir cup to dinner, or will my waitstaff know that I can order a soda? Thanks in advance!

Your SeaPass card is all you need.

Food & Beverage

Q: Can we purchase the package for selected days?

A: Onboard, the all-inclusive packages are available for purchase throughout the voyage with at least 4 days remaining. Must be purchased for the duration of the cruise; prorated price based on date of purchase

They says all-inclusive packages can be purchased for remaining cruise days. Since ROYAL REFRESHMENT is listed under "ADDITIONAL PACKAGES" rather than "ALL-INCLUSIVE PACKAGES" I'm guessing it needs to be purchased for the entire cruise.

Simply because it was easier for me to look in 1 spot for most of this...I'm sharing my list.

Sure? The RCI website says:

OVERVIEW

The Premium Beverage Package* is the ultimate in convenience and value. Pay one set price and enjoy nearly our entire selection of spirits, beers and wines, plus non-alcoholic beverages.

Your choices include premium cocktails, frozen drinks, beers, wines by the glass, non-alcoholic cocktails, juices and fountain soda with a free Coca-Cola® souvenir cup. Drink up - there's plenty to choose from!

Yes to specialty restaurants, no to room service.

So say a cruiser wanted a bloody mary or a kahlua and coffee in the morning, what time are the venues open to get one if you can't get through room service? Hey it's vacation right?

So say a cruiser wanted a bloody mary or a kahlua and coffee in the morning, what time are the venues open to get one if you can't get through room service? Hey it's vacation right?

Varies by ship, but there are some bars open in the morning. Check the Cruise Compass (daily schedule) for operating hours.