LIVE From the Serenade of the Seas with Trainman-2 & Judith

Trainman-2

We Arrived Home Safely with No Speeding Tickets!

When I tried to log in on the ship this morning at 4:30 am my password was no longer working. When I called Guest Services they told me that the IT Gang was rebooting all of the ship's computers.

We have dinner at the Yacht Club tonight and need to do some unpacking and organizing for that.

Thanks to all of you for cruising along with us.

NEWS FLASH!

The Anthem of the Seas is backing up to our dock and will tie up next to us!

A Good looking Ship! Photos later...

I have been making my way through your postings and saw this .... was on that Anthem cruise and could have waved over. :) Enjoying your pics and comments.

I really do appreciate all of your thanks and good wishes.

When we got back to Bunnell I stopped by the Post Office and picked up all of the mail they had held for us while we were gone.

Then we headed up to Pet Paradise and picked up Booty who was really excited to see Judith again.

DSCN1396_zpsxobe1rlu.jpg

DSCN1395_zpsq5gi3tfp.jpg

Last night we went to the Palm Coast Yacht Club for the traditional Thanksgiving Buffet. YUMMY

When we got home I turned the heat on in the house for the first time this winter.

This morning this is what I got from the "Weather Bug"

weather_zps7kh7kytn.jpg

The current temperature is 63 degrees!

I just completed the online survey that RCI emailed to us.

I have quoted below the comments I made at the end of the survey.

Much of the food in the Windjammer was not hot. Some foods seemed to be saved and offered again a day or two later such as soups and casseroles.

In Chops, some food was just barely warm and the butter was so cold that it didn't melt in the baked potatoes.

Giovanni's Table was so dark that it was almost impossible to read the menus!

In both Chops and Giovanni's Table the food was not of the same high quality that we have had in the past and portions are clearly smaller. (7 pieces of asparagus is not enough for two people to share)

The Pool Deck needs more tables and chairs! People like to sit and talk, play cards or games, and drink while they talk. I suggest at least 12 tables, each with 4 chairs on each side (both smoking and non-smoking) of the aft portion of the Pool Deck. Except for the 12 "regular" chairs in the smoking area, none of the other chairs or loungers on the pool deck are suitable for sitting, especially for seniors.

There seems to have been a cut back in staff across the board. After breakfast, dirty plates and cups would sit where people stashed them for several hours on the pool deck. Drink service on the Pool Deck was very sparse. The ship lost a lot of alcohol sales because the staff was almost invisible.

Cafe Latitude has cut back to less costly free cookies and sweets. All of my favorite offerings from past cruises are long gone. A second person working there would be helpful and would reduce the number of people standing in lines to purchase specialty coffee drinks. (You have to ask how many people didn't make a purchase because the line was long and they didn't want to wait)

Jim .. Good comments.

I miss all the good cookies they used to have [emoji24]

Cruising on Freedom for New Years with kids and grandkids. Emphasis of cruise will be fun with the family and Royal is still the best for kids.

For us (late 50's and early 60's) .. we prefer Princess, Carnival, and Celebrity .. in that order. And surprisingly (and I know this is subjective) we like the quality and variety of food the best on Carnival. Although Celebrity's French specialty restaurant Murano's is the BEST !!!!!

I just completed the online survey that RCI emailed to us.

I have quoted below the comments I made at the end of the survey.

On both of our cruises this year (Vision and Jewel) there were always two people working at Café Latitudes. We like to sit at the tables/chairs/banquets there and people watch/read/do needle work! We also found some of the new items they had stocked very delicious!

On our last cruise we only ate dinner in the WJ once and it was ok. We really enjoyed the MDR (which we haven't gone into for dinner in 7 cruises). We don't spend our money in the specialty restaurants. We are of the opinion that we've already paid for the meals on the cruise.