Grand Turk on the cheap

mehimand5ofthem

There's a beach right there and the pool at Margaritaville are all free. You can walk along the beach in either direction for quite some ways. There's a couple friendly dogs near/at Jack's Shack for the kids to play with.

All free.

There really aren't a whole lot of "attractions" on the island, other than really good snorkeling. I mean, you *can* rent a golf cart or jeep and explore, but there's not much to see.

Eat before you get off the ship. Bring water and allowed closed packaged food like cereal boxes for the kids. Food and drinks are very expensive at Margaritaville. If you are there more than afew hours you can go eat on the ship and go back out. You dock right there at the beach. You will need water shoes there. Very rocky entering the water. The pool there is very nice and free. There's a DJ and pool games. There's even a swim up bar. There's lots of chairs at the beach and the pool. Get there early if you need shade. We love this port.

Grand Turk is my favourite family port. The beach is right there and the roped off area goes out far enough to swim to the reef. We were there in December and we were able to see a barracuda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can hang out at the beach and explore the shoreline (go to the conch graveyard...lots of threads on that), swim, snorkel, hang out. That's about it for free. Food and drink will cost you money. Going to town will cost you money, renting a golf cart will cost you money, etc.

You would need some sort of transportation ($$) if you wanted to go anyplace farther than the beach/cruise port complex.

I tried to connect to the WiFi at M-ville and had no luck. A Turk's Head lager was $5.00 there. I went down the beach to the Barefoot Cabana and got a great wifi connection and the same beer was only $3.00.

I tried to connect to the WiFi at M-ville and had no luck. A Turk's Head lager was $5.00 there. I went down the beach to the Barefoot Cabana and got a great wifi connection and the same beer was only $3.00.

Do you recall if they still offered a tour at this place? When we were there last time, the place was called "Local Village Bar" and they had offered people to do a tour around island. It was only like $5 or $10 bucks per person.

You don't have to buy anything at M-ville. Last time we were there, a jewelry store right by was selling bottled water for $1.00. We ate breakfast on ship and then spent the day at the pool and beach. Went back to ship around 2:30 and only spent spent $2.00. for two waters. :)

Jacks Shack without question. Great place to hang out with kids. Our kids love it and they were 7 & 6 on the last trip.

Although I have never been here...yet (going next month), I have read enough on these boards to know that Jacks Shack is the 1 place that will actually CHARGE you to sit in their chairs...so hardly a "free" day if that's what the OP is looking for. From what others have said, the other places won't charge you to sit in the lounge chairs. Just saying... :)

Although I have never been here...yet (going next month), I have read enough on these boards to know that Jacks Shack is the 1 place that will actually CHARGE you to sit in their chairs...so hardly a "free" day if that's what the OP is looking for. From what others have said, the other places won't charge you to sit in the lounge chairs. Just saying... :)

We have been to Jacks twice. The first time they did not charge for the cairs or umbrella, the second time it was $5 per chair, umbrella was free.

For no crowds and to be able to sit all day with wifi it was well worth it.

Mitsugirly, I know that you are a big snorkeler. There was really nobody snorkeling right there but there is a dock pretty close that may have some fish around it.

Enjoy your time at GT.

We have been to Jacks twice. The first time they did not charge for the cairs or umbrella, the second time it was $5 per chair, umbrella was free.

For no crowds and to be able to sit all day with wifi it was well worth it.

Mitsugirly, I know that you are a big snorkeler. There was really no good snorkeling right there but there is a dock pretty close that may have some fish around it.

Enjoy your time at GT.

Mitsugirly, I know that you are a big snorkeler. There was really no good snorkeling right there but there is a dock pretty close that may have some fish around it.

Enjoy your time at GT.

Oh I will definitely be taking my snorkeling gear and at least checking the area out. :D

We had the same question. Just booked a last minute cruise and because of some glitches spent WAY more than we wanted to... that means port calls need to be next to nothing cost wise. I appreciate all the advice and tips. And the beach is what I really love anyway!

Someone stated that there was a "jewelry" store close by that sold water. Do you remember the name or what it looked like, and how far we would have to walk from the ship to find it? In otherwords,is the water at the jewelry store cheaper, than buying it as your getting off the ship?

We stopped in at Island Jerk on Grand Turk. We reached it prior to Jack's. My dad was getting tuckered out walking through the soft sand, so we decided to stop. We loved it. We had $3 beers, jerk chicken, jerk pork and conch fritters. It was very inexpensive, and delicious!

We just sat at a table under an umbrella and enjoyed the view while we ate and drank. The food was awesome.

Our waiter was so nice and helpful. He even sat down and chatted with us for a while.

The place was pretty quiet. I don't think anyone else was eating there besides us. I could recommend it for sure. There were a few folks using the beach chairs and umbrellas. Not sure if there was a charge for that.

Hope this place makes it, we would go back.

Someone stated that there was a "jewelry" store close by that sold water. Do you remember the name or what it looked like, and how far we would have to walk from the ship to find it? In otherwords,is the water at the jewelry store cheaper, than buying it as your getting off the ship?

Can you fill an empty bottle on the ship from the buffet area? That's free and easier than looking for a store.

Where is this Island Jerk's facility located at on Grand Turk? In otherwards, when we get off the ship, do we go right/left and how far? So the prices there are reasonable or cheap? I understand that Jack's Shack is pretty expensive.