Another FTTF

mfiore333

We are doing a 5 day on the Conquest in August out of FLL. I'm on the fence of FTTF, they still have some available . Our flight gets in at 11am. We have 2 kids (4 and 8) , they only thing I'm worried about is embarkation . For half moon cay we have a cabana so we have priority tender anyway. Our flight headed home is at 12:30pm and we can do self walk off and get up early ...would love some advice from experienced cruisers !

Thanks [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Although many people complain that FTTF is offered to too many people now, we still like to have it. It is nice for those moments you need to get to guest services and want to avoid a huge line, as well as initial embarkation.

We are doing a 5 day on the Conquest in August out of FLL. I'm on the fence of FTTF, they still have some available . Our flight gets in at 11am. We have 2 kids (4 and 8) , they only thing I'm worried about is embarkation . For half moon cay we have a cabana so we have priority tender anyway. Our flight headed home is at 12:30pm and we can do self walk off and get up early ...would love some advice from experienced cruisers !

Thanks [emoji3]

It's just giving Carnival money so you can get some free stuff that cost Carnival nothing. If you don't give them the money, someone else will. My advice is to let someone else give them the money.

I used it on the Inspiration a few weeks ago. It was nice having our room ready right away. Crowds of people were milling around with luggage waiting until 1:30 for their rooms. Also the guest services line was like 15 people deep on the first day. We were also let off the ship in front of the crowd, so there really wasn't a line at customs.

Is that 1 cabin or two? I have to say it comes down to whether you want to spend the money. I've used it before and I think with your options I would rather spend that money on drinks and excursions. But to each his/her own.

It sounds like it might be really handy for your embarkation since you have kids in tow. I'd rather deal with "Wow, mom, look at all this neet stuff on the ship!" than "How much longer will it be? I'm bored." :)

Ultimately the decision is yours to make. Personally we won't sail without it, and while you might think you won't need it for the Guest Services priority line, you never know what might happen...as we discovered a few years ago.

I love FTTF, I booked it twice in the past, but recently its been sold out.. 7 DAY EASTERN CARIBBEAN

CARNIVAL MAGIC, OCT 21, 2017 sold out

7 DAY MEXICAN RIVIERA

CARNIVAL SPLENDOR feb 24, 2018 just booked got fttf

I

Ultimately the decision is yours to make. Personally we won't sail without it, and while you might think you won't need it for the Guest Services priority line, you never know what might happen...as we discovered a few years ago.

If I may ask, what happened that you needed the Guest Services priority line?

Thanks [emoji3]

Save your $$$.

Thanks [emoji3]

If your flight gets in at 11:00, assuming that you check bags, it will be at least 11:30 before you can even think about leaving the airport. Factoring in time from the airport to the port, I would guess that you wouldn't board before 1:00. Since the cabins are ready between 1-1:30, I would think that if you are only concerned about embarkation, you could skip FTTF for this trip.

If your flight gets in at 11:00, assuming that you check bags, it will be at least 11:30 before you can even think about leaving the airport. Factoring in time from the airport to the port, I would guess that you wouldn't board before 1:00. Since the cabins are ready between 1-1:30, I would think that if you are only concerned about embarkation, you could skip FTTF for this trip.

This ! I really was only worried about embarkation , I just didn't want the kids getting too restless while waiting. I'll bring some extra stuff in the carry on for them to do but it sounds like overall for this cruise it's not making that big of a difference to buy it. Thanks for all the replies !

This ! I really was only worried about embarkation , I just didn't want the kids getting too restless while waiting. I'll bring some extra stuff in the carry on for them to do but it sounds like overall for this cruise it's not making that big of a difference to buy it. Thanks for all the replies !

I'm usually a big proponent of FTTF. But since you don't even land until 11AM, I don't necessarily see the point if you are on the fence. Whats the worse case scenario? You wait an hour? For me, I would probably get it anyways "just in case" - but since you are on the fence already and not sold on it, don't waste your money and be disappointed if you don't end up using it.

If I may ask, what happened that you needed the Guest Services priority line?

Our stateroom's AC wasn't working on embark day, so I asked at GS before dinner to have it checked. Later we were told that it "met Carnival's standards" but it was still warm and not being air-conditioned. My sister has medical issues and I wasn't looking forward to 6 nights trying to sleep in a warm, humid room, so (after several visits to GS, and long lines avoided each time) I discussed it with my sister and we decided we'd scrap the cruise and invoke Carnival's Vacation Guarantee. THEN they moved us to a different room with working A/C...apparently the only remaining room available onboard.

Total time saved by using the FTTF/VIP line: at least two hours.