The riff raff invade the neptune suites

BumperII

Not much room but there is a higher category and I know for sure we have been aboard sometimes when one or more Penthouse was not occupied.

Lots of folks hope for a low cost upsell from an Ocean View to a verandah..... DH and I had no problem thinking a low cost upsell from and "SA" to a Penthouse wouldn't be all bad. It's the same principle, isn't it?

I don't know if HAL does it, but I know at least one cruise I was on offered a stay in the unoccupied premium suite as a bingo prize.

I get the impression from this forum that just about everyone occupying a Neptune Suite has received an upsell. But this isn't likely considering that such accommodation is sometimes sold out months in advance. .

Our first Neptune Suite was an incredible upsell from an SY guarantee. After that, they had us and we've paid full price ever since. Great marketing tool.

Our first Neptune Suite was an incredible upsell from an SY guarantee. After that, they had us and we've paid full price ever since. Great marketing tool.

Good point. :)

I was very fortunate and happy to get my upsell to a Neptune suite. But one thing that struck me a little then' date=' and in reading this thread, is that money does not buy class. I listened to one husband and wife going on and on at the cocktail party about how they ALWAYS pay full whack for a Neptune suite (while giving the eye to others around them:rolleyes:) and the next morning they both came into the Neptune Lounge, hair uncombed, in dressing gowns, teeth unbrushed, evidently just fallen out of bed, grabbed food and sat on the couch - he with knees wide apart (dressing gown, yuk:eek:)..... Yes I know they were the likely exception, but it is so true - money does not buy class.[/quote']

We have seen similar sights in the Neptune Lounge.:eek:

We have been in the Neptune Lounge when passengers have entered and treated the Concierge extremely rudely, always feel very sorry for the concierge having to deal with such people.

Amy

I'm with you. that's how we got hooked.

I am fascinated by your dog.

You can get one too. I think there is a place to click to go to the site that has them. They don't show up on my iPad so I can't find it now. They have several different animals and they are all free.

So glad that I followed along with this thread. We leave on Saturday, and today got the latest upsell call. TA called me and I told her which room I wanted. By the time she called back the rooms were "going like hotcakes", so didn't get the one I told her, but the one next to it. Doesn't matter. From VF to SS to SA. Decent upsells each time. It is going to be a grand 30th anniversary trip!

So glad that I followed along with this thread. We leave on Saturday, and today got the latest upsell call. TA called me and I told her which room I wanted. By the time she called back the rooms were "going like hotcakes", so didn't get the one I told her, but the one next to it. Doesn't matter. From VF to SS to SA. Decent upsells each time. It is going to be a grand 30th anniversary trip!

If the price is right they will go fast. No time to mull it over. Have a excellent time and happy 30th!

Enjoy the SA.

Congratulations on your 30th Anniversary.

What a great start to your anniversary trip. :)

I think that was a tasteless thing for them to do. They should not have written guests' cabin numbers on their seating cards. I would have removed mine immediately. No one needs to know my cabin number unless I choose to provide it.

The table numbers did not bother us. In fact a man sitting next to my DW told her that they only cruise once in a year in a suite. He would rather cruise several times a year in a lower category cabin.

The table numbers did not bother us. In fact a man sitting next to my DW told her that they only cruise once in a year in a suite. He would rather cruise several times a year in a lower category cabin.

I think of it as a privacy issue that the cruise line should not divulge anyone's cabin number for all to see.

Most particularly, a woman traveling solo probably does not want anyone giving out her cabin number. Privacy and Safety are the issues. Not cost of a suite, IMO.

Absolutely agree. There is never a need for a name and a cabin number in any public list. A name would be fine because tablemates will find out during an introduction. Cabin number is way, way out of line and very inappropriate IMHO.

Princess used to do this foolish thing of placing the cruiser's name on a little brass holder beside the cabin door. We would always remove ours. Not sure if they still do this...we will find out in Feb.

Edited by iancal

I think of it as a privacy issue that the cruise line should not divulge anyone's cabin number for all to see.

Most particularly, a woman traveling solo probably does not want anyone giving out her cabin number. Privacy and Safety are the issues. Not cost of a suite, IMO.

I agree. It's why I always hate the HAL "maliboxes" - very personal information is often left in those, in envelopes not sealed whatsoever.

Anyone can walk by and look through your stuff, finding all sorts of details about you. I really, really hate they leave your final bill in them.

Princess used to do this foolish thing of placing the cruiser's name on a little brass holder beside the cabin door. We would always remove ours. Not sure if they still do this...we will find out in Feb.

They still do. It doesn't bother me in the least but I know people get very uptight about it on cruise critic. It must not bother many. I can't remember ever seeing a blank.

Edited by cruz chic

First Princess cruise last summer, and that name label on door was promptly removed. Never had a problem getting mail. No one's business what our names are.

Do think the final bill should be under the door, like it used to be.

• 2 months later...

Well guys

We just got back from Alaska on the Zaandam and had a Neptune suite. Good thing we did because on the second day my husband fell on the steps coming down from the crows nest. He broke his ankle and spent the rest of the cruise in a wheelchair. In any other kind of room we would not have been able to use the chair. I realize there are handicap rooms but you must book them ahead. needless to say it wasn't one of our best cruises.

Irene

Well guys

We just got back from Alaska on the Zaandam and had a Neptune suite. Good thing we did because on the second day my husband fell on the steps coming down from the crows nest. He broke his ankle and spent the rest of the cruise in a wheelchair. In any other kind of room we would not have been able to use the chair. I realize there are handicap rooms but you must book them ahead. needless to say it wasn't one of our best cruises.

Irene

Ouch!

I hope your next cruise will be better.

Well guys

Irene

So sorry to hear that, how awful after so looking forward to your cruise. I have to say though, that we have often used a wheelchair for my DH in a regular verandah cabin, so you can make it work but it requires a little more mobility than your husband likely had with a broken ankle.

Well guys

Irene

I'm so sorry to read of your DH's accident. What an awful thing to happen on vacation. Hope he heals well and fast.