Average age

Iwant2BatC

Hello- i am seriously considering a west Africa cruise on the Silver Cloud Expedition next year. Could someone tell me what the average age of cruisers might be? Also, I understand the expedition cruises are more casual in terms of attire. Any advice? Many thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

fwiw(nbm..) + IMnsHO…... The average passenger on the xpedition ships is ageless…

One is only as old as one feels and I have out walked a lot of youngsters on ships outings

Judge not lest ye also be judged… :-)

Average age on Expedition ships is around 65, regular Silversea cruise ships will be around 75.

Really?:eek:I am 58 (will be 59 this month) and sailing Silverseas for the first time in August........guess I will be one of the

younger passengers on board. I am sailing the Spirit from Barcelona to Rome.....can't wait:)

Average age on Expedition ships is around 65, regular Silversea cruise ships will be around 75.

That's way off and too old an average from the experience of our six Silversea cruises on the Wind and Spirit. For an average I'd go with late 50's to early 60's with a mix of passengers, not counting the occasional children, as young as in their 20's to some in their 80's.

That's way off and too old an average from the experience of our six Silversea cruises on the Wind and Spirit. For an average I'd go with late 50's to early 60's with a mix of passengers, not counting the occasional children, as young as in their 20's to some in their 80's.

Hi Randy:D.....that sounds perfect:D

Hi Randy:D.....that sounds perfect:D

You'll be smack-dab in what I would consider the average age range and will fit in perfectly. Certainly there is some variance from cruise to cruise, itinerary to itinerary but we've cruised Silversea in the Med and Caribbean in just about every month from March to July and it's been pretty consistent age wise.

In our experience, the shorter the cruise, the younger the average age (excluding children). On the segments of the WC that we just finished, the average age might well have been above 70 especially since there were several very active and interesting seniors in their mid-90's! On a one-week cruise you can probably expect the average age to be late 50's early 60's, but as others have said, age is a state of mind. Most of the passengers on Silversea act much younger than their chronological age.

Don't worry about the age on board. You will be surrounded by interesting and active people with a wealth of knowledge and experience.

In our Transatlantic in the Spirit last November there were quite a few passengers in their forties. I saw them mingle very well with the older crowd and the whole cruise had a happy vibe. Walking briskly, DH and I did many laps in the jogging track and we were never surpassed by the younger walkers. I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised, even in an expedition ship.