Not satisfied with PCC

shadowmeboy

Having cruised with Norwegian several times, we have an assigned PCC. This assignment has changed several times over the years. Whenever I take the time to call this PCC, I feel I am not being listened to or I am not a high enough priority for this PCC to call me back in a timely manner if I have a question or inquiry.

What suggestions/advice do you have to get a better PCC? I want someone I could call for Norwegian specific information, and not necessarily a travel or booking agent. CC has been great, but sometimes I need a specific question answered for me.

I have used travel agents and booking agents for a few cruises, but some cruises are just easier to book directly.

If you only need answers to random questions that apparently do not need a personal relationship, why not just call NCL's general customer service number?

P.S. When you find a good TA, it always pays to book through them, our TA has always given us about 10% of the cruise fare in OBC and/or discount (compensated by their sales commission) - when booking direct NCL pockets the whole commission as PCCs/CSRs are on salary.

I am.wondering the same thing! My PCC whom I had used for several years got very pushy. I refuse to talk to him and even spoke to a manager but be is still on my emails etc

Ditto that. I heard onboard that NCL corporate is under new management. That said, my PCC has actually lied and cheated me. Never again.

["QUOTE=Demonyte;49051571]If you only need answers to random questions that apparently do not need a personal relationship, why not just call NCL's general customer service number?"

We've never had any luck with our assigned PCC and didn't use him when we booked our fall 2016 cruise. last I week called the general 800 number to ask a question about 2017 bookings. I didn't give my name, but apparently my home phone number set something in motion so I got one of those "I've been trying to reach you" emails from my PCC. He called me to say that he was reaching out since I had called the general number. I've since emailed him twice with actual questions, and haven't gotten any respons.....

Edited by hun

So far this year I've had 3 different PCC! I called yesterday to book transfers and have now been assigned another new PCC. I would be happy just talking to someone at the general reservation number, but as soon as they see I have a PCC, I'm put on hold until they are located....sometimes 20 minutes and then they tell me my PCC is not there and give me to someone else, yet again!

I think that unless you request to speak with your PCC, any agent should be able to take care of business.

I must have lucked out!! My PCC is GREAT...he even gave me his cell number! When I call him, he always calls me back within 30 minutes. I've gotten OBC from him, changed a reservation, etc. I don't know if I can provide his name on here or not. If anyone knows the rules about that, let me know.

~Joanne

I have never had any issue talking to a PCC other than my assigned one. In my experience, unless I call my PCC's extension specifically, I always end up in the general pool and talk to whoever answers the phone. And they never say "oh, I see you have PCC so-and-so, let me transfer you."

I have never had any issue talking to a PCC other than my assigned one. In my experience, unless I call my PCC's extension specifically, I always end up in the general pool and talk to whoever answers the phone. And they never say "oh, I see you have PCC so-and-so, let me transfer you."

Wow! I've never been helped by anyone at the general reservation line....every single time I'm transferred to the PCC line, even if I say that I'd be happy to speak with anyone.

Having cruised with Norwegian several times, we have an assigned PCC. This assignment has changed several times over the years. Whenever I take the time to call this PCC, I feel I am not being listened to or I am not a high enough priority for this PCC to call me back in a timely manner if I have a question or inquiry.

What suggestions/advice do you have to get a better PCC? I want someone I could call for Norwegian specific information, and not necessarily a travel or booking agent. CC has been great, but sometimes I need a specific question answered for me.

I have used travel agents and booking agents for a few cruises, but some cruises are just easier to book directly.

PCCs are the equivalent of a used car salesman. They will say just about anything to sell you a cruise. They are usually just as ignorant as any shoreside NCL rep. Once the sale is complete, it's adios unless they feel you might be a good candidate to sell you yet another cruise.

There may be a few good ones with ethics and integrity, but that is the exception, not the rule.

My advice is to find a decent TA and let them book your cruises and answer general questions. Any specific questions are almost more accurately answered right here on cruise critic.

I booked our upcoming cruise online in Dec. In late January I had a call from our PCC (didn't even know we had one since I booked online). He was trying to sell me a cruise! I told him I already had one booked. He had no clue! Hello?! He looked up our cruise and gushed away about letting him know if there was anything he could do to help us. Just give him a call.

The next day I realized I had an issue with all of our specialty dinner reservations which I had also made online in Dec. They had all gone poof (which I now know is not uncommon). I called our PCC two days in a row with no call back. So the following day I called the general number and had help with getting 2 of the 4 reservations back but not the other 2 reservations. The next day I called again and spoke with an angel who was able to get my other 2 reinstated. Neither time did they try to transfer me to my PCC. Thank goodness!

The guy never did call me back. :rolleyes:

Edited by Aprille