Brittania - register interest

veedee

Well - just phoned to register interest in Brittania's inaugural cruise and they want a deposit now !!! That's not registering interest - that is booking a cruise - plus the fact my annual travel insurance does not stretch that far ahead ! So, sorry P&O you've just lost a sale.

Well - just phoned to register interest in Brittania's inaugural cruise and they want a deposit now !!! That's not registering interest - that is booking a cruise - plus the fact my annual travel insurance does not stretch that far ahead ! So, sorry P&O you've just lost a sale.

Hi, yes read on their facebook page someone had paid a deposit,

yet it also states they do not go on sale till March 26 ish, :confused:

Mrs Blue Skt

Difficult one this. I have spoken to 2 agents today and they are mad busy with people wanting to go on the new ship. So what do you do? Book now and take a chance with paying the deposit or take a risk that you will wait and possibly not get the cruise or cabins that you want?

HI. Filled in the form on the P&O web page for a call back in 72 hours. Where a cabin number is not important, we do want our Grade & want to be in the middle of the ship.so if we can't have that, I can't see the point in booking. I'm not paying to be somewhere we don't want to be. David.

Difficult one this. I have spoken to 2 agents today and they are mad busy with people wanting to go on the new ship. So what do you do? Book now and take a chance with paying the deposit or take a risk that you will wait and possibly not get the cruise or cabins that you want?

Would also say that different web agents are offering considerably different prices and those compared are offering cruises at lower prices than P&O. Very strange.

I think that I will wait until the fuss dies down.

Whilst I would love to sail on the ship I am not prepared to pay quite a sum of money if I do not get the cabin I want and don't want to be just put anywhere.

Sounds like an expensive free for all with P & O taking your deposit several weeks in advance of sale date.

I think they could be making interest on deposits and holding people to ransom.

I would like to clear up peoples misunderstanding of pre registration, Firstly i would just like to explain that what happens is you will pay a deposit, confirm cabin grade, then on launch date (27th March) you will be allocated a cabin of that grade, the reason why P&O do this is they would rather your booking be made direct with them than you use a travel agent who will take a commission. Any travel agent that is claiming to "pre-register" you is technically lying as they will just call P&O on launch date and try and get you a cabin.....by preregistering with P&O you make a firm commitment to travel and can be safe in the knowledge that you will definitely be travelling on the voyage you pre register on.

I would like to clear up peoples misunderstanding of pre registration, Firstly i would just like to explain that what happens is you will pay a deposit, confirm cabin grade, then on launch date (27th March) you will be allocated a cabin of that grade, the reason why P&O do this is they would rather your booking be made direct with them than you use a travel agent who will take a commission. Any travel agent that is claiming to "pre-register" you is technically lying as they will just call P&O on launch date and try and get you a cabin.....by preregistering with P&O you make a firm commitment to travel and can be safe in the knowledge that you will definitely be travelling on the voyage you pre register on.

That's b******t, any TA worth his salt will ensure that they obtain a cabin of your choice, and possibly even the number you desire. Carnival are trying like mad to regain the trust of TA's after a string of disasters they brought on themselves by trying to reduce their commission, so they will ensure that TA customers get at least equal service to their own.

However it does not worry me because if I want to sail on this class from Southampton I will be booking a Royal Princess cruise, in that way I can guarantee that I will receive all price drops as a reduction in final price rather than a vague promise of extra OBC or a possible upgrade, very little of which ever happens.

Edited by terrierjohn

Lets clear up a lot of misconceptions if you pre register with P&O they ask for cabin grade and not cabin numbers, if you pre-register with a TA, or at least the one I have done this morning you give them cabin grade, cabin number choices and deposit details but they do not charge credit card until cabin is booked on 26th March. Spoke to P&O today and they clearly said that if you wanted to pick a choice of cabin numbers then you are best pre-registering with a TA rather than direct with them because they will only gurantee cabin grade and NOT at anytime did they try and persuade me not to book with TA.

TAs are not claiming to pre register you with anyone all you do is pre register with them and when they go on sale on the 26/27th March they will book, if available, your requirements. If you pre-register with P&O you cannot even give cabin numbers only grade. I have done Maiden cruises on Aurora, Arcadia, Ventura and Azura always pre-registered with the same TA and always got cabin number I requested.

Before my very first cruise, I rang P&O with lots of questions and had in mind the cruise I wanted to book for my birthday. I was invited to pre-register to have a better chance of getting the cabin we had talked about.

I thought that sounded a very good idea and said yes - and then lo and behold after taking what I thought were just 'pre registration' details, I was asked how I wanted to pay! I was really surprised I must admit.

I did go ahead and I did get the cabin, so all was well but it did make me more aware when I next read the term 'Pre-register'!

I rang to register interest yesterday and was told that I had to pay a deposit and would be guaranteed a cabin at the grade that I had paid the deposit for. On questioning the young man further I found that I would not be able to choose my cabin number, if I did not like the cabin that P&O allocated to me I would be able to request a change, if there were still cabins available in the same grade. I have no objection to being allocated a cabin by P&O when I am booking a cheap deal but the idea of paying a select price without being able to choose my cabin put me off and I have not paid the deposit, I will take my chances when the cabins go on general sale.

Well over 4000 passengers.

Not for me thank you.

What a bun fight that will be when everyone is trying to get ashore at the same time. And just imagine it if they ever go to a tender port.

or even worse, trying to get breakfast !!

Would also say that different web agents are offering considerably different prices and those compared are offering cruises at lower prices than P&O. Very strange.

The only difference ive seen is some TAs are advertising the prices before "past passenger discount" of 5% is taken off where others are to make them look cheaper are advertising with 5% already taken off at the end of the day its the same result.

After many years experience of p/o launches, I think it is safe to say that the maiden voyage will sell out. I think it is also safe to say that p/o will 'probably' take more advance registrations than they have cabins in certain categories, just hope they are fair to all travel agents and the bookings are done on a 'level playing field come 26th march.

The only difference ive seen is some TAs are advertising the prices before "past passenger discount" of 5% is taken off where others are to make them look cheaper are advertising with 5% already taken off at the end of the day its the same result.

P&O's ad give past passenger discount (on website) plus loyalty discount