Booking Hyatt Place through Value Trips?

iheartmarshall

I requested a date in January 2016 and they replied that I have to request again in August for January rates as they are not available yet.

Thanks for the reply, that's only about 5 or months out from our stay, I like to have a hotel in place by then.

We've stayed at Hyatt Place booked via ValueTrips.com and were very satisfied with both their terrific contracted rates but also the hotel itself.

That being said, don't automatically book through ValueTrips without first doing a little price checking and homework. For example, ValueTrip's rate from Oct 31-Dec 31, 2015 is $139. We're looking to stay 3 nights in December just prior to Christmas and the Hyatt Pier 66 (full service hotel just up 17th Street from Hyatt Place) is $119 for our travel dates ($108 for AAA and/or Seniors). Granted, Hyatt Place includes breakfast whereas Pier 66 does not, it pays to shop around a little before automatically assuming ValueTrips will always be the best deal.

Edited by BEAV

I was also looking for a moderately priced hotel in Fort Lauderdale that would provide an airport shuttle. After reading this thread I went to valuetrip.com and requested a room at the Hyatt Place near the convention center in Fort Lauderdale.

I will update this thread when (if) I get an email confirmation. The price was not listed for January 2016 but the highest price I saw was $139.00. That is a bargain if I get that deal.

I was also looking for a moderately priced hotel in Fort Lauderdale that would provide an airport shuttle. After reading this thread I went to valuetrip.com and requested a room at the Hyatt Place near the convention center in Fort Lauderdale.

I will update this thread when (if) I get an email confirmation. The price was not listed for January 2016 but the highest price I saw was $139.00. That is a bargain if I get that deal.

I doubt you'll get that price for Jan of 2016. When they were showing Jan of 2015 before it was $189 I think.

Let us know what they say.

. The price was not listed for January 2016 but the highest price I saw was $139.00. That is a bargain if I get that deal.

That is not their price for January. If they don't raise the rates in 2016, it will be $189. I wouldn't be surprised if the rates do go up however. Everyone else is raising theirs.

Make sure you check the address as there are 2 hotels called Hyatt Place in the area

Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center

1851 SE 10th Ave (Harbor Shops Drive West) Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, 33316

Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

91 Southwest 18th Avenue Dania Beach, Florida, USA, 33004

Only the 17th Street location is on Value Trips.

In order to lock a room in, as I was seeing increases and disappearing vacancy on the dates we were going(Jan 16, 2016) I went ahead and booked a room on Hotwire, got the Hyatt Pier 66 for $170, up from about $150 when I started watching it a couple of months ago. With taxes and all in it was about $205.

I usually use Priceline as they have lower fees, and their price was $170, but when I went to purchase 3 rooms they said, sorry, availability has changed, and raised the price before taxes to $225 a night. That was the first time I've ever seen them do this, although I've seen them lower the price 2 or 3 dollars.

I probably would have preferred Hyatt place with the breakfast and shuttle from the airport, but it's all good.

We're staying at the Hyatt on 17th Street. Any idea how much a cab to the port is? There are 5 of us so I'm guessing it s/b cheaper than the hotel transfers of $7 pp.

Around $15 total or less -- ask them to get a van taxi for you (same price as a sedan).

Around $15 total or less -- ask them to get a van taxi for you (same price as a sedan).

I have a group of 15 from hyatt to the port?

I could arrange in advance for some taxi vans for my group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a group of 15 from hyatt to the port?

I could arrange in advance for some taxi vans for my group?

I would imagine that the front desk at the hotel could make the call for you - especially if you have them put a call into the cab company the night before to make a reservation.

• 2 weeks later...

Rates for 2016 are now posted on the valuetrips website. They range from $99 (May and October) to $195 (Jan thru April). Blackout dates are also listed. I put in my request for 2 nights in Jan. on Sunday and received my confirmation today.

Rates for 2016 are now posted on the valuetrips website. They range from $99 (May and October) to $195 (Jan thru April). Blackout dates are also listed. I put in my request for 2 nights in Jan. on Sunday and received my confirmation today.

Do they show the additional taxes etc?

I have a reservation at Hyatt Place post cruise. I have a couple of questions that I was hoping that someone could help me with.

What's the best way to get from cruise port to hotel? There are three of us.

Also, we want to go to the beach during the day and then shopping/dinner in the evening. Is the water taxi close, within walking distance?

Any other tips or suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

I have a reservation at Hyatt Place post cruise. I have a couple of questions that I was hoping that someone could help me with.

What's the best way to get from cruise port to hotel? There are three of us.

Also, we want to go to the beach during the day and then shopping/dinner in the evening. Is the water taxi close, within walking distance?

Any other tips or suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

I think that the best and cheaper way is to take a taxi from cruise port to the hotel. Around $15

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am from Canada too. Since we have to pay the exchange rate in addition to the hotel price, would you mind sharing if the price you got was the posted rate of $139 for the Hyatt Place? I know $139 is a great price, however by the time you add taxes and exchange it gets a bit more pricey for one night. Do you know if in the future it will drop down to perhaps $99 as posted for other dates? Thx

Hi, I am from Canada too. Since we have to pay the exchange rate in addition to the hotel price, would you mind sharing if the price you got was the posted rate of $139 for the Hyatt Place? I know $139 is a great price, however by the time you add taxes and exchange it gets a bit more pricey for one night. Do you know if in the future it will drop down to perhaps $99 as posted for other dates? Thx

I have used Valuetrips a few times.

Don't forget you have to pay the taxes (6% + 5%) on the $139 for a rough total of $155 at the hotel. Valuetrips is a booking agent. You fill your information online, using a credit card to hold the booking. A couple of days later Valuetrips, emails your confirmation number. You pay at the hotel, if you have to cancel you contact the hotel direct. I always call the hotel to make sure the booking went through. I don't think the price will go down through Valuetrips as they have the price set for different time periods throughout the year.

I have the Hyatt Place booked through Valuetrips for Dec 24,25 for $139/per night + taxes, if I booked direct with the hotel the room is $349 + taxes.

Edited by phabric

The rate may vary by dates when are you looking at booking?

I booked with the hotel directly for Oct 31 for $134 + taxes (senior rate)

I am happy with the price

You could compare the hotel website with Value trips

I am not fond of 3rd party discount websites I only use Priceline but that is my personal choice