Disembarkation groups?

Clampram

We usually do a self walk off but this time we are going to put our bags out the night before we disembark.

When you do that, do you choose your own disembark group or does someone assign a time for you? And the, how do you hook back up for your luggage?

Thanks!

"When you do that, do you choose your own disembark group or does someone assign a time for you?"

You indicate your travel plans (i.e. independent, airline or etc.) and when you plan or want to depart (early, middle or late)

"And the, how do you hook back up for your luggage?"

Your luggage will be waiting for you after you clear customs and immigration, based on your projected departure time.

It's all very smooth and organized.

Edited by Orlando Vic

You get assigned a group, based on flight time and other related transportation options you may have selected for your cruise. The staff will deliver luggage tags that denote your group, and the luggage will rejoin you most likely based on that tag.

When you do that, do you choose your own disembark group or does someone assign a time for you? And the, how do you hook back up for your luggage?

If you are flying look into EZCheck. For $20/pp they check you into your airline and provide boarding passes the night before. You set your luggage out the night before and they take it to the airport and check it in for you. You don't see it again until you get to your final destination. Because you already have your boarding passes and luggage checked you head straight to the security line at the airport.

There are some restrictions, not all airlines, can't depart real early etc. But when it's available the $20/pp is more than worth it for us.

OK, so when you get that list of the groups and departure times, you then tell them what group that you want and return that form back to them?

We did not give them return travel times since we did not have it at the time of the booking.

Thanks again!

OK, so when you get that list of the groups and departure times, you then tell them what group that you want and return that form back to them?

You will receive a questionnaire during your cruise in which you will provide information regarding your onward travel plans on disembarkation day. A day or two prior to your final full day onboard, you will receive your color-coded luggage tags along with a disembarkation scheduled based on the tags you received. If you have a problem with the assigned disembarkation time, you can discuss it with Princess personnel...usually at the Tour Desk or Purser's Desk.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Not the way it's usually done in San Pedro. Passport check is upstairs and luggage collection is downstairs.

The OP didn't mention his/her cruise, so I checked other posts. I'm thinking he's referring to the December 10th Royal sailing out of FLL.

At Port Everglades, and all other international arrivals by ship and air I've experienced, we have always been required to collect luggage first. If not, what happens if Customs needs you to open your luggage?

You will receive a questionnaire during your cruise in which you will provide information regarding your onward travel plans on disembarkation day. A day or two prior to your final full day onboard, you will receive your color-coded luggage tags along with a disembarkation scheduled based on the tags you received. If you have a problem with the assigned disembarkation time, you can discuss it with Princess personnel...usually at the Tour Desk or Purser's Desk.

To add to what Lew has written:

*Make sure you attach your color coded luggage tags to your baggage, and keep at least one of the tear off end tags. Remove all 'boarding tags.'

*Baggage can be placed outside your cabin before you go to dinner.

*Remember, don't pack clothing you require for the last evening as well as passports and other important documents

*Your on ship waiting location will be identified in the information you receive. As just an example Blue #3 might meet in the Explorer's Lounge at 8:30am.

*There are no ship wide disembarkation announcements until the very end. All announcements are made in the designated lounges/waiting areas.

*You are requested to leave your cabin by 8am.

*Your luggage will be in the luggage pick up area in groups by color/number

*The DR is open for breakfast until around 8:30/9am

Edited by sknight

If you are flying look into EZCheck. For $20/pp they check you into your airline and provide boarding passes the night before. You set your luggage out the night before and they take it to the airport and check it in for you. You don't see it again until you get to your final destination. Because you already have your boarding passes and luggage checked you head straight to the security line at the airport.

There are some restrictions, not all airlines, can't depart real early etc. But when it's available the $20/pp is more than worth it for us.

I think we might do this. So when do you sign up for EZ check?

I think we might do this. So when do you sign up for EZ check?

Usually they send out info midway (2-3 days in) through the cruise.

There is a deadline to turn in so I would ask at the PSD as soon as possible and they will give you an idea.

If you miss the deadline they will not allow any more as they have to get the info shoreside.

Usually they send out info midway (2-3 days in) through the cruise.

There is a deadline to turn in so I would ask at the PSD as soon as possible and they will give you an idea.

If you miss the deadline they will not allow any more as they have to get the info shoreside.

Thank you!

You will likely have one but be sure to have a printed copy of your flight itinerary. They will request a copy so they have the correct names / booking number(s) etc.

We always bring a couple of copies of our airline confirmation and attach one to the EZCheck form; however, I have never seen that listed as a requirement. In checking copies of old EZCheck forms, I don't see that stipulation.

We always bring a couple of copies of our airline confirmation and attach one to the EZCheck form; however, I have never seen that listed as a requirement. In checking copies of old EZCheck forms, I don't see that stipulation.

I think you are correct, it's not a requirement but you need all the information that's on it. Which you can gather of course or provide a printed copy of it with the form as you do. Just easier to have a copy and if you didn't bring one with you it's harder to come by when you are already on board.

"When you do that, do you choose your own disembark group or does someone assign a time for you?"

You indicate your travel plans (i.e. independent, airline or etc.) and when you plan or want to depart (early, middle or late)

"And the, how do you hook back up for your luggage?"

Your luggage will be waiting for you after you clear customs and immigration, based on your projected departure time.

It's all very smooth and organized.

Wrong info , you get your luggage first then customs.

Wrong info , you get your luggage first then customs.

as was pointed out in one post, it depends on the disembarkation port. I can't remember re Seattle as that was a long time ago for us, but in San Pedro, you collect your luggage after going through immigrations. I guess if there's a problem with your luggage, you would be summoned immediately (like first thing in the am).

If you are with a group in another cabin that you want to have the same disembarkation time, there is a tick box on the questionnaire where you can indicate the cabin no. and passenger names you want to disembark with. They will be issued the same luggage tag group #/color as yours.

Edited by easyboy

We have decided to do the EZ check for our bags since our flight leaves in the evening from MIA. We are heading to a day room at Hilton Miami airport.

Hoping that Princess does EZ bag check out of Port Everglades for MIA, right???

It's a bit off putting to me to think about giving up my bag with all my "stuff" but I will have 10 glorious days to plan it out! Yay!