Best Beach HANDS DOWN

itsrocky94

Hey fellow cruise goers! My family and I are taking our first cruise on Sept 24. Now Ive been researching and everyone has their own take on what the best beach is, but there are too many to pick from!!!! :p This is our first time to the Caribbean and sadly probably our last since this trip took some serious budgeting. I want to know which beach is the most "postcard" like. I want to experience the clear water, something I have never seen in my life. I know it depends on the weather but weather permitting, which beach would give me the best experience of the Caribbean? Thank yall so much!!!

Our favorite beach is not a beach at all. The Money Bar is close to the ports so about $10 by taxi, offers free loungers and all you need to do is buy a drink or two and order some Nachos or Guacamole. They have clean bathrooms, clean showers, and rent snorkel stuff if you need it. You can have a great message in a tent by the water or learn to scuba if you feel like it. There is easy access to the crystal clear water with stairs and a railing. Great for swimming and lots of fish to see.

Service is great but never pushy.

The sand is behind a low retaining wall which makes this a perfect spot for adults who want the 'feel' of a beach but deep water swimming and snorkeling. Not recommended for families because of the wall.

Google images and it will all make sense. Can't wait to go back!

Punta Sur. http://www.cozumelparks.com/eng/punta_sur.cfm

Without any doubt the best beach on the island. It's also the best kept secret.

You have 2 options to get there. Rent a car/jeep (get the full insurance) or a taxi for the day. If you have more then 4 or just don't want to drive get a cab.

Make sure you have the price hammered out per hour, write it down, have you both sign it and shake hands. Plan on a good tip ($20-$25).

The beach is about a mile long. Snorkeling is fantastic. Free boat ride to look for gaters. Food available and good. Plan on a stop at the lighthouse, incredible views.

Have your driver take the coast road back. Enjoy. ;)

We loved Papito's. I've been very lucky to go to several places in the Caribbean and Hawaii and this was one of the best I've been to. The water is clear and once you get out not too far you can snorkel and see a lot of fish. I don't know if you have kids--there aren't a lot of "kid" things to do at the beach other than snorkeling and playing in the water--but the water itself is amazing. We picked it over Money Bar because it is actually a beach. I think it just depends on what you want.

I would do some more research here and on Trip Advisor. I think there quite a few places where you would be really happy.

There are a lot of pretty beaches in Cozumel. We have been to a lot of them and you are going to get a wide variety of opinions which are based off each individuals needs. (My favorite place there so far is Chankanaab for many reasons).

If you look in my signature line, you will find a list for Cozumel. I have reviews there with TONS of pictures in each review. You could skim through that and see which beach seems to fit what you are looking for and then start researching that beach to narrow it down. (Although I haven't been to all of them...yet...it's a start). :D

We try to do something different every trip. Out of 13 stops on Cozumel there are only two places that we have repeated. Chankanabb Park and Playa Corona. We like to snorkel and we didn't get to on our first trip to Playa Corona because of water conditions. Chankanabb has fair snorkeling but I won't be back after they raised the entry fee.

It really depends on what type of beach that you want. Loafing on the sand is good nearly anywhere. If you want fewer people you need to get farther away from the ships. Playa Palancar, Nachi Cocum, or Punta Sur will get you away from the crowds. If you don't want to travel that far and don't mind the crowds, Paradise Beach, Mr. Sanchos, Passsion Island or San Fransisco Beach all have good service. Snorkeling spots that we have visited include Playa Corona, Playa Uvas, Money Bar, and Chankanabb Park. I would have to rank all of them as fair for snorkeling. To get better you need to take a boat out to one of the reefs. Service, food and drinks are good at every place that we have been.

We try to do something different every trip. Out of 13 stops on Cozumel there are only two places that we have repeated. Chankanabb Park and Playa Corona. We like to snorkel and we didn't get to on our first trip to Playa Corona because of water conditions. Chankanabb has fair snorkeling but I won't be back after they raised the entry fee.

I'm the same way. I have only repeated Chankanaab as well because I liked it so much.

When did they raise the entry fee there? How much is it now? :confused:

Punta Sur. http://www.cozumelparks.com/eng/punta_sur.cfm

Without any doubt the best beach on the island. It's also the best kept secret.

You have 2 options to get there. Rent a car/jeep (get the full insurance) or a taxi for the day. If you have more then 4 or just don't want to drive get a cab.

Make sure you have the price hammered out per hour, write it down, have you both sign it and shake hands. Plan on a good tip ($20-$25).

The beach is about a mile long. Snorkeling is fantastic. Free boat ride to look for gaters. Food available and good. Plan on a stop at the lighthouse, incredible views.

Have your driver take the coast road back. Enjoy. ;)

Do you have an estimate of the cost for a taxi to do this?

Also, can you snorkel off shore?

I'm the same way. I have only repeated Chankanaab as well because I liked it so much.

When did they raise the entry fee there? How much is it now? :confused:

I think that we paid $10 or $12 our last time there. Now they charge $21 but you can get a $2 Coupon from Cozumel Insider. I am sure that you have been there since we were. BTW, love your reviews.

For the newbies, two great sources of info for Cozumel are: http://www.cozumelinsider.com and http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com.

I think that we paid $10 or $12 our last time there. Now they charge $21 but you can get a $2 Coupon from Cozumel Insider. I am sure that you have been there since we were. BTW, love your reviews.

For the newbies, two great sources of info for Cozumel are: www.cozumelinsider.com and www.cozumelmycozumel.com.

Oh ok. That explains it. Yes, both times we went it was $21. :) Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it.

You mentioned going with your family. Depending how old your kids are would determine my answer as to where to go.

If you have kids ages 6-16 then Paradise Beach may be awesome for them. Lots of water toys for the kids plus a pool. I believe the pass for the water toys is $12 per person. Without the water toys its $5 per person to use the chairs, palapas, and pool. The beach tends to get busy when many people are in port because it is reasonably priced and there is a lot for the kids to do. This was our beach of choice when my sons were younger and our budget was tight

my favorite beach for adults is Nachi Cocom. Very Picturesque. Mostly adults as there aren't any water toys. It's all inclusive and they limit the number of people to 100 per day. They have a pool and jacuzzi with swim up bar.

My two cents worth.

which beach would give me the best experience of the Caribbean?

Plenty of people have given you great advise about the best beaches on Cozumel, but I think you should temper your expectations. Cozumel is one of my favorite places in the world, but it is not known for its beaches. It has some that are very nice, but they are not at all representative of the best beaches in the Carribean. Cozumel is such an amazing place because of its beautiful offshore reefs, and these reefs make it such that most of Cozumel has iron shore, and many of the beaches are a bit rough.

If you want the best Carribean beach experience, this isn't the right port- but if you want an amazing day, Cozumel can certainly offer it.

Plenty of people have given you great advise about the best beaches on Cozumel, but I think you should temper your expectations. Cozumel is one of my favorite places in the world, but it is not known for its beaches. It has some that are very nice, but they are not at all representative of the best beaches in the Carribean. Cozumel is such an amazing place because of its beautiful offshore reefs, and these reefs make it such that most of Cozumel has iron shore, and many of the beaches are a bit rough.

If you want the best Carribean beach experience, this isn't the right port- but if you want an amazing day, Cozumel can certainly offer it.

So what are your suggestions for a great day in Cozumel?

1. Head to the Money Bar for an hour or two of great snorkeling from the shore

2. Either stay at the Money Bar or taxi to your favorite beach club (Paradise, Sanchos, etc.) for a few hours of sand and sun and margaritas

3. Taxi downtown for shopping and dinner

4. Back to the ship in time to watch the pier runners! :rolleyes:

For me? Scuba dive in the morning, a nice nap in a hammock, get the comida del dia at Casa Cuzumil (the lime soup is divine!), go to Money Bar for some afternoon snorkeling (get the nachos if I'm still hungry!), talk a walk around the square and head to argentina del sur for an empanada dinner, then get an ice cream float at El Coffee Cozumel.

That is my perfect day, though in a real day I probably couldn't eat that much so I'd miss the nachos at Money Bar.

Cozumel is my favorite place. We've spent multiple weeks there after going in on a cruise. I'm sad this year we only get a day.

For cruisers who want to snorkel I always reccomend Money Bar. Punta Sur is a lovely beach, for cozumel, but it has nothing on say Cancun's beaches. You might also like the east side of the island. Most days the water is too rough to safely seim though. Bring cash- the restaurants and bars don't have electricity to run a credit card.

Edited by skittl1321