No Bar Menus??

kjh1990

We were recently onboard Liberty of the Seas Febuary 23rd to 28th sailing. We were very disappointed to see that there were zero bar menus onboard at any of the bars. We spoke to guest services who said it was fleet wide that there were no menus available as they are making new ones. We were very disappointed that we purchased the alcohol package ahead of time and once onboard there were no menus to see the available drinks. I ended up paying to use the wifi to see the menus uploaded to this site. Has anyone else experienced this on any other ships?

We've had drink menus on recent cruises on Explorer and Adventure, but they did not have prices.

Ditto. The new no prices on the menu thing is pretty annoying. Keeping the customer uninformed about any product detail (in particular pricing) is in the long run a very poor strategy. It either forces one to ask (wasting time for the server and customer) or causes annoyance when one pays way more for a drink than they figured it would cost. Either way, not a good outcome. I'm sure some don't care about the price of what they order but I'm quite sure many do.

We are just off the Serenade and they had drink menus listing a few drinks, but no prices. When we asked, we were told the price of all cocktails is now $12.00. If that is true, that's mighty high IMHO. I can see that for a fancy cocktail (maybe), but $12.00 for vodka & orange juice???

Drink of the Day was $7.75 plus 18% gratuity, which isn't too bad. Wines by the glass were available starting at $8.00. Soft drinks at $2.25 seemed like a bargain by comparison!

We are just off the Serenade and they had drink menus listing a few drinks, but no prices. When we asked, we were told the price of all cocktails is now $12.00. If that is true, that's mighty high IMHO. I can see that for a fancy cocktail (maybe), but $12.00 for vodka & orange juice???

Drink of the Day was $7.75 plus 18% gratuity, which isn't too bad. Wines by the glass were available starting at $8.00. Soft drinks at $2.25 seemed like a bargain by comparison!

We just got off the EX Thursday and my drinks (Vodka and cranberry juice) were $7.50 or $7.75 plus tip

No drink menus at all on Liberty on 1/31 either. Bartenders just said they didn't have them anymore with no further explanation. We had the drink package but I could definitely see how someone without a package would get a big surprise with the tab.

But I can see how removing them could benefit RC. It could encourage more drink package purchases and limit some people from ordering speciality/frozen drinks which I'm sure the bartenders get tired of making. Much easier and faster to mix a vodka club rather than a frozen drink with 3 liquors, 2 juices and fruit garnishes. And would make the line move quicker with no one holding up the line while they mull over the choices.

Has this company lost it's mind at this point or what? Why are paying customers putting up with these games? This is completely offensive to me as a paying customer. Must have been dreamed up by an MBA:rolleyes:

No drink menus at all on Liberty on 1/31 either. Bartenders just said they didn't have them anymore with no further explanation. We had the drink package but I could definitely see how someone without a package would get a big surprise with the tab.

But I can see how removing them could benefit RC. It could encourage more drink package purchases and limit some people from ordering speciality/frozen drinks which I'm sure the bartenders get tired of making. Much easier and faster to mix a vodka club rather than a frozen drink with 3 liquors, 2 juices and fruit garnishes. And would make the line move quicker with no one holding up the line while they mull over the choices.

Now that you mention it I don't think there were any frozen drinks on the menu that we saw last week. I know there was no pina colada listed as I did look for that.

Has this company lost it's mind at this point or what? Why are paying customers putting up with these games? This is completely offensive to me as a paying customer. Must have been dreamed up by an MBA:rolleyes:

No MBA in their right mind would ever come up with something this stupid. Probably an Industrial Engineer ;)

Well then, I will foil their "evil plan" with a plan of my own: I have saved the screen shots from the Cruising with Gambee site to the "Drink Menu" album I created on my phone! :D

Now I will still be able to mull to my heart's content as I decide which new drink I'd like to try!:p

Did you ask for "house" vodka and cranberry juice?

This was the price I saw on the (zero) bar ticket that we got during the nightly cocktail hour. I think they give you Finlandia or Smirinoff which I think are the house brands.

Not meaning to sound rude but it is there job to make the drinks. Whether it is frozen or normal. If they fed up of making the harder drinks, then maybe not best job for them. So if the cruise line want to sell the frozen stuff there should be a menu etc.

I just feel annoyed as it works in favor of the cruise line not having prices. Feels a bit sneeky if people paying for drinks and not fully aware of price.

I just feel annoyed as it works in favor of the cruise line not having prices. Feels a bit sneeky if people paying for drinks and not fully aware of price.

I've heard this before so maybe you could explain how no prices works in favor of the cruise line. For the last few cruises we've noticed that there were no menus on the bar but if we asked, they would always produce one from behind the bar.

Edited by Big_G

Guest maddycat
There were no bar menus on my recent Grandeur cruise but I was told it was part of the enhanced sanitization program we were under.

That gave me a good laugh. What a line of BS.

I don't order in a bar or restaurant on land without knowing the prices and I won't do it on a ship.

I've heard this before so maybe you could explain how no prices works in favor of the cruise line. For the last few cruises we've noticed that there were no menus on the bar but if we asked, they would always produce one from behind the bar.

I can think of several ways: those on the drink package, esp the basic one, may find themselves THINKING they are ordering a drink that is covered by the $8 limit, but "Oh! wait! tis Not! full price for you baby!"

those that are not on any package but dangit they want that fruity umbrella drink and just order all willy nilly without paying attention.

I can see how that would be a major PITA in Vintages though. esp with the many price options. I like my wine by the glass to be under a certain price point. if I cannot determine what anything costs, I am less won't to actually order( we don;yt do th packages)

I can think of several ways: those on the drink package, esp the basic one, may find themselves THINKING they are ordering a drink that is covered by the $8 limit, but "Oh! wait! tis Not! full price for you baby!"

those that are not on any package but dangit they want that fruity umbrella drink and just order all willy nilly without paying attention.

I can see how that would be a major PITA in Vintages though. esp with the many price options. I like my wine by the glass to be under a certain price point. if I cannot determine what anything costs, I am less won't to actually order( we don;yt do th packages)

That's about as close to a legit explanation as I've seen but every time I've heard someone order a drink that's not on their package, the bartenders have told them ahead of time. Some people here have actually made it out to be a conspiracy of some sort. The lack of menus is kind of dumb because I know people, especially DW, like to try new cocktails on almost every cruise.

We were on that sailing as well- we asked in both the Schooner and Champagne bars and both didn't have menus. I was disappointed because I love their champagne cocktails and the bartender in the Champagne bar was great in recommending certain cocktails. I wrote about this in the survey i got in my email yesterday.

Which package only has an $8 limit? I have the Premium package and I could have sworn it was $12.