Thermal Spa Pass - What is all the hype about?

morningstar4

Well... what did the great reviews say?

:confused:

lol...maybe i shouldn't have called them "reviews." i have seen many threads where people mention that they really enjoyed the thermal spa and that it's a "must" when they cruise. they don't say what they enjoyed or why it's a "must." :confused:

which ship are you looking at?

the larger ships Epics upwards have larger thermal spas

jade/jewel/gem are a bit smaller and so bit less cost

however includes all cruise acess to area with heated loungers saunas steam room and jacuzzis

we will be on the gem...thanks for the info!

lol...maybe i shouldn't have called them "reviews." i have seen many threads where people mention that they really enjoyed the thermal spa and that it's a "must" when they cruise. they don't say what they enjoyed or why it's a "must." :confused:

For me, it's the fact that it's a quiet place away from crowds. It is rarely busy and never crammed, which means you can have access to the sauna/hot tub etc, which is generally not the case around the main pool. Many of them also have great views of the sea, that isn't always available from other parts of the ship.

Following, as I have passes for the week on the Dawn, courtesy of my sister for my husband and I as an Anniversary gift. We are sailing from Boston in May so I am not sure how warm the sea days on the ship will be! First time in the thermal spa after 5 sailings!! I am excited!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I keep reading great reviews about the thermal spa pass. We have never been on NCL and I'm wondering what makes it so popular...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice quiet place with sauna/steamroom and hot tubs that more than likely have not been peed in. Most people love the heated loungers . And yes great views!

we will be on the gem...thanks for the info!

Glad to know what ship you're on. Many people replied to your other post with recommendations that were specific to the Epic and larger ships. The Gem doesn't have a Spice H2O pool for instance.

The Gem thermal spa, while a bit smaller than the Epic and different in that there's no outside deck area, it's better, IMO. It's quieter and they play some lovely piano music with crashing waves setting a very relaxing tone. (No music on the Epic.)

The main spa has a large thermal pool, & hot tub and thermal and regular loungers. Floor to ceiling windows give a beautiful unobstructed view, which you don't get on the Epic, because the outside deck is in the way. Even outside, the railing is in the way. The view is definitely better on the Gem. On the Epic, the locker rooms are just that. Locker rooms with a small sauna and steam room, showers and changing areas. On the Gem, there's a single person jetted tub which is super effective at getting the knots worked out, the sauna and steam rooms are larger and the sauna has an incredible view, and there are non-heated lounge chairs in the locker rooms with the same view as the main spa area.

I found this a nice spot to curl up with a book when the spa was a little busier and I wasn't with my husband.

Check out the message board specific to your ship and enjoy your cruise!

Following, as I have passes for the week on the Dawn, courtesy of my sister for my husband and I as an Anniversary gift. We are sailing from Boston in May so I am not sure how warm the sea days on the ship will be! First time in the thermal spa after 5 sailings!! I am excited!

I have done the Dawn's spa pass three times. It is not the full thermal spa of the newer ships. However it has a pool that is 4' deep and if you like you can do "short" laps in it. Maybe 35' long and 15' wide. There are two "quiet rooms"; one male one female. There are no thermal loungers. It is a quiet space and not often crowded unless the weather is poor.

I spent 4+ hours a day there. I hid from the noise, crowds and mid-day heat. After dinner I would just float and soak all by myself until they closed. It was real quiet then!:D

we did it once on Breakaway, on a winter sailing. it was nice to have use of a pool when it was cold outside. also it was nice to watch sailaway from one of the heated loungers facing front. plenty of hot tub space, and salt room and sauna. was awesome to have a place with no kids (on a warm weather sailing we did Vibe). the only negative for us is no bar in the spa LOL.

Glad to know what ship you're on. Many people replied to your other post with recommendations that were specific to the Epic and larger ships. The Gem doesn't have a Spice H2O pool for instance.

The Gem thermal spa, while a bit smaller than the Epic and different in that there's no outside deck area, it's better, IMO. It's quieter and they play some lovely piano music with crashing waves setting a very relaxing tone. (No music on the Epic.)

The main spa has a large thermal pool, & hot tub and thermal and regular loungers. Floor to ceiling windows give a beautiful unobstructed view, which you don't get on the Epic, because the outside deck is in the way. Even outside, the railing is in the way. The view is definitely better on the Gem. On the Epic, the locker rooms are just that. Locker rooms with a small sauna and steam room, showers and changing areas. On the Gem, there's a single person jetted tub which is super effective at getting the knots worked out, the sauna and steam rooms are larger and the sauna has an incredible view, and there are non-heated lounge chairs in the locker rooms with the same view as the main spa area.

I found this a nice spot to curl up with a book when the spa was a little busier and I wasn't with my husband.

Check out the message board specific to your ship and enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for all the detailed info... sounds amazing!

we did it once on Breakaway, on a winter sailing. it was nice to have use of a pool when it was cold outside. also it was nice to watch sailaway from one of the heated loungers facing front. plenty of hot tub space, and salt room and sauna. was awesome to have a place with no kids (on a warm weather sailing we did Vibe). the only negative for us is no bar in the spa LOL.

On the getaway they had no problem with us bringing our drinks in from the bar lol

I've had spa passes on the Jade, Epic, and Pearl. The Jade was so-so, the Pearl was good, and the Epic was wonderful. Like others, I love the atmosphere and being able to go to a kid-free relatively quiet and uncrowded place. I have arthritis so being able to soak after a long port day is great for the aches and pains. I'm on the Pearl again in 75 days and have already bought our spa passes and I'll be getting one for my Epic Western Med cruise in Sept, too :D

On the getaway they had no problem with us bringing our drinks in from the bar lol

Make sure they are in PLASTIC cups. On one of our cruises on the Gem some genius decided to sneak in a glass of wine. What do you think happened? The idiot dropped the glass and broken glass went everywhere. This was on the FIRST day of the cruise. The thermal spa was closed for 24 hours, I guess they wanted to make they got up every piece. Their must have been a dozen people who wanted to strangle the person. I just happened to be walking by the front desk as the manager was having a good talk with the person. I've never seen or heard a crew member angry........until then. Needless to say I ever saw the person again