Thermal Spa Pass - What is all the hype about?

morningstar4

I keep reading great reviews about the thermal spa pass. We have never been on NCL and I'm wondering what makes it so popular...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are not in the Haven, the Thermal Spa is the next best thing IMO! No kids, quiet, soft music (on the Jade and Jewel), tea, water, lounge chairs great for napping or reading (I nearly finished reading the third installment of Game of Thrones on the Jade), beautiful view of the sea, hot tubs that you can actually spend quiet time in...

...heavenly.

On the pearl now and have spa passes... not worth it.

If you like medium warm pools go for it.

It is a nice place to relax, but no hot jacuzzis or bubbles.

Save your money!

I"m disappointed to hear that. When I was on the Pearl in Sept I noticed the temps were quite a bit hotter than what I'd experienced on both the Jade and the Epic. I'll be back on the Pearl in a few months, so at least I now know ahead of time and can adjust my expectations.

Do the thermal spas smell like chlorine? Or rather smell of the byproduct of chlorine reacting with dirty bodies?

It's a migraine trigger for me, and it'd be a shame to spend the money on a pass I can't use.

Do the thermal spas smell like chlorine? Or rather smell of the byproduct of chlorine reacting with dirty bodies?

It's a migraine trigger for me, and it'd be a shame to spend the money on a pass I can't use.

It hasn't been noticeable when I've been in them, although I have seen a few posts that disagree. There are times when they do increase the chlorine. Given that it sounds like a dealbreaker for you - you could go on the tour of the spa on embarkation day and see how you feel about it.

• 3 weeks later...
Would anyone happen to know the price of the spa pass on the Breakaway for a 14 day cruise (going Feb 2018)? Just trying to see if it's going to be worth it for us or not. Thanks!

Prices will probably go up next year, but I just paid $299 for 16 nights on the Getaway ($329 if purchased on board) leaving Sunday....YAY! You should see a price somewhere around there and can pre-book online 100 before sailing if in Haven, 90 days before if other cabin type. I understand that the TA's do fill up more than the shorter, more port-intensive itineraries.

Following, as I have passes for the week on the Dawn, courtesy of my sister for my husband and I as an Anniversary gift. We are sailing from Boston in May so I am not sure how warm the sea days on the ship will be! First time in the thermal spa after 5 sailings!! I am excited!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My husband and I LOVED the spa on the Dawn

this youtube video (which is not mine) shows the spa on the dawn a bunch of times

I think the Gem has the nicest and largest Thermal Spa out of all of the Jewel Class ships. I was surprised at how much smaller the Jewels was compared to it

I will be on the Jewel. I'm a little bummed that the spa is not set up like the Breakaways. I like hanging out with my husband. There is a small area to do so, but it is really small. H decided not to purchase a pass with me. Is there a free Sauna and steam room in locker area?

How much is the pass on the Epic?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

The price is dependent on the length of the cruise and which ship and what amenities there are in the Spa - we did a 14 day repo on the newly dry docked Dawn 10/28/2016 and the price was considerably lower that the 14 day Breakaway cruise in January of 2017. The Dawn looks really great - and we did have Spa passes - but my husband kept comparing it to our Breakaway Spa experience in 2015.

However for the 2017 Breakaway trip they had raised the price significantly for 14 days - and we skipped it since the cruise was so port intensive. We had a balcony and Vibe passes and that worked out.