Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

AMAZING - I keep looking because we are booked in SGS deck 8 also - when are you sailing? Hope not March 1 or we are double booked?? I keep looking and looking to see when they put the balcony divider in - I can't wait to see that 259 Sq. ft. balcony and how big it really will be.

Hopefully, they will put them in soon. The large port hole is a big bonus. I guess we will have 2 sliding glass doors plus the large port hole. I am not sure I am liking the extra entrance to the bathroom from the living room area. I don't think it is necessary, and it kind of looks like a porta potty entrance - ha. Maybe I will like it when I see it. I am also anxious for a floor plan to see how it is all set up. It is a LITTLE smaller than the GS on other ships, but the balcony is larger than most cabins. Let me know your thoughts as we keep looking at the cam - ha! We booked this May 28 when bookings first opened - hope it is worth it.

AMAZING - I keep looking because we are booked in SGS deck 8 also - when are you sailing? Hope not March 1 or we are double booked?? I keep looking and looking to see when they put the balcony divider in - I can't wait to see that 259 Sq. ft. balcony and how big it really will be.

Hopefully, they will put them in soon. The large port hole is a big bonus. I guess we will have 2 sliding glass doors plus the large port hole. I am not sure I am liking the extra entrance to the bathroom from the living room area. I don't think it is necessary, and it kind of looks like a porta potty entrance - ha. Maybe I will like it when I see it. I am also anxious for a floor plan to see how it is all set up. It is a LITTLE smaller than the GS on other ships, but the balcony is larger than most cabins. Let me know your thoughts as we keep looking at the cam - ha! We booked this May 28 when bookings first opened - hope it is worth it.

We are on the 12 day sailing but not til 4/12 cabin 8234. I can't wait to see the layout of the room/bathroom. I may like the idea of the 2 bathroom entrances since me & my sister will be travelling with my 80+ yr old dad - the way it looks we would both have access to a door without bothering someone else - we will just have to be careful to not open the door when someone else is in there.

I can't wait to use that super-huge balcony to eat dinner on for a couple of times - we left some nights open so that we can do that (especially in Puerto Rico since we are there later in the evening.

If you are in that cabin take good care of it for us:)

PS - where in PA are you from - I am in Exton (chester co) & my sister & dad are in Delaware Co.

Pat (pkexton)

Edited by pkexton

Hi Pat

I see that light or reflection in that cabin. I am sure they are working around the clock now. Probably were before as well. Don't let them put it on your s&s account. 😆

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hi Pat

I see that light or reflection in that cabin. I am sure they are working around the clock now. Probably were before as well. Don't let them put it on your s&s account. 😆

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yeah my electric bill is high enough:D - and I hope they don't leave the water faucet on either:)

Pat

So we get to sail before you. We will take good care of the suite for you - the same exact cabin. If you get any information on floor plan or pics please post, and I will do the same.

We are about an hour from Philadelphia - Reading area - so not too far from your home in Exton. Yes the sep. entrance to bath will be nice for your traveling situation. It is just strange to have a cabin and not know the exact layout. Well, hopefully, some more information soon - I guess this is a lesson in patience for all of us. I LOVE sailing out of Bayonne and not having to fly - that way we get more days at sea.

So we get to sail before you. We will take good care of the suite for you - the same exact cabin. If you get any information on floor plan or pics please post, and I will do the same.

We are about an hour from Philadelphia - Reading area - so not too far from your home in Exton. Yes the sep. entrance to bath will be nice for your traveling situation. It is just strange to have a cabin and not know the exact layout. Well, hopefully, some more information soon - I guess this is a lesson in patience for all of us. I LOVE sailing out of Bayonne and not having to fly - that way we get more days at sea.

I hope we do get to see more of the inside layout soon but I guess patience is a virtue :)

I really have not seen a lot of pictures to see how much of an obstruction my cabin is. We are sailing on 6290. Can anybody tell from photos?

If you are sitting on the balcony, you will only see a lifeboat. If you are standing up, you will see the top of the lifeboat, I don't believe you will be able to look down and see water, only the lifeboat.

Could be wrong but that is what it looks like to me!

If you are sitting on the balcony, you will only see a lifeboat. If you are standing up, you will see the top of the lifeboat, I don't believe you will be able to look down and see water, only the lifeboat.

I think you are spot on.

Click the XXL photo at the bottom. I think I am going to switch my obstructed balcony (6568) to a regular balcony.

I saw the post from Andreas earlier in another thread about the XXL photo he added. After looking at it and zooming into it for more details, there are a lot of obstructed balcony views on deck 6. If the price to switch to a regular balcony is reasonable (given that prices have gone up since the original sale), I would definitely switch too. Good luck.

check out this website you can see it clearly the obstruction

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=325

Thanks to all for sharing the high res picture. I booked an E balcony and if you count correctly (took me a few tries) you can spot the 4 extra large E balconies on decks 6 and 7 (2 and 2, right on top of each other). I'm very pleased with the balcony size, and now just wish Royal would finally release an accurate rendering of the interior of the smaller, oddly square E cabins. I imagine the couch will have its back along the windows, since there seems to be a door with an oval-ish shaped window at the end of the cabin.

While the interior is smaller, I realized that it was only approximately 4 or 5 square feet smaller than an Oasis Class balcony cabin, so I think I can live with that for the lovely, huge balcony!

Edited by Dave85

I saw the post from Andreas earlier in another thread about the XXL photo he added. After looking at it and zooming into it for more details, there are a lot of obstructed balcony views on deck 6. If the price to switch to a regular balcony is reasonable (given that prices have gone up since the original sale), I would definitely switch too. Good luck.

Thanks. I just emailed my travel agent. I believe it will only be $180 more total for us to switch to a regular balcony room. Seems like a no-brainer for a 9-day cruise.

Thanks. I just emailed my travel agent. I believe it will only be $180 more total for us to switch to a regular balcony room. Seems like a no-brainer for a 9-day cruise.

Totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I think you are right. We booked the cabin because it appears to be larger on the deck plan. It would be too much to book a different class higher, and lower lol. I think we will enjoy. Thanks every one.

I think we are all curious about this outdoor area on the promenade deck. I'm thinking on the starboard side it will just be a covered area to sit, since the interior section behind it is just a walkway. On the port side it's right outside Jamie's Italian Kitchen so most likely outdoor seating for this restaurant.

14825862079_9df41c8039_z.jpg

I think we are all curious about this outdoor area on the promenade deck. I'm thinking on the starboard side it will just be a covered area to sit, since the interior section behind it is just a walkway. On the port side it's right outside Jamie's Italian Kitchen so most likely outdoor seating for this restaurant.

14825862079_9df41c8039_z.jpg

The thing I don't understand though is that neither spot seems to have a door. When the weather is poor and you would need an indoor space the protective glass barriers outside the doors were always getting splatter by the sea breeze if not more. Many times even the doors would get covered regardless of the barriers. Without direct access regardless of the shelters protection no one will be getting there. The other thing I can't figure out is the idea of it being a smokers area but it doesn't seem to have ventilation built in to it. The smoke has to go somewhere and the only place we don't really see is the back but they need open room for people to walk by (out of the smoke) and I doubt the balconies above it want to be smoked out all the time.

The more I see it (still not certain the glass is really there yet, no glass is that clear at all times) the more I keep thinking it may be a conservatory area like some of the older Celebrity ships have. A nice area to sit out surrounded by flowers and shrubs in the sun light. They could have a hand full of tables for special occasions out there as well. There is no chapel onboard so that would be a nice wedding spot.

Edited by DEIx15x8

The thing I don't understand though is that neither spot seems to have a door. When the weather is poor and you would need an indoor space the protective glass barriers outside the doors were always getting splatter by the sea breeze if not more. Many times even the doors would get covered regardless of the barriers. Without direct access regardless of the shelters protection no one will be getting there. The other thing I can't figure out is the idea of it being a smokers area but it doesn't seem to have ventilation built in to it. The smoke has to go somewhere and the only place we don't really see is the back but they need open room for people to walk by (out of the smoke) and I doubt the balconies above it want to be smoked out all the time.

The more I see it (still not certain the glass is really there yet, no glass is that clear at all times) the more I keep thinking it may be a conservatory area like some of the older Celebrity ships have. A nice area to sit out surrounded by flowers and shrubs in the sun light. They could have a hand full of tables for special occasions out there as well. There is no chapel onboard so that would be a nice wedding spot.

Good points. It's really hard to say. One thing seems certain to me, and that is likely this is an afterthought. If there is one criticism of QUANTUM already, it's limited connection to the sea. The outdoor promenade deck is gone and the upper decks are mostly filled with attractions. Lines like NCL and Carnival have fantastic outdoor promenade decks with restaurants, hot tubs, bars, loungers, etc. lining them all with a great connection to the sea. Cruise lines are finally realizing that people want to see, smell, and hear the ocean when they take a cruise, and ships designs are starting to reflect this. The Quantum & Oasis Class do not reflect this trend, and generally they are considered inward facing ships. Perhaps these little "verandahs" so to speak on QUANTUM are a small attempt to incorporate some connection to the sea into the existing design?

Most definitely and good move on your part.

I have to say though, if it was not for some of the photos we have seen here on CC and many more provided by the press including the likes of HD1080ide, Andreas and Ingrid we would be in some respect at total loss regarding Quantum Class and since RCI did not really share any "good" info either. Imagine those people who have no idea about CC or the web and booked these cabins hoping maybe for small obstruction. I think there are are still some cabin categories in which people still have no idea what the layout is.

Good points. It's really hard to say. One thing seems certain to me, and that is likely this is an afterthought. If there is one criticism of QUANTUM already, it's limited connection to the sea. The outdoor promenade deck is gone and the upper decks are mostly filled with attractions. Lines like NCL and Carnival have fantastic outdoor promenade decks with restaurants, hot tubs, bars, loungers, etc. lining them all with a great connection to the sea. Cruise lines are finally realizing that people want to see, smell, and hear the ocean when they take a cruise, and ships designs are starting to reflect this. The Quantum & Oasis Class do not reflect this trend, and generally they are considered inward facing ships. Perhaps these little "verandahs" so to speak on QUANTUM are a small attempt to incorporate some connection to the sea into the existing design?

I would agree that it could be an afterthought. Just look back at the original renderings, there were nine big lifeboats. Two of those, one on each side of the ship have been replaced by this glass enclosure (that started out looking like a trellis). It would be a nice addition if was some sort cool outdoor promenade sitting area, drink or snack place (but not quite completed). As much as they may not like to, RCI may have to incorporate some of the waterfront and promenade ideas out there by NCL, Carnival, MSC and Costa. As you also note, this is what most cruisers like these days with the changing trend.

I think there are are still some cabin categories in which people still have no idea what the layout is.

E balconies fall into that category. No idea what the layout of the cabin interior is at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app