Already Frustrated with Carnival Horizon

meatloafsfan

I just got off the phone with Carnival and spoke to them about needing a 3 person accessible room that had to have a couch because none of the three in the room could do the pullman and they put us in 10202. I'd suggest just call if you really want to go on the Horizon because the lady that I talked to was really helpful.

word to the wise: I booked what as listed as a handicapped accessible cabin on the Vista before it actually sailed. When I checked a few months later after it had begun its MEd cruises, the room was no longer listed as handicapped - there are no SPA interior handicapped rooms on the Vista - so they moved me (when I called Special Needs) to an Ocean View handicapped in the Family Harbor area and gave me and cabin mate spa passes for the week to replace what we were losing at no additional charge. Be aware that what the deck plans say right now are HC may not be after the company takes charge of the ship.

word to the wise: I booked what as listed as a handicapped accessible cabin on the Vista before it actually sailed. When I checked a few months later after it had begun its MEd cruises, the room was no longer listed as handicapped - there are no SPA interior handicapped rooms on the Vista - so they moved me (when I called Special Needs) to an Ocean View handicapped in the Family Harbor area and gave me and cabin mate spa passes for the week to replace what we were losing at no additional charge. Be aware that what the deck plans say right now are HC may not be after the company takes charge of the ship.

This is true. However I'm hoping that since this is the second one if it's class, that they have a better handle on the cabin numbers and types. I think it's more of an issue with the first. HCs weren't the only ones to be changed around, it happened to aft cabins as well and maybe others too. The Carnival brochure I have vs what it really is differs.

This is true. However I'm hoping that since this is the second one if it's class, that they have a better handle on the cabin numbers and types. I think it's more of an issue with the first. HCs weren't the only ones to be changed around, it happened to aft cabins as well and maybe others too. The Carnival brochure I have vs what it really is differs.

We have seen sister ships cabin numbers vary from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone

I just booked a handicapped cabin, I spoke with the special needs dept. and booked a 4J on deck 10, cabin 10205. They were very helpful Give them a call.

Had this cabin on the Vista...best cabin thats not a balcony. ever.

I came here to add that when we booked the Vista (Jan 2015) then sailed in August 2016 some cabins changed/and became handicapped as it started its wet dock. Our cabin above was one of these cabins.

So theres always a chance more might come up.

We have seen sister ships cabin numbers vary from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone

Agree. I think that it seems to happen less with additional ships within the same class unless they are adding/moving cabins such as the Reflection within the S-Class ships as one example. Not saying it won't, just that they have a better idea of how things are actually going to be and the classifications the more experience they have with that particular class.

According to one website, Horizon has 35 wheelchair accessible cabins. I can't say whether they should have more or not, but surely over all the years, all the cruise lines, and all the ships, they've done extensive research to determine what is sufficient to fulfill the needs of special needs cruisers. I don't think they'd build a new ship with over 1,800 cabins and decide on 35 accessible cabins arbitrarily.

According to one website, Horizon has 35 wheelchair accessible cabins. I can't say whether they should have more or not, but surely over all the years, all the cruise lines, and all the ships, they've done extensive research to determine what is sufficient to fulfill the needs of special needs cruisers. I don't think they'd build a new ship with over 1,800 cabins and decide on 35 accessible cabins arbitrarily.

That's 2%. About the same percentage as chair accessible lockers that you'll see in a public HS.

I just got off the phone with Carnival and spoke to them about needing a 3 person accessible room that had to have a couch because none of the three in the room could do the pullman and they put us in 10202. I'd suggest just call if you really want to go on the Horizon because the lady that I talked to was really helpful.

That's the same cabin I booked for Sept. 5, 2018. :)

That is the only one shown on the deck plans that sleeps 3 without the 3rd bed being a pullman. This is the one cabin OP was referring to.

• 11 months later...
I'm looking at the deck plans so I could find the locations of the accessible cabins. I was surprised at the low number and the occupancy.

It is not about finding a cabin on a specific cruise, it's about finding an accessible cabin for 3 on any Horizon cruise.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I am booked in a accessible cabin for 3 on the Horizon, it's cabin 10202. It has a sofa as the 3rd bed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here is a breakdown I just found on line on one of the deck plan sites.

FULLY ACCESSIBLE 15 cabins

Inside. 8227 (4F) 6342, 6340, 6338 (4E) 2507, 2505, 2491, 2476 (FA)

Inside Picture Window 10204 (4J)

Oceanview 11204 (6S)

Balcony 6207, 6208 (8A) 7402, 7407 (8C)

Suite 7378 (OS)

MODIFIED ACCESSIBLE 27 cabins

Inside 11207, 11208 (4S) 10231, 10210, 10209, 9342, 9341 (4H) 9204, 8334 (4G) 7339, 7336 (4F)

6336, 6334, 6332, 6330, 6328 (4E)

Inside Picture Window 7207, 7208, 9202, 9203, 10201, 10202 (4J)

Oceanview 2477, 2485 (FE) 11201, 11202, 11203 (GS)

I generally like to book online, but when I can't find what I'm looking for, calling really can make a difference. The online deck plans are helpful for general planning, but not always accurate in showing what's actually available.