Pics of 4 person interior or balcony rooms? (Esp Dream) First time sailing as family!

mrssharpy

Hey all! My husband and I have sailed 7x with Carnival, though it's been a multiple years, as we have had 2 boys. We are looking to book a cruise summer 18 (possibly on the Dream), and I can't seem to find any pics of what the rooms look like for 4 people. Our boys will be 5 and 1 (nearly 2) at that point. Carnival seems to just have the typical rooms on their webpage. Can anyone help me out??

Thanks!

Susanna

Well, the cabins look differently based on whether they are interior, ocean view, family cabins, etc. You did not specify which type of cabin you were looking at, so it would be difficult to comment on how "it" looks, :confused:

As many will tell you, it is tight quarters with 4 in any cabin.

Some food for thought when traveling with children, especially young ones:

1) if getting only one room, a balcony is a "must;" when it is nap time, or bedtime, the little ones can go down and mom and dad can still enjoy the ocean and some adult time.

2) two cabins is preferred; they do offer adjoining ones since your kids are little. Also with two cabins, while not as nice as having the balcony, at least mom and dad can have the tv on, read etc while little ones are sleeping.

3) if you hold out until your youngest is 2, your vacation will be MUCH easier as camp is available. You will find tons of threads but they deal with diapers, potty training etc. so no worries there. That way the kids get tons of play time, as well as family time and mom and dad aren't "on" 24/7.

4) eat in the MDR whenever possible. Start now with little ones learning to eat out without getting restless. Pick early fixed dining so you have the same wait staff each night. Also kids are usually hungry by 6 so this works out. As your wait staff to have their favorite beverage and a fruit plate ready when you arrive - keeps the filling up on bread to a minimum. Have them eat their main course while you have your appetizer, their dessert while you have dinner, and then, it should time out to be about 7 pm, have one parent walk them to camp while the other orders dessert, coffee etc. Then mom and dad have the evening to enjoy adult activities.

These are some of the tricks that many of us have employed over the years and as a result have found that cruising makes for the most fun and relaxing of all family vacations.

We've done interior cabins and balcony cabins, also with 2 little ones. Interior is a little tight, but totally doable. If you absolutely must have a view, balconies can't be beat.

Do the interior room now -- when your kids are 8 and 6 as ours are now, you need the bit of extra space a balcony affords. You could also try to snag adjoining interior rooms. It might cost just a bit more, and that could be worth it. Worst case: we've done it, it's worth it, you're still going to have a great time because the majority of your day is not spent in the room.

Take advantage of Kids' Camp. Register them the first day and gently "encourage" them to go at least after dinner each night.

4) eat in the MDR whenever possible. Start now with little ones learning to eat out without getting restless. Pick early fixed dining so you have the same wait staff each night. Also kids are usually hungry by 6 so this works out. As your wait staff to have their favorite beverage and a fruit plate ready when you arrive - keeps the filling up on bread to a minimum. Have them eat their main course while you have your appetizer, their dessert while you have dinner, and then, it should time out to be about 7 pm, have one parent walk them to camp while the other orders dessert, coffee etc. Then mom and dad have the evening to enjoy adult activities.

We've traveled lots with kids so I have to disagree with this.

Kids can eat in the camp at 6, save the MDR for a nice adult dinner.

As for the cabin, you didn't specify your kids ages (or cabin type) so it's really hard to help you out.

We've found suites or 2 connecting rooms to be best, but it's really a personal preference.

Look into a deluxe ocean view on the dream. Category 6n. We always cruise with two kids and do well in one room..I would have to say that cruising with kids under 8 or so can be very stressful but can be done. If youve got the money book two interiors. Put one adukt in each cabin if only one of you wants to pay for cheers. You'll love the dream. Huge ship with lots to do.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

As many will tell you, it is tight quarters with 4 in any cabin.

Some food for thought when traveling with children, especially young ones:

1) if getting only one room, a balcony is a "must;" when it is nap time, or bedtime, the little ones can go down and mom and dad can still enjoy the ocean and some adult time.

2) two cabins is preferred; they do offer adjoining ones since your kids are little. Also with two cabins, while not as nice as having the balcony, at least mom and dad can have the tv on, read etc while little ones are sleeping.

3) if you hold out until your youngest is 2, your vacation will be MUCH easier as camp is available. You will find tons of threads but they deal with diapers, potty training etc. so no worries there. That way the kids get tons of play time, as well as family time and mom and dad aren't "on" 24/7.

These are some of the tricks that many of us have employed over the years and as a result have found that cruising makes for the most fun and relaxing of all family vacations.

You forgot to add that the price of two 2-person cabins is usually about the same (say within $100) as one 4-person cabin. These kids are too young, but with a bit older kids the perfect setup is one balcony and the interior cabin directly across the hallway.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey all! My husband and I have sailed 7x with Carnival, though it's been a multiple years, as we have had 2 boys. We are looking to book a cruise summer 18 (possibly on the Dream), and I can't seem to find any pics of what the rooms look like for 4 people. Our boys will be 5 and 1 (nearly 2) at that point. Carnival seems to just have the typical rooms on their webpage. Can anyone help me out??

Thanks!

Susanna

Try cruisedeckplans.com. There are pictures and descriptions room offered on the different cruise lines.

I must live in a smaller house than most because I feel like both the ocean view and the balcony rooms aren't cramped with four people. My girls are older so they take up more space now, and we still feel completely fine with all of us in the same room. The cove balconies on the Dream are only slightly more money than an ocean view, so I would definitely recommend that!