Wonderland

Wonderland is an upscale specialty restaurant designed for adults not for children although children are welcome.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/anthemoftheseas/dining/restaurants/wonderland/

I would think that only children that are very adventurous eaters would like Wonderland. I watched "Chopped Junior", so I know they are out there! :)

Absolutely true. I think that the OP is somehow misinterpreting the name of the restaurant.

It is very much an adult experience. Very few children would be happy there.

The menu items are quite adventurous, to put it mildly. And it is a looooong dining experience. I wouldn't want to rush it. You are paying a pretty big amount of money, and you should completely enjoy it.

Send the kids to Adventure Ocean that night.

My kids are adventurist eaters. They where 10 and 12 on Quantum when we went and they loved it, absolutely loved it.

I am the picky eater and I didn't enjoy it that much. Desert was wonderful but most of it just lead to a tummy ache. They have asked to go back just the 2 of them next year on Anthem but we said sorry no. Trust me they don't do a lot of things together except maybe Pokémon Go.

Its a long dinner but its also very engaging the server explains every thing your eating and how it was prepared. Its cool to see food as art not just nourishment.

Basically only you can know if your kids would like it or not. It is a lot of different items but just a few bites of each.

We will be on the Harmony next year and would like to eat in Wonderland for our anniversary.;) Does anyone know how much the extra charge might be, or if they may possibly offer a discount on the day of boarding, as we have experienced on other ships?:rolleyes: Last I heard, Giovanni's was $25pp and Chops was $30pp, and both offered discounts on boarding day, so what about Wonderland?

My wife and I tried it when on Quantum last year and the first 2 or 3 courses were horrible and clearly we had chosen the wrong restaurant. I have to say that the level of service was excellent, it was just a case of us going to the wrong restaurant and just too fancy for us. We seriously thought about leaving when the waiter alerted the manager and he came over to enquire what was wrong. I explained that it was our issue and most definitely not the staff or the quality of the food. It was just that we had made poor choices and what we had chosen was not to our liking. However we agreed to stay for the main course which he served us personally and it was fantastic.

We both agreed that it saved the day.

This restaurant is not for everyone’s liking and we would not go back but it is most definitely a “different” restaurant and an experience.

I guess it is one that you have to try for yourself.

Edited by ronpes

My wife and I tried it when on Quantum last year and the first 2 or 3 courses were horrible and clearly we had chosen the wrong restaurant. I have to say that the level of service was excellent, it was just a case of us going to the wrong restaurant and just too fancy for us. We seriously thought about leaving when the waiter alerted the manager and he came over to enquire what was wrong. I explained that it was our issue and most definitely not the staff or the quality of the food. It was just that we had made poor choices and what we had chosen was not to our liking. However we agreed to stay for the main course which he served us personally and it was fantastic.

We both agreed that it saved the day.

This restaurant is not for everyone’s liking and we would not go back but it is most definitely a “different” restaurant and an experience.

I guess it is one that you have to try for yourself.

Thats how I felt last year when we were there, but my wife was loving it, when the 2 entrees came out, it did change everything and I ate the one almost all by myself.

We will be on the Harmony next year and would like to eat in Wonderland for our anniversary.;) Does anyone know how much the extra charge might be, or if they may possibly offer a discount on the day of boarding, as we have experienced on other ships?:rolleyes: Last I heard, Giovanni's was $25pp and Chops was $30pp, and both offered discounts on boarding day, so what about Wonderland?

jamies italian is $30, chops is $39, and wonderland is $49 on Harmony acording to my cruise planner.

Best cruise ship restaurant ever - at least for us. And I'm not adventurous. But Merion Mom convinced me and I'm glad she did.

But yeah I could see a number of children going "eww".

Sal - Wonderland tends to sell out so not sure there will be discounts the first night. But I think Tom would like it. Especially the main courses.

thanks for all the info.

I was getting it mixed up with Dreamworld, which is mainly for children.

You are still confused. You are thinking of Dreamworks, which is not a place but a company.

Ships that "have Dreamworks" have costumed characters walking around the ship, from Dreamworks movies. There are Dreamworks-themed parades and a breakfast in the MDR.

:)

We have reservations for Wonderland on Anthem in September and I'd love to know which dishes people liked and which ones not so much. I know food is subjective, but would love peoples opinions.

We've eaten at Wonderland quite a few times now both on Quantum and Anthem so we just tell our server exactly what we desire:

Crab cones----we usually ask for a second serving

Beets in sriacha yogurt

Tempura kim chee (cabbage) leaves

Liquid lobster----we usually ask for a second serving

Truffle egg in the shell

Spicy tuna that is served in a lime

DH also likes the liquid olive and duck liver fritter

Entree-- we order a Branzino for each of us. If we are eating there with friends we also order the Terrior Beef, which is huge.

You will not leave hungry at all.

Have not tried any of their desserts but hear they are delicious.

Best culinary experience we had on Anthem in April. Just loved it. The menu, preparation and presentation of the food were very creative and some dishes were exquisite.

Going back in September and hopefully will have the same experience.