Transportation from FL to Port of Miami

Sergio11

Hello,

Does anyone know the fastest and cheapest way to get from Fort Lauderdale airport to the Port of Miami ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

QLS transportation, they are very good and reliable.15pp

Edited by riclop

I'll second the Uber recommendation. We saved a ton going back and forth between FLL and MIA earlier this year. My GF was nervous but felt at ease after the first ride-- even mentioned the cars we got were a lot nicer than cabs.

I researched this as we are doing the same. Uber does not look like the most affordable option. Jiffy Jeff Transportation was recommended to me. I liked his website better than SAS (more professional) so I went with him.

Only one I had used was SAS and I had no problem with them. Coming home, they picking up from several cruise ships so we had to wait about 15 minutes and drop a couple off at a hotel on the way but it was no biggie.

According to their website they do not service Miami International Airport. Have I misread?:):)

SAS and many other FLL area shuttles services often suggested on this board are not licensed (or choose not to do business) at the MIA airport. Their primary focus is on transporting passengers between the FLL area and the Port of Miami (POM).

Where are you trying to go from the MIA airport? :confused: A taxi to POM from MIA is a flat rate fare of $27 for the cab - a great deal if there are 2-3-4 travelling together (van/SUV cabs are the same fare). A taxi from MIA to the FLL area or Port Everglades will run about $75-80+, depending upon hotel location - Uber should be under $50.

When viewing the websites of most of the shuttle services listed here, it looks like they only pick up at the top of the hour. Is that true? Our flight arrives at FLL at 8:25 AM. Not sure if we'll be able to get our luggage and walk to the shuttle stop before 9:00 AM? There are 7 of us so we would be unable to use Uber/Lyft. We've used Miami Port Express the last couple times and loved them but they raised their prices from $12 to $19.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

When viewing the websites of most of the shuttle services listed here, it looks like they only pick up at the top of the hour. Is that true? Our flight arrives at FLL at 8:25 AM. Not sure if we'll be able to get our luggage and walk to the shuttle stop before 9:00 AM? There are 7 of us so we would be unable to use Uber/Lyft. We've used Miami Port Express the last couple times and loved them but they raised their prices from $12 to $19.

Sure you could use Uber or Lyft - just might need a couple of them.

When we cruise with this many family members we opt to book the shuttle as private not a shared...so it's on our timeframe.

totally agree about SAS. Steve is wonderful as is his staff. they're affordable, and efficient.

'Morning! Where is the SAS pickup location at FLL? Can one ride without making a reservation in advance (i.e. book curb side)? Thanks...

Another question: how to get from Fort Lauderdale airport to Miami airport? Can you use uber and or how much is a taxi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last time I did Miami airport to FLL area hotel it was 80.00 for taxi. That was 2 years ago.

Go airport shuttle? Is 15.00 per person.

Google FLL to MIA transportation and it gives you multiple options.

Another question: how to get from Fort Lauderdale airport to Miami airport? Can you use uber and or how much is a taxi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have options - you can shuttle for free from FLL to the Tri-Rail station and ride the train for under $5 to MIA

You can taxi for about $80 or Uber for under $50 (unless surge pricing is in effect)

You can use a shared shuttle, but most of the popular ones are not licensed for MIA; check with Super Shuttle, American Shuttle and Go Airport - about $30+ per passenger the last time I checked.

Private car and limo service for not much more than cab fare is another option; if you have the time a one-way car rental can be a money saving option.