Lido Buffet area -how late do they stay open?

lasekeye

Carnival Legend

I know the ice cream and pizza are 24 hours, but what about the rest of the offerings?

Planning ahead for our September cruise, and thinking if my Diabetic Hubby has a late evening or middle of the night low sugar issue, I may not have time to wait for pizza. I will keep a bottle of OJ (empty bottle from home) in our fridge, plus we will bring some of his emerg pre-packaged rice crispy squares, but I will need to get some regular food (protein & carb) ASAP as well.

Thanks in advance for your input.

You won't be able to bring bottles of juice onboard. It would have to be in cans or cartons.

Think the OPs idea is to keep OJ from the Lido in the cabin using her empty bottle from home.

Glucose tablets would be a good choice to keep handy if he does not carry already.

Room service has some great choices if he can wait 30 minutes using other means (tablets, and bars)

Think the OPs idea is to keep OJ from the Lido in the cabin using her empty bottle from home.

Glucose tablets would be a good choice to keep handy if he does not carry already.

Room service has some great choices if he can wait 30 minutes using other means (tablets, and bars)

That seems unsanitary

Will Carnival allow that? I would just carry on cans or cartons of juice. Carnival juice isn't that great anyway

That seems unsanitary

Will Carnival allow that? I would just carry on cans or cartons of juice. Carnival juice isn't that great anyway

You put the OJ in a plastic/glass cup that has been washed, pour the OJ into the plastic bottle. Then you put/give the plastic cup/glass to a worker or put in a bus tub.

Yes some people might not use common sense but that's another issue.

You can take anything from the Lido you want and store it in the fridge...yogurt, meats, cheeses. I would also carry some protein bars to get that balance you are looking for. The OJ should work great for that instant pick-me-up.

You can take anything from the Lido you want and store it in the fridge...yogurt, meats, cheeses. I would also carry some protein bars to get that balance you are looking for. The OJ should work great for that instant pick-me-up.

Many of the fridges are not food safe, the stay above 40F.

You won't be able to bring bottles of juice onboard. It would have to be in cans or cartons.
Threadstarter said they would bring an EMPTY bottle, presumably to fill from the dispensers on lido.

Hint: Leaving the cabinet door open helps the in-room refrigerator maintain temperature.

This was with the door open.

The newer fridges do seem to be colder than the older ones. But they're only changed out when it breaks down.

In general

Dinner buffet ends at 9, deli closes at 11, late night snack is usually 11:30p-1a

On conquest last month I never saw late night snack like I have on other ships. Did I somehow miss it?? It was never on the hub app....

I buy the little packs of peanut butter in single serve containers. Would be good on some crackers. I think they come in packages of 8 ready to use single serve. Regular or chunky. Brand I buy is Jiff to Go. No refrigeration needed until you open individual container. I buy them at Winco and there is almost always a coupon for a dollar off when you buy two.

Which has always puzzled me since the fridges on Princess stay ice cold. What is the point of a fridge that does not stay cool?
Perhaps just as a wine chiller?

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

On conquest last month I never saw late night snack like I have on other ships. Did I somehow miss it?? It was never on the hub app....

For the most part, they have been eliminated across the fleet.

For the most part, they have been eliminated across the fleet.

The late night buffet is still on the West Coast ships, as recently as December, Match and May. Will see what happens on the Miracle next week.

The late night buffet is still on the West Coast ships, as recently as December, Match and May. Will see what happens on the Miracle next week.

I guess this makes sense as it is earlier on th west coast than the remainder of the country. If your from the east coast, and having dinner at 8pm pacific time, that's 5 pm to your stomach. ... I'd.... I missed the late snack. Fruit and cookies? Something small.....

Edited by cthrn27
Typo

I guess this makes sense as it is earlier on th west coast than the remainder of the country. If your from the east coast, and having dinner at 8pm pacific time, that's 5 pm to your stomach. ... I'd.... I missed the late snack. Fruit and cookies? Something small.....

8pm Pacific is 11pm Eastern. ;)

You can go to the Lido, even after it is closed, and ask one of the workers to get you something. Obviously, they are not going to cook anything, but if you need a banana, or some yogurt, or cheese, milk, fruit, etc they will get it for you. My wife sometimes has stomach problems and we've done that many times.

You might want to look at the Extend Bars (from Extend Nutrition). The chocolate peanut butter bar is 11gr protein and 5gr carb and 1gr net carb and is 150 cal. The crisps are similar so I take both with me, they always level me out.