Question about cabin amenities on Carnival

flamomo

I am an experienced cruiser with 20+ cruises in my past, all on Princess, but am joining family members on a 4 day cruise on the Paradise soon.

Could someone please tell me what, if any, cabin amenities are provided, such as toiletries, hair dryer, etc in cabins on Carnival, and are they the same for all categories (except possibly suites)?

Thanks

There are shampoo/shower gel pumps in each shower.

The amount/type of toiletries samples you get varies from ship to ship and voyage to voyage. Typical things include toothpaste, salon shampoo, snore strips, razor gel, razor blades but you could get something different.

All staterooms have towelling robes and a phone,safe,television and bottled water ( water is at a charge). As far as I am aware the fact Paradise is a smaller and older ship means that only suites have hairdryers and mini fridges. I am sure a room steward will bring you a hairdryer if asked and they can also provide you with a filled ice bucket.

Edited by Velvetwater

There are shampoo/shower gel pumps in each shower.

The amount/type of toiletries samples you get varies from ship to ship and voyage to voyage. Typical things include toothpaste, salon shampoo, snore strips, razor gel, razor blades but you could get something different.

All staterooms have towelling robes and a phone,safe,television and bottled water ( water is at a charge). As far as I am aware the fact Paradise is a smaller and older ship means that only suites have hairdryers and mini fridges. I am sure a room steward will bring you a hairdryer if asked and they can also provide you with a filled ice bucket.

I believe all cabins have a hair dryer, not just the suites. However, I've seen comments on here that the blow dryers aren't the greatest, and many prefer to bring their own.

I wouldn't wear those bathrobes. They don't clean them between cruises. Too many stories of people who put these robes on and stick their hands in the pockets, only to find a Sail and Sign receipt from a few cruises back or some other personal item. There was a pretty sick story of someone who grabbed the robe from the hanger and found a "skid mark" on the interior part of it! :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Thank you to both of you.

No cabin fridge to keep cold water and beverages in? ..... Gee! That's not cool! (No pun intended. LOL)

The "fridges" are nothing to write home about on the ships that do have them. Took a full day (24 hours+) to get a couple of sodas cold (and even then, they weren't real cold). You're better off with ice anyway.

There was a pretty sick story of someone who grabbed the robe from the hanger and found a "skid mark" on the interior part of it! :eek:

:eek::eek::eek: I knew there was a reason why I was never inclined to wear them!!!

I believe all cabins have a hair dryer, not just the suites. However, I've seen comments on here that the blow dryers aren't the greatest, and many prefer to bring their own.

Only suites in the Fantasy Class ships have blow dryers. The room stewards have some available for the other cabins.

Hi Flamomo :)

I just wanted to drop you a helpful link for additional reading in regard

to the Paradise.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/paradise/paradise.ashx

Have a wonderful voyage!

:)

Thank you for a great link. It seems to have more descriptive information than what I could find about the ship on the regular Carnival website. LOL

Thank you for a great link. It seems to have more descriptive information than what I could find about the ship on the regular Carnival website. LOL

Do you have this link for Pride? I stopped selling cruises several years ago, and my login credentials no longer work.

Do you have this link for Pride? I stopped selling cruises several years ago, and my login credentials no longer work.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/pride/pride.ashx

I substituted Pride for Paradise. Found out that much on the goccl is accessible without credentials.

The pump shower soap(body wash) and shampoo are nothing to wright home about. The cheapes stuff you can buy. Like no name on them. I would bring stuff from home if you can. Or buy shampoo before you leave on the cruise

I wouldn't wear those bathrobes. They don't clean them between cruises. Too many stories of people who put these robes on and stick their hands in the pockets, only to find a Sail and Sign receipt from a few cruises back or some other personal item. There was a pretty sick story of someone who grabbed the robe from the hanger and found a "skid mark" on the interior part of it! :eek:

Really?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Highly unlikely.

We wear them all the time, and they're always clean and free of "skid" marks.

I would imagine if what you are saying, is true, we'd see a lot more complaints on here.

Sounds like you had a crappy, lazy steward.

Really?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Highly unlikely.

We wear them all the time, and they're always clean and free of "skid" marks.

I would imagine if what you are saying, is true, we'd see a lot more complaints on here.

I second this

On my cruise I accidentally got lipstick on my robe and left it on the bed to see if I could get it out later with my travel stick. When in returned to my stateroom there was a fresh robe folded and in its place.

Really?:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Didn't happen to me. Just relaying what I've read here before. Maybe it's an exception and not the norm when bathrobes don't get swapped between sailings, but I wouldn't call it "highly unlikely". I travel for a living, and I've lost count of the times that housekeeping has failed to thoroughly clean or replace an item that "looks" clean or unused.

Thank you to both of you.

No cabin fridge to keep cold water and beverages in? ..... Gee! That's not cool! (No pun intended. LOL)

Are you saying every cabin on Princess has a fridge?

Bring travel sizes of shampoos etc. that are your favorite.

You are going on a great "small" ship. It may not have all the bells and whistles of the larger ships, but has all you need for a good time. That class of ship has proven to be my favorite for a getaway time. Enjoy your CD Steve Cassel, the fiddle player.

The "fridges" are nothing to write home about on the ships that do have them. Took a full day (24 hours+) to get a couple of sodas cold (and even then, they weren't real cold). You're better off with ice anyway.

The refrigerators are chillers. If you want to keep something really cold bring a collapsible cooler and fill it on lido or ask the room steward to do it when he makes his rounds.

Are you saying every cabin on Princess has a fridge? YES! In all cabin categories. That's why I was surprised that there won't be one on the Paradise.

It's all in what one gets used to, you know. :p

Bring travel sizes of shampoos etc. that are your favorite.

I was plannng to, so there won't be any surprises in that respect.

You are going on a great "small" ship. It may not have all the bells and whistles of the larger ships, but has all you need for a good time. That class of ship has proven to be my favorite for a getaway time. Enjoy your CD Steve Cassel, the fiddle player.

Thanks for putting a positive spin on things. I do like smaller ships, and I'm easy going and a non-demanding passenger, so I'm sure I will have a great time.

Don't expect cabin fridges on Carnival ships built before 2000. When we sailed the Triumph (just before the cruise from H3LL that made the news) we were disappointed there was no fridge in our cabin.