Labadee Cabanas,Barefoot Beach For Suite Guests Only

cruisin-Trish

Just got back yesterday from Independence. The area is for suite guests only and, according to the guys standing outside, also for anyone willing to pay for a cabana. The over the water ones were $250, the hilltop ones were $175 and the others were $150. Here's a picture of the area from the ship...

cabanas.jpg

Barefoot Beach is Suite Guests Only. Cabanas rent for around $150 per day and they are great. They are available first to suite guests then down the pecking order I believe, D+, D, P, etc.

Did they allow JS guests into Barefoot Beach?

Just got back yesterday from Independence. The area is for suite guests only and, according to the guys standing outside, also for anyone willing to pay for a cabana. The over the water ones were $250, the hilltop ones were $175 and the others were $150. Here's a picture of the area from the ship...

cabanas.jpg

We just got back yesterday from the Indy, and I went over to Barefoot Beach to check out what was available. Diamond Plus were allowed to rent one of the cabanas for $150 for the day. The guide did not specify any difference in location, but maybe they only had the $150 ones left.

I don't know, 20 cabanas and 3500 people more or less on these ships? Seems inadequate even for a shore excursion. Is this the best use of manpower/real estate?

I am still wondering why these are desirable? Anyone have any comments?

We stayed in the far left one (as you look at the pic) over the water before it was Suite Guests only! It was wonderful, however at that time we didn't get any service - we still had to go get our drinks and everything.

I don't know if I'd pay $250 for that though, since we left at noon to get back on the ship, so we only used it about 3 hours.

Actually according to the Concierge on Ex, they are ONLY for suite guests...he was going to sell one to someone else and was told no...(not sure by whom, but that's what he told me.)

they are nice..we didn't use one, but most of them were rented last week. there isn't a space to change in the cabana, maybe nearby. they are more like little huts with 2 comfy looking lounge chairs on the "porch" and a u-shaped couch thing under the roof.

i have a video (link below..) it's a little shaky...i guess i was trying to get too much on video too fast and i wasn't paying attention, but take a look!

BTW they come with soda and bottled water...and better food. shrimp, steak and/or prime rib, fruit, and i presume the burgers, ribs, hot dogs and chix offered to everyone else.

Edited by megr1125

I don't know, 20 cabanas and 3500 people more or less on these ships? Seems inadequate even for a shore excursion. Is this the best use of manpower/real estate?

I am still wondering why these are desirable? Anyone have any comments?

The beach is beautiful with a secluded area, lots of shade, and a private bar and buffet lunch. The cabanas are very nice if you like that sort of beach experience.

Edited by pcur

IMHO...I wish RCCL would have not designated any beach as private use only for suite guests (and I am a suite cruiser)..It really wasn't necessary...again IMHO....to make any "beach" area more elite than another..As far as the Cabanas go let them be on a first come basis or purchased in advance like an excursion to ANYONE....I think this is going to create more problems than they are worth..They either should have built more or none at all...On our previous visits to Labadee it was great just like it was...everyone was treated the same....the only difference was the spot on the beach where your lounge chair happened to be sitting..

So there is not room to change your clothes? :confused:

I can see the appeal of better food, for sure. And water and soda, but I buy soda cards so not really a benefit.

This would probably appeal to someone who wants to lounge and just look out at the scenery and have dedicated shade/water/shrimp. I think that is expensive for what you get but someone else I'm sure would love it.

They should label this excursion 'Shrimpshack Experience.'

Thanks for the link and your video of the royal family suite. It's a great preview for my family :)

Actually according to the Concierge on Ex, they are ONLY for suite guests...he was going to sell one to someone else and was told no...(not sure by whom, but that's what he told me.)

they are nice..we didn't use one, but most of them were rented last week. there isn't a space to change in the cabana, maybe nearby. they are more like little huts with 2 comfy looking lounge chairs on the "porch" and a u-shaped couch thing under the roof.

i have a video (link below..) it's a little shaky...i guess i was trying to get too much on video too fast and i wasn't paying attention, but take a look!

BTW they come with soda and bottled water...and better food. shrimp, steak and/or prime rib, fruit, and i presume the burgers, ribs, hot dogs and chix offered to everyone else.

Thanks for the video. They are nice enough but I cannot begin to imagine anyone paying $150-250 to use one of them for a few hours. :eek:

Thanks for the link and your video of the royal family suite. It's a great preview for my family :)

you're welcome!;)

that was a cool cabin.....too much space for 2, but heck, when you book a JS guarantee and get assigned that cabin, i would not argue!:D