Coconut Beach Club

allentownahoy

Does anyone know how much of a drop off there is at the beach. Is it hard to climb back out? If it was not for a wonderful local young man at Valley Church Beach I would still be bouncing around in the water. I am planning to visit Coconut Beach next month but want to be sure I can manage it. Thanks

I know you already got your answer, but just wanted to add another strong recommendation. This was our favorite beach day. A very relaxing place.

We actually went here the summer 2 months after my wife had surgery on her hip, and she was able to enjoy the ocean with no issues.

sorry- I'm going to tag onto your post :)

1) How do you book this? I went through their website and couldn't find it :(

2) Do they allow children? (2 year olds?)

Thanks!

Ally,

I emailed them. The contact info is at the bottom of the response below, along with the phone number. Also, if you go to their website, there is a form in the Contact Us section where you can put your date, ship, and question about age. There were definitely kids there. I don't recall seeing a child as young as 2, but I doubt that is a problem.

Here is the response we got back.

- We provide a day pass at a cost of US$ 45.00 per person beginning at 10:00 am. This price includes Buffet Lunch, all alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks at the bar by the glass during the day, use of the pool, beach, beach loungers, tennis facilities, all local taxes and gratuities.

- Taxi cost from the ship pier to the hotel is US$ 15.00 for 1-4 persons sharing and US$ 4.00 per person after 4. Transfer time is roughly 15 minutes.

- It would be no problem arranging a return taxi in the afternoon to take you Back to the pier. Once you have decided what time you would like the taxi, advise the receptionist and they will make the arrangements.

- If you do choose Coconut Beach Club to spend your day in Antigua, you should advise us beforehand of your stay date and the final number of persons in your party. Upon arrival at the resort you will just come to the front desk and pay the day pass fee.

Delvanice Williams

Coconut Beach Club

Yepton Estate P O Box 1427

St John's Antigua West Indies

Toll free: 1 877 385 6517 (USA & Canada Only)

Tel: (268) 462-3239 Fax: (268) 462-3240

E-mail: reservations@coconutbeachclub.com

Edited by Domino D

• 1 month later...

It was $50 in January. I recommend it. We had a great day. The food and drink were very good. The cocktails were especially good. Try the coconut rum ones. :D There is a deck level pool and very comfy loungers overlooking the beach, with some loungers also on the beach.

Edited by caber

We did a day here on 26 November, off the Seabourn Legend. Big mistake. The beach is OK, nothing special and has some ugly buildings overlooking it, rather like a barracks. The pool is OK, quite clean and pretty. The wine at the lunch was Chilean, drinkable, and generously served.

Now the bad news - this resort is seriously run down. The main accommodation block looks almost dilapidated. The gardens are unkempt. The beach chairs are filthy, especially the big ones up by the bar. The food was extremely basic and the restaurant area quite grotty. Down-market crowd.

We didn't like this place at all and felt rather ripped-off for $50 each.

Now the bad news - this resort is seriously run down. The main accommodation block looks almost dilapidated. The gardens are unkempt. The beach chairs are filthy, especially the big ones up by the bar. The food was extremely basic and the restaurant area quite grotty... We didn't like this place at all and felt rather ripped-off for $50 each.

You know Hurricane Gonzalo hit them recently, right? They were still cleaning up when we arrived in early November. The clean up is a big job.

Anyway, sorry you did not like it but we felt it was fine for $50 per person. The drinks are unlimited, which is not something you can say for other resorts and beach clubs in the Caribbean. The buffet lunch was very basic, yes - but it was certainly edible and we didn't complain.

There was one vendor near the beach access - a sweetheart who was selling her jewelry, to which I said no at first. When I decided I would go give her items a glance, she had gone! I guess she left around noon. :)

It was a nice, relaxing beach day, which is what we were looking for.

You know Hurricane Gonzalo hit them recently, right? They were still cleaning up when we arrived in early November. The clean up is a big job.

Anyway, sorry you did not like it but we felt it was fine for $50 per person. The drinks are unlimited, which is not something you can say for other resorts and beach clubs in the Caribbean. The buffet lunch was very basic, yes - but it was certainly edible and we didn't complain.

There was one vendor near the beach access - a sweetheart who was selling her jewelry, to which I said no at first. When I decided I would go give her items a glance, she had gone! I guess she left around noon. :)

It was a nice, relaxing beach day, which is what we were looking for.

Karen- Would have written almost identical review, then I noticed we were on the ExOTS so must have been there the same day.!!:D Thought it was a relaxing beach day and would def go back again. Thought the lunch was good, liked eating outside and we got plenty of drinks. I was looking for the quiet vendor around noon to buy an ankle bracelet and she had gone!! Too funny!!:cool: They were also very prompt in emailing me back for reservation. I would be interested in seeing a better value for $50pp.:confused:

Karen- Would have written almost identical review, then I noticed we were on the ExOTS so must have been there the same day.!!:D Thought it was a relaxing beach day and would def go back again. Thought the lunch was good, liked eating outside and we got plenty of drinks. I was looking for the quiet vendor around noon to buy an ankle bracelet and she had gone!! Too funny!!:cool: They were also very prompt in emailing me back for reservation. I would be interested in seeing a better value for $50pp.:confused:

Agree with everything you wrote. Glad you had a nice day too. :)

• 5 weeks later...

My daughter and I were at Coconut Beach Club in May and it was what we were looking for. If you want a relaxing beach day, with unlimited drinks, decent food, a nice view and free Wi-Fi (my daughter was happy :)), then this is your place. If you are looking for a 5-star resort with lots of water sports, activities and fine china for dining, then you won't be satisfied.

Edited by JT1962

old boy who can't sit still for more than 10 minutes at a time w/out becoming bored. We have excursions planned for most of the trip but I wanted a break (both financial and just in general) and Antigua seems like the place to relax a bit from the go-go-go of excursions.

old boy who can't sit still for more than 10 minutes at a time w/out becoming bored. We have excursions planned for most of the trip but I wanted a break (both financial and just in general) and Antigua seems like the place to relax a bit from the go-go-go of excursions.

No there really isn't anything to "do" there, sorry. Pretty sure he'll get bored.

Hey all, thanks for the information here. I have been scouring the internet for things to do in Antigua, and would like a day to relax, and from the photos, the beach looks stunning.

I've emailed the hotel, and now starts the business of convincing my wife and parents that this would be a good way to spend the day.

I've got St Thomas / St Kitts / Dominica and now Antigua planned.... off to the Martinique boards!

I have emailed the resort twice with no response I tried to call the toll free number, but the call wouldn't go through.

We will be in Antigua on the Breeze next week. For those who've been - do you think the two of us would be okay to just show up? We are suppose to be the only ship in port. Thanks for any insight.