Kids first cruise will mini suite be big enough

Roofa67

Looking for some advise.we are taking a cruise out of New York in August but this time we are taking the kids we have a mini suite on deck 11 and I'm just trying to find out if there's enough room for 4 people in the mini suite any advise would be greatly appreciated thx

Looking for some advise.we are taking a cruise out of New York in August but this time we are taking the kids we have a mini suite on deck 11 and I'm just trying to find out if there's enough room for 4 people in the mini suite any advise would be greatly appreciated thx

There's really no way to answer that. How old are your kids? How much stuff do you guys pack? We cruise with our DS who is a month away from 13. We've done 11 cruises with him - all in an inside. Is it perfect? Ideal? No, but it's worked out just fine. So, it's really hard to say whether or not it will or won't be enough for your family.

A mini suite on what cruise line? Not all suites are created equal. But generally speaking, with kids that old, you will be quite crowded, not to mention the whole bathroom issue. In a lot of mini suites, the only extra sleeping area is a Queen size pull out sofa bed, and if your kids are bigger in size, it won't be comfortable.

No way will this work, unless your kids are the same gender, and are smaller in stature. Book a Balcony for you and an inside across the hall for them. Two bathrooms is priceless!!!!!! Unless you and your spouse want to share the sofa bed and let your kids have the main bed (which I think can be split into twins....)

My parents, my sister, and I all shared a mini suite on the Norwegian Star last December and we were fine. The bathroom was a little bit of an issue, but other than that we weren't in the room long enough to feel too crowded. My sister and I shared the pull out sofa bed and had plenty of room. We're larger girls and I'm 30 and she's 25. I don't know how other cruise lines work or if your kids are different sexes, but I would think you'll be ok.

Thanks for the responses I think the wife and I will take the pull out and let the kids one boy and one girl take the two singles we will be cruising on the Norwegian gem out of New York in August right before they go back to school

This depends on your opinion of "enough room". We sailed many, many times with 4 in an inside room when my kids were younger. When they hit their teens (and grew to enormous lengths:D) we switched to booking 2 rooms.

Depends on how much time you'll spend in the JS. On Royal, they're Junior Suites. I'd also check on a balcony + inside stateroom across the hallway. That way, you have your privacy, and your kids can join you in the morning for coffee on the balcony. Maybe. There are only two chairs on the balcony in a JS.

One toilet for four people often isn't a good fit.

Edited by knittinggirl

I'd go along with the balcony and inside option. A mini suite on those cruises average $1000 per person (for 4), so the 4 of you would be $4000. A balcony for two would be about $2400, and an inside for two would be about $1600. Even if it was about $200 more for the two rooms, the second bath would be worth it, especially with teens.:eek:

Edited by chengkp75

Thanks for the responses I think the wife and I will take the pull out and let the kids one boy and one girl take the two singles we will be cruising on the Norwegian gem out of New York in August right before they go back to school

Ask the first day for a foam topper (or two!) for the pull out.

We've cruised several times with our kids (2 sons, 1 daughter) from ages six 6 into late teens. Our experience is everyone will enjoy the cruise with seperate rooms.

Burt

Edited by Beachdude