RC email offer to upgrade from Balcony to Jr. Suite

corlett90

Hello: Can someone tell us what the advantage(s) are to a Jr. Suite. We are told due to the nominal price we won't receive double points for upgrading from a balcony. Thank you for your assistance.

Nicer laid out room, lots more space, bath in the bathroom, better toiletries, walk in closet on some ships etc.

Take a look at the description on Royals website to help you :)

The total cost for both DH and myself was $400. The Royal agent who helped me said that since I paid for the upgrade I would receive the double points. My booking invoice shows that it is a paid upgrade too. Not that the double points are going to make a big difference, I still have a looooong way to go from D to D+, but every little bit helps. And I get a larger stateroom too.

The total cost for both DH and myself was $400. The Royal agent who helped me said that since I paid for the upgrade I would receive the double points. My booking invoice shows that it is a paid upgrade too. Not that the double points are going to make a big difference, I still have a looooong way to go from D to D+, but every little bit helps. And I get a larger stateroom too.

Please report back on whether you get the extra points.

Edited by clarea

I understand Bob's concern and its worth noting for the future. If you get called an offered a free upgrade you use to get the double points, but they changed that to a NO. I did pay about that much to upgrade to a JS on a 4 day Majesty and did get the double points.

We DID NOT get the double points and we paid $700 to upgrade from a B2 to a JS on our recent 9/28 Allure cruise.

We DID NOT get the double points and we paid $700 to upgrade from a B2 to a JS on our recent 9/28 Allure cruise.

Call and ask. I just did that for 9/21 and 9/28 solos

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I thought as long as you pay something for the upgrade you get the points. Haven't had this problem / lucky opportunity yet but I would want the points if I paid extra to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Plenty of posters have mentioned not getting dbl points for a highly discounted upgrade. $400 seems point worthy to me though

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

C&A told me over the phone that if you get a free upgrade, no points. They said that ANY money placed on an upgrade entitles you to the double points. I would call C&A back to clarify.

I gotta be honest here, for $400 upgrade and no double points I personally wouldn't do it. On a 7 day cruise that's almost $60 per day for a bit more square footage; you aren't getting full suite amenities so you're just paying for the space. You could dine in specialty every evening for that money. Or book excursions in each port. Or just not spend it. For double points though a $400 upgrade could be good.

On hold now with C&A. Will post again when I find out what they say!

Spoke to C&A rep. & she sent an email request for the extra points to be added to our account. We were supposed to get the extra points. I guess you have to call if you do not receive them automatically.

I will post back again once they post to my account.

The JS IS REALLY worth the extra money IMHO. We loved it!!

or place to eat. We almost never order room service. Since I originally booked a CV (at around 749 pp) and "upgraded" at no charge to the D7 I felt the $400 total cost to change to the JS was well worth it. I was even able to choose the stateroom number from those still available. I wanted a JS to begin with, that's what we usually book anyway, but the cost at that time was not what I was willing to pay. I think I will get more than my money's worth even without all the "extra stuff". I also still have a (meager) on board credit from my original booking. Looking forward to my first cruise on Oasis! I will certainly come back (and look up this thread which will be way, way back in the list by then) to post if I get the double points or not. Really, as I said before, I have a long way to go to change from D to D+. We cruise Celebrity as well as Royal so we may never make it to D+.

Happy Cruising all!

I think you're a winner! We love staying in Junior suites! :cool: