Question about cabin

Valley Girl of VA

Just booked my first Princess cruise in about 15 years so I'm not familiar with this line. We have booked D510 - a mini-suite, o the Emerald.

How do I find out if the balcony is steel or glass?

Anyone know anything about this cabin?

Are refrigerators/chillers in the staterooms?

Thank you,

Jane

Just booked my first Princess cruise in about 15 years so I'm not familiar with this line. We have booked D510 - a mini-suite, o the Emerald.

If the balcony is steel, the description on the website will say "obstructed".

All the minis are very nice. No overhead shade on Dolphin deck, but there will be shade depending on time of day/direction of ship.

All cabins on Princess ships have mini-fridges. They won't freeze anything, but they'll keep it cool, maybe even cold.

Thank you,

Jane

See above

Thank you,

Jane

Fridge in room.

This balcony should not be steel but see through for the balcony.

We were in a mini-suite (D410) on Emerald in January and were amazed at how VERY cold our little fridge kept things ... so much colder than we had experienced in the past.

D510 is conveniently located close to the mid-ship elevator lobby.

You'll love the closet space! :)

Emerald is one of our very favorite ships -- ENJOY! :D

LuLu

On my last cruise (Feb of this year) my parent's were in that same exact cabin, while I was across the hall.

As others have said the balcony is glass, and there is a mini fridge. The fridge worked perfectly and kept things nice and cold.

Also some staterooms on the Emerald have a hard time with the AC, but that room did not have a problem as the AC worked perfectly.

Not steel! Glass rails. ;)

Small college type fridge. Cool but some are not too cold.

FYI....balcony is not covered!!!!

Didn't know that balcony is not covered - we may have to change staterooms. Hubby likes to sit on the balcony, in the shade and read. I'll have to ask TA. Thanks for letting me know

Jane

There are only a dozen mini-suites with fully covered balconies on the Grand class ships - all on Emerald deck in the 700 series of cabins. Those are our favorites but just be aware that even if you don't get sun from above, you still get it from other angles depending upon the level of the sun and the direction the ship is sailing. No balcony is always in the shade.

Edited by capriccio

Didn't know that balcony is not covered - we may have to change staterooms. Hubby likes to sit on the balcony, in the shade and read. I'll have to ask TA. Thanks for letting me know

Jane

Don't panic!

The uncovered mini-suite balconies are never in the full sun all day. It all has to do with the angle of the sun and in what direction it's hitting the ship.

Also, those side panels tend to provide shade on one side or the other of the balcony.

Edited by OCruisers

There are only a dozen mini-suites with fully covered balconies on the Grand class ships - all on Emerald deck in the 700 series of cabins. Those are our favorites but just be aware that even if you don't get sun from above, you still get it from other angles depending upon the level of the sun and the direction the ship is sailing. No balcony is always in the shade.

Per above ... No cabin (covered or not) is ALWAYS in the shade.

Jane

Your welcome.......

Mini's on Dolphin deck are uncovered.

There are 12 or so mini's on Emerald deck that are covered but they go fast.

If you get one of those have your booking marked "NO UPGRADE"!

CoCo Cruiser. How do I know which minis are covered. I like a mini and would prefer some shade ( realize nothing is going to give me all shade or protection from rain when we go to South America), I appreciate your help

Jane

There is a temperature dial/knob control inside the Fridge. If it is not cold enough, make sure the dial/knob is set all the way to cold.

Be careful, I set one of ours all the way one time and it almost froze my Diet Cokes in the back of the fridge. They also provide you a very nice insulated ice bucket.

How do I know which minis are covered.

Only the mini suites located aft on Emerald deck are covered. They are category ME, and there are still some available on your 14 Feb 18 sailing. They are cabin numbers E720 thru E731 on the deck plan:

http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=EP

They will most likely also be slightly cheaper than what you currently have booked as they are classed as the lead-in mini suite category. It can be quite a walk to the cabins all the way back there, but an upside is that there is very little passing traffic as there are only a few cabins beyond yours, making it generally a quiet location.

If hubby likes shade I would recommend booking one of these cabins asap. We also don't like sitting in the sun and will only book the Emerald deck minis for that reason.

Cheers

Ando

Edited by Ando

Please forgive all these questions. We have decided to leave the Dolphin deck and go, perhaps to Emerald for a covered balcony. Two questions - all these staterooms are connecting with the room next door. How much noise do you hear from a connecting room. Secondly, what about noise from the deck below which is Club Fusion. Don't want yo be up all night from a loud thumping from bass. Is this club only operating at night? Would I hear it if I was on my balcony?

Please forgive all these questions. We have decided to leave the Dolphin deck and go, perhaps to Emerald for a covered balcony. Two questions - all these staterooms are connecting with the room next door. How much noise do you hear from a connecting room. Secondly, what about noise from the deck below which is Club Fusion. Don't want yo be up all night from a loud thumping from bass. Is this club only operating at night? Would I hear it if I was on my balcony?

This question always reminds me of the woman who posted here some years ago complaining about the noise from Club Fusion and how mad she was that the CD wouldn't move the band to another location so she could sleep one night. :D I think she was in a full suite, though.

We've been in the last and next to last Emerald deck mini-suites on both the Emerald and Ruby (and will be on the Crown this winter) and have always brought ear plugs 'just in case' and never had to use them even when when we were right over the bandstand on the Emerald during a Baltics cruise. Club Fusion isn't the 'disco' (that would be Skywalkers) and usually stops before midnight.

I haven't been on the Emerald since they added the connecting doors but I haven't seen any complaints about them in this forum.