Sorry cannot find a recent thread—Hotel for pre-cruise stay in Barcelona for 2 nights

ken_nyc

We are going on the Harmony of the Seas June 26, 2016 and we will need a hotel for pre-cruise stay in Barcelona for 2 nights, do some sightseeing. What are the options to get to the port from the hotel? Thank you all in advance!!

Edited by ken_nyc

We are going on the Harmony of the Seas June 26, 2016 and we will need a hotel for pre-cruise stay in Barcelona for 2 nights, do some sightseeing. What are the options to get to the port from the hotel? Thank you all in advance!!

Be sure to also check the Spain Ports forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596

If you are looking for transfer service, I can recommend Pressicat Limo Tours. Great service!

Hotels? Well, it depends on your budget and preferences etc. IMHO, Eurostars Grand Marina is a good choice for pre-cruise stay..

Another good option is Pullman Barcelona Skipper.

We've enjoyed Hotel 1898 for two pre-cruise stays in Barcelona. Located on Las Ramblas with a Starbucks on the lower level! They have a wonderful 7th floor roof top pool deck for relaxing with a drink after a day of touring. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. It was a quick (10-15 min) cab ride to port for about USD $20-$25.)

You can take the metro to the Christopher Columbus statue (I think the stop was Drassanes)) walk across the road and there are buses that will take you to the port for 2e a piece.

Did this in Sept. If you want a decent price room you can stay at Opera Ramblas Hostal it was nothing fancy a bed and bathroom but it was clean and was real close to Las Ramblas.

One of my favorite is the Jazz Hotel. You can take a taxi from the hotel to the port. The bus stop from the airport is not too far away. http://www.aerobusbcn.com/

The Jazz Hotel

http://www.hoteljazz.com/

They have a roof top swimming pool and near the hop off hop on bus. http://www.barcelona-bus-turistic.com/

Also if I have an early flight I book a hotel near the airport for the night before I fly as it is cheaper. The other hotel holds by bags and I transfer to the airport after a full day in Barcelona.

Manny

The ramblas hotels are good. The one above Starbucks is very well located.

It's only 2 minutes in a taxi to the terminal. Less than €10......and there are millions of taxis.....

Barcelona is a much better embarkation port than Rome......enjoy!

Hotel Continental, on Las Ramblas at Plaza Catalunya.

You have to like pink, but nice simple hotel, and free wifi and buffet.

Each time that I have stayed there, they have let me check in early.

when you want to go to the ship, go across Las Ramblas to the taxis facing towards the sea, grab a cab, and be there quickly. not expensive fare if the taxi is going that direction, and not having to go around the block.

the bus from the airport stops at Plaza Catalunya and an easy walk to the hotel.

I have a reservation at the Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya for a couple of days before my planned 2016 cruise. A friend of mine stayed there with her husband and highly recommended it - and I know how picky she is, so when I saw what a good price I could get and how convenient it is to their public transportation system, I jumped!

We stay at the Hotel Acta Atrium Palace. Small hotel in the perfect location. Near to everything, but in a more peaceful setting. Its an easy taxi ride to the port. And if you want to ride the bus in from the airport, it will drop you at Plaza Cataluña and from there it is an easy walk to this hotel.

We love it.

I have a reservation at the Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya for a couple of days before my planned 2016 cruise. A friend of mine stayed there with her husband and highly recommended it - and I know how picky she is, so when I saw what a good price I could get and how convenient it is to their public transportation system, I jumped!

Gran Torre Catalunya is a very good hotel with a great breakfast buffet on the top floor, conveniently located in front of the Sants station. About a € 18 ride to the cruise terminal. Recommend you to upgrade to one of the rooms on the higher floors for the view. We have stayed here several times and can highly recommend this hotel.

We often also stay at Citadines Barcelona Ramblas, a fully serviced apartment hotel right in front of hotel 1898 & Le Meridien and in front of the Carrefour supermarket, a few minutes walking from the Boqueria market, Gothic Quater and Catalunya Square. We always ask for a studio facing the Ramblas as we enjoy the view and hustle and bustle going on. With doors closed no noise at all. By joining their loyalty program (Ascott) you get discount booking online.

About a € 15 ride to the cruise terminal. Highly recommended as well.

Gran Torre Catalunya is a very good hotel with a great breakfast buffet on the top floor, conveniently located in front of the Sants station. About a € 18 ride to the cruise terminal. Recommend you to upgrade to one of the rooms on the higher floors for the view. We have stayed here several times and can highly recommend this hotel.

We often also stay at Citadines Barcelona Ramblas, a fully serviced apartment hotel right in front of hotel 1898 & Le Meridien and in front of the Carrefour supermarket, a few minutes walking from the Boqueria market, Gothic Quater and Catalunya Square. We always ask for a studio facing the Ramblas as we enjoy the view and hustle and bustle going on. With doors closed no noise at all. By joining their loyalty program (Ascott) you get discount booking online.

About a € 15 ride to the cruise terminal. Highly recommended as well.

Yep. I reserved a "Comfort Superior Skyline Double Room". :) Super excited!!! It looks really nice and has great reviews on TripAdvisor!

To the OP, we are cruising early June 2016 on the Harmony and when I tried to make bookings earlier this month, a lot of places were giving me full occupancy notices or really high rates. I wonder if they haven't opened their booking windows yet. I will continue to scour for better rates come August.

Yep. I reserved a "Comfort Superior Skyline Double Room". :) Super excited!!! It looks really nice and has great reviews on TripAdvisor!

You will enjoy that skyline view, especially at night!

On our two previous cruises out of Barcelona we stayed at Hotel Jazz. We love the location (nearby Las Ramblas and the Plaza Catyluna) and the first time we stayed there we felt it was a great value and we had wonderful service from the staff. When we stayed there last year, we didn't think it was such a great experience....the staff was unresponsive, food pricey and mediocre, room rates had increased.

While we were in Barcelona last year, we had a get-together the night before the cruise with the CC gang at the Hotel Pulitzer, which is right near the Jazz. A few in the group were staying at the Pulitzer and raved about the rooms & service. With only one day's notice, the hotel was willing to reserve a large portion of their lobby bar for our gathering and went out of their way to see that we were well taken care of.

Now we are headed back to Barcelona again in October and Hotel Pulitzer is where we plan to stay. Pricing seems to be almost exactly what we would pay for Hotel Jazz.....check it out. Have fun, we love Barcelona!