Ignored by Customer Services & Adam Goldstein?

I am currently annoyed, disappointed, frustrated and surprised at the lack of response to a query raised directly with Adam Goldstein.:confused:

I know he has moved on to greater things but, as I expected I received a very polite response from the executive office on 22nd May (to an email query I sent to Mr Goldstein on 12th May).

Their response contained the following paragraph: Your concerns were forwarded to the senior executives in our UK office, are currently being reviewed, and someone from that office will respond to you upon the completion of their review.

I am painfully aware that the 'UK Office' effectively no longer exists, and their customer service is pretty appalling now (my personal experience, e.g. trying to raise a query & being cut off whilst on hold 4 times etc etc) but since that 22nd May reply I have heard nothing from anyone in RCI.

I have followed up asking for a response, but have still heard nothing. I realise the email referred to a 'review' but how long does it take to conduct a review - and why no contact / reply to my f/up?

It's not normal for RCI to treat people like this, especially one who has been very loyal to Royal, I know it isnt - I've read of great RCI customer service to issues raised by people on CC.

So I have to ask, is it just me being treated like this?:( Is it UK guests ?

My email was very polite, not threatening to leave or slagging RCI in any way, just asking for a couple of clarifications regarding issues which we encountered on our T/A cruise on Adventure.:)

Any suggestions how I can get a response to my queries?

Thanks for your helpful suggestions ............

Jean

Edited by Jeannie333333

Well Jean, I have some sympathy for you even if others don't. I also had some issues on the April TA on Adventure (and I know others did too). I won't go into the details here but I also wrote to Adam Goldsteins office following that cruise, and received a telephone call from them. We discussed the issues, and they obviously thought the issues warranted some kind of compensation and they made an offer which I thought was very fair (I was actually surprised as I just wanted to bring the problems we had to their attention, I was not seeking, or asking for anything) but I was told the UK office would contact me. Ha! That was weeks ago and despite follow up emails from me and being promised they would chase the matter, I still don't have this resolved. Two months should be plenty of time for them to provide what was promised, which I have confirmed by email from Miami. You should be persistent and follow up on it.

I would resend the email and inquire about the status. Unfortunately sometimes things fall through the cracks...not an excuse, but reality. Resend the last communication you received and hopefully they will resolve it to your satisfaction.

I believe that they have lost a "Bobbitt" - Can someone find there Bobbitt! Got to be somewhere in the 15 floors, maybe stuffed in the piano, maybe under the flowrider, under the chocolate cake in the cupboard shop.

Lastly, check on the outside pocket on the big suitecase, probably tucked neatly there.

Since you were not specific with the problems that you experience I have to ask if you sent an email outlining problems that you would expect compensation? For example, you paid for a drink package, they had not record of it, and you didn't get a drink package. Or, was it something more like improper service or ship maintenance? Although I do think the UK office should get back with you within a reasonable time frame, if it is something that needs an internal 'fix', it may take a longer time to get to the right people and back to you. I hope you understand that I'm not questioning the problems... nor do I expect you to go into details, I do know that RCI does send on service issues to the ships. If you feel you are owed something, I think you should re-contact the Miami office.

I hope you obtain the resolution you are seeking.

Well Jean, I have some sympathy for you even if others don't. I also had some issues on the April TA on Adventure (and I know others did too). I won't go into the details here but I also wrote to Adam Goldsteins office following that cruise, and received a telephone call from them. We discussed the issues, and they obviously thought the issues warranted some kind of compensation and they made an offer which I thought was very fair (I was actually surprised as I just wanted to bring the problems we had to their attention, I was not seeking, or asking for anything) but I was told the UK office would contact me. Ha! That was weeks ago and despite follow up emails from me and being promised they would chase the matter, I still don't have this resolved. Two months should be plenty of time for them to provide what was promised, which I have confirmed by email from Miami. You should be persistent and follow up on it.

Give me a shout and I'll give you the details of the exec in Adams office that called me and the UK exec who also called. As you know I got resolution over the issues on the TA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by peteukmcr
additional items

Give me a shout and I'll give you the details of the exec in Adams office that called me and the UK exec who also called. As you know I got resolution over the issues on the TA.

Thanks Pete. x

It's not normal for RCI to treat people like this, especially one who has been very loyal to Royal, I know it isnt - I've read of great RCI customer service to issues raised by people on CC.

So I have to ask, is it just me being treated like this?:( Is it UK guests ?

Jean

Yes, I think it is fair to say it is only, or at least mainly, UK guests who are getting such poor service. US customers generally seem to still be getting a good standard of service from the comments I have read.

This forum and the others have so many comments from unhappy UK customers who feel they are being treated very badly by the company.

It seems to me that the relocation of the UK office was a very bad move by RCI. The fact that the standards slumped around the same time as the move can't be a co-incidence, surely. Time will tell if it improves, but the new senior management needs to take responsibility. Good luck with your enquiry.

Thanks Sue,

I always knew I would get unhelpful comments, but my faith in the majority of CC's made me put up my post out of desperation anyway!

Thanks for your supportive reply, it's kind of reassuring that someone else is in the same boat (or should I say 'ship) but it doesnt bode well for a resolution. Not very nice for you either.

Like you, I'm not after compensation, I just wanted to highlight the issues so they could be ironed out for future cruises.

Its ok people telling us to pick up the phone, but an international call is very expensive, especially when you dont know who to ask for and what route to take.

Thanks for your support and helpful comments - lets hope its all sorted out soon.

Jean :)

Hi Pete,

from reading your previous posts, I am aware we experienced similar issues 7 they were the basis of my email.

You have got a resolution?!! Ok, that makes me feel even worse than I do currently - you must be a better 'issue raiser' than Sue & I - do you give classes we can attend ? lol :)

The lady who responded in Adam's office wrote a lovely email - sadly, there has been no further communication from her or from the UK Office.

Thanks for responding & when I have worked out how to give you a shout - I will shout you !

Jean

What you're probably seeing is one of those situations where, to be blunt, not every issue needs to be immediately raised up by the customer to the CEO level of the company. Just think about it for a second, if everyone who had a problem raised their issue all the way up to the top of the chain, how on Earth do you think anyone would get anything done?

The CEO of a major company has far more important things to deal with on a daily basis (like, the day to day running of the company we all know and love) than to take the time out to respond to everyone who tries to seek out his help. There's a reason there's a chain of command within any company (and specifically within the Crown & Anchor club within RCI), and its so that issues get resolved by the correct associates. Just because someone is a member with the standing of a Diamond or a Diamond Plus does not mean there's an open invitation to call up the CEO with issues with the expectation that the CEO will deal with it.

Yes, I think it is fair to say it is only, or at least mainly, UK guests who are getting such poor service. US customers generally seem to still be getting a good standard of service from the comments I have read.

This forum and the others have so many comments from unhappy UK customers who feel they are being treated very badly by the company.

It seems to me that the relocation of the UK office was a very bad move by RCI. The fact that the standards slumped around the same time as the move can't be a co-incidence, surely. Time will tell if it improves, but the new senior management needs to take responsibility. Good luck with your enquiry.

Thank you :)

What you're probably seeing is one of those situations where, to be blunt, not every issue needs to be immediately raised up by the customer to the CEO level of the company. Just think about it for a second, if everyone who had a problem raised their issue all the way up to the top of the chain, how on Earth do you think anyone would get anything done?

The CEO of a major company has far more important things to deal with on a daily basis (like, the day to day running of the company we all know and love) than to take the time out to respond to everyone who tries to seek out his help. There's a reason there's a chain of command within any company (and specifically within the Crown & Anchor club within RCI), and its so that issues get resolved by the correct associates. Just because someone is a member with the standing of a Diamond or a Diamond Plus does not mean there's an open invitation to call up the CEO with issues with the expectation that the CEO will deal with it.

Very well said! Sometimes, I just have to laugh at the small things that are referred to Adam Goldstein around here.

Im not saying the OPs issue is small because she didnt really elaborate but dang, most of the time it goes a little something like this.

"We didnt have a towel animal our whole duration of the cruise"

replied to with "email agoldstein@rccl.com"

:o

Edited by ryano

Very well said! Sometimes, I just have to laugh at the small things that are referred to Adam Goldstein around here.

Im not saying the OPs issue is small because she didnt really elaborate but dang, most of the time it goes a little something like this.

"We didnt have a towel animal our whole duration of the cruise"

replied to with "email agoldstein@rccl.com"

:o

Yeeeeeeeaaaaah....

Don't get me wrong, I love this forum and it has really helped both myself and my family out on our Oasis trip that we're taking starting this weekend. But man, sometimes I read some of these "RCI has terrible customer service" complaints, only to see what the issue was and realize they're complaining because the CEO didn't immediately return their call or email and just shake my head. Sometimes I just think people think a little too highly of this community and think that by being a member here it carries significant weight, when in fact, it doesn't. Now, I'm not singling out the OP, as the issue was never disclosed, but man, not every issue needs to be taken up with the CEO of a company. Its basically akin to calling up the office of Bill Gates every time your Windows crashes.

Yeeeeeeeaaaaah....

Don't get me wrong, I love this forum and it has really helped both myself and my family out on our Oasis trip that we're taking starting this weekend. But man, sometimes I read some of these "RCI has terrible customer service" complaints, only to see what the issue was and realize they're complaining because the CEO didn't immediately return their call or email and just shake my head. Sometimes I just think people think a little too highly of this community and think that by being a member here it carries significant weight, when in fact, it doesn't. Now, I'm not singling out the OP, as the issue was never disclosed, but man, not every issue needs to be taken up with the CEO of a company. Its basically akin to calling up the office of Bill Gates every time your Windows crashes.

Agree 100%

Yeeeeeeeaaaaah....

:D So right...

Me too :rolleyes:

Yeeeeeeeaaaaah....

So, Goldstein's Office responds with:

Your concerns were forwarded to the senior executives in our UK office, are currently being reviewed, and someone from that office will respond to you upon the completion of their review.

Then they fail to follow through and respond as promised and do nothing. And that is OK with you because Goldstein is so busy running the company?

If I were the OP, I would have preferred a response from Goldstein as follows:

I am the CEO of RCI and too busy to address your issues. Take it up with a Customer Service Rep.

Unless we know what the problem is, it is hard to be objective.

If the problem is overcrowding in some areas, we had the same problem on BOS transatlantic. Transatlantic cruises are in a class by themselves and that is why they are so inexpensive. On our cruise, it was impossible to get into the Cinema without getting there an hour early. We asked to have the movies moved to the theatre but they were adding additional shows for the longer cruises in Europe and they were using the theatre to practice every afternoon. The watercolor instructor could only accommodate so many people at a time, so you also had to get there an hour early. On our Northern Atlantic cruise it was just a little too cool to sit outside so the Solarium was packed every day. I never saw a non-present chair hog because many people came early in the morning and just camped out there every day. I know people were getting to the theatre a half hour early for the show. 20 minutes out the theatre was full. It is just that kind of cruise and if you do a repositioning the activities fill quickly and there is nothing anyone in the office can do, especially when there are limited larger venues.

Excellent, thanks Sue .... nice that they are starting to process it - and it does certainly sound like we had the same issues. ;)

I dealt with Natasha Abner following our transatlantic on the Navigator last November. She actually telephoned me less than 48 hours after I sent my email. Everything was resolved by telephone & email without any mention of involving the UK office...maybe you should drop her a line.?