Cute Sandals for Lots of Walking?

I am a young(ish) and hip(ish) mama. We are doing a June Med cruise next year and I would like to start looking for some comfortable walking shoes that do not make me look like my mama. (No offense)

Any suggestions on a truly comfortable sandal that will go with many things, and not look frumpy?

Know what you mean about the sandals. I was looking for a pair that didn't scream 'Mountain Climbing'.

Finally found a pair of Eccos and a pair of Merrells.

Jambu Water Divas. I now have 3 pair of them. Wore one of them right out of the box for a 3-week trip through Europe. I took one of the pairs with me to Italy last May - wore them as my walking shoes every day in Rome and Florence, and all but two nights as my evening shoes (wore my engineer boots with a dress the others...)

You will find them in the usual online shoe places. Jambu does not make them anymore - stopped this season. There are some other cute Jambu sandals - look on their website. I have a pair of something close to the Blossoms that I wear for work (they are a plain top, no flowers). All my Jambus have been highly comfortable.

Know what you mean about the sandals. I was looking for a pair that didn't scream 'Mountain Climbing'.

Finally found a pair of Eccos and a pair of Merrells.

LOL - yes! No mountain climbing! :) I will check out those brands.

Slidergirl - I will also check out the Jambus.

I am a young(ish) and hip(ish) mama. We are doing a June Med cruise next year and I would like to start looking for some comfortable walking shoes that do not make me look like my mama. (No offense)

Any suggestions on a truly comfortable sandal that will go with many things, and not look frumpy?

I think it is cute that the young and hip think the old and comfortable is so awful :)

Just be careful with those young hip platform /pole dancing heels or you'll end up with some gnarly crooked feet wishing you had worn Teva - Which is my new favorite sandle, although I haven't done a lot of walking they are comfy for flat surface strolling and shopping

Try Birkenstocks or Merrells. I own sandals by both brands and can walk longer in them than I can some of my tennis shoes! A lot of people also swear by Keen or Teva, but unfortunately they do not fit my feet well so I do not wear them. However, they come highly recommended so you could check those out too. Hopefully they will work for you.

Not sure if Tevas are too casual for what you are looking for, but they are super comfortable. The kid sizes go up to size 7 which is around 8.5 women's and they are cheaper (got mine for less than $20 on Amazon). I wear a size 8 and got the kids 7, they are a little big but not huge and since they have adjustable straps they fit just fine. The size 6 was a little small.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058XH13S/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got the blue ones and got the purple ones for DD :) We are going on a W Caribbean cruise though and need a sportier sandal than we would on a Med cruise.

I actually prefer the Keen sandals that have the protected toe - it's safer for walking on all the cobblestones in Europe (and hides the fact that I'm missing four of my little toenails :eek:).

The Whisper style is narrower and not as boxy as the others. Since I have a wider foot, I do wear the boxy ones. SO comfortable. And I personally don't think they're that ugly. Alot of people wear them. Just saying.

What comes around goes around when it comes to fashion, with Birkenstock & Tevas being shown in all sorts of fashion shows this year. Go figure. There are PLENTY of shoes that will be comfortable. What is comfortable (and "hip" or stylish) TO YOU is going to be different.

http://fashionista.com/2014/03/how-tevas-became-the-most-unlikely-it-shoe-of-the-fashion-set/

Well, I do own a couple pairs of Tevas, a flat sandal and wedge heel, and agree that they are comfortable... but they are not really my style. My mom wears Keens all the time, and while I understand some love them, again - not my style.

I love Sofft and Born, but many of their shoes are more for an office environment, vs. street-wear.

I appreciate all the opinions, (except perhaps the "pole dancing" comment:rolleyes:), and will check out all your suggestions.

Thank you all!

.....................I love Sofft and Born, but many of their shoes are more for an office environment, vs. street-wear.

I appreciate all the opinions, (except perhaps the "pole dancing" comment:rolleyes:), and will check out all your suggestions.

Thank you all!

It seems that the Europeans dress at an office casual level just walking around more so than Americans. With that in mind, nothing wrong with a more 'office environment' look.

I actually prefer the Keen sandals that have the protected toe - it's safer for walking on all the cobblestones in Europe (and hides the fact that I'm missing four of my little toenails :eek:).

The Whisper style is narrower and not as boxy as the others. Since I have a wider foot, I do wear the boxy ones. SO comfortable. And I personally don't think they're that ugly. Alot of people wear them. Just saying.

Just have to second the Keens. Whispers have been lots of miles and hold up without my feet hurting. I have the more open Bali style in several colors, too. Just wish they'd make one of these in a true navy color!

Well, I do own a couple pairs of Tevas, a flat sandal and wedge heel, and agree that they are comfortable... but they are not really my style. I appreciate all the opinions, (except perhaps the "pole dancing" comment:rolleyes:), and will check out all your suggestions.

Thank you all!

Sorry - I've been on a 'thing' at the office - I think business casual does not include what you wear to pole dance on the weekend - so it's kind of a joke here - except maybe the people who come to work 9-5 dressed for their evening employment. I used to work in an ER in the middle of 3 major clubs that specialized in scantily dressed women [who were all pre-law or pre-med students BTW] can we talk about broken ankles and the love bug shuffle?!!!

I'm a fan of Keen sandals too. Bring a a couple of pairs on every cruise and can walk for miles in them without any discomfort. They are definitely casual and I don't know that I would describe them as "cute" like the OP is looking for, but they are cute enough to me for how incredibly comfortable they are.

Some of my favs are Clark's with the Wave sole, Privo's (also by Clark's), Born, Merrill, etc. I'm not normally a Sketcher's person but I found these:

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/skechers+rasta+sport+sandal?prodId=185164&activeCats=dsw12cat1740006,dsw12cat1740008,dsw12cat2270002,dsw12cat2270004

I have them in black and gray. They are incredibly comfortable and I often get compliments on them. I have walked miles in them. My legs might hurt, but my feet never do.

I love Clarks too:)...and lately, have been wearing "Spring Steps" as well.

They have a very cushiony foot bed and are very cute...(in my opinion).

Here is a pair of just got in purple:

a332262.004

I've got these and they are my go to for a lot of walking.

https://m.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=&subCatId=&skuId=132322120&productId=66947&lotId=132322&category=&catdisplayName=Women

I don't consider them cute, but they're perfect for walking all day at the state fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk