Comfortable and cute sandals - do they exist?

I've given up on cute and go for comfort. I love the look of thong sandals but I hate to wear them and will never buy another pair. What I do like are sandals that have multi-straps and can be adjusted around the toes, heel and ankle.

I would recommend looking on line at several shoe web sites and just going through all of the sandals that are offered. When you find a pair that you like read the reviews, as many as you can. Then google the brand and model name and you can compare prices.

Good luck with your search.

ps. Some of the shoe sights are Zappos, shoebuy, footsmart and you can always look on amazon or ebay.

Edited by luvscruising2007

I swear by Merrell Agave sandals. They come in two colours, black & beige. The black ones look very nice and can be worn as dressy casual in the evenings. The beige ones are more daytime wear. I've been wearing these for about eight years now. They are great.

Good morning:)...this is the question of every decade;)

If the search feature was working I would post about 20 threads

for you with the same question. But hence, it is still out of service.

Many gals have the same question for every cruise.....I wear Clark's

quite often. I think they are cute and comfy:D and have been wearing

them for years! Yes, cute and comfortable sandals definitely

exist;)

Yes, there are cute & comfortable shoes. Your foot will fit everything differently, and your style & budget preferences are important. You didn't give us anything to go on;)

Personally, I wear Dansko, Ecco & Birkenstock for walking sandals. Keen, Teva or Columbia for hiking/water sandals. For work, I have some cute Softspots sandals (low heel) that I wear constantly.

Good morning:)...this is the question of every decade;)

If the search feature was working I would post about 20 threads

for you with the same question. But hence, it is still out of service.

Many gals have the same question for every cruise.....I wear Clark's

quite often. I think they are cute and comfy:D and have been wearing

them for years! Yes, cute and comfortable sandals definitely

exist;)

What was the name of the sandals you saw me wearing on Century. Italian made? Was that the name? I had a cute white pair with a low heel and a dressy black pair with a slightly higher heel. Oh I will go look...hang on peeps!!! { Some of my bags are still packed} Italian Shoemaker is the brand

I love these Minnetonka Bocca sandals. I bought a pair, realized how comfy they were, and bought a second pair in a different color!! I have worn them all day with no issues.

shoe2.jpg

I swear by Clark's sandals. That said I have been admiring the Naot sandals I see in the windows of Naot stores in the mall. They tend to be about fifty percent higher-priced than Clarks, but it might be worth it to own a luxurious pair of Naots. I have heard they are very comfortable. They certainly are stylish.

Sketchers sandals are always really comfortable and many of them are decent looking! I have the Reggae Rastas in brown and black - they're not attractive (IMO) but I wear them all summer anyway. I would probably wear these on a shore excursion or maybe around the pool but they're not my favorites looks-wise. The nice thing is they can be adjusted for various width feet. I actually wear these in my house during the winter when I have to do a lot of cleaning/standing because they're so cushy! (We have all hard floors so my heels really start to hurt without shoes.) I've had the brown pair for 4+ years and wear them all the time and they're still super cushy.

http://www.skechers.com/style/46444/reggae-rasta/blk

BUT - the best part of these shoes is they lead me to other, more fashionable (but slightly less comfortable) Sketcher sandals. I have another strappy pair (with a back strap - thought that'd be easier on the feet for walking a lot) and they are not adjustable so they would not be for everyone as they won't fit every foot correctly. (i.e. I don't like Merrells or Clarks - they just don't fit me right!) but these will be going on our cruise in March because they're cute and COMFORTABLE! Not quite as comfortable as the Rastas but close! I can't find these but there are similar pairs. I'd recommend checking out Sketchers if you want something cushy - and they have many cute pairs!

What was the name of the sandals you saw me wearing on Century. Italian made? Was that the name? I had a cute white pair with a low heel and a dressy black pair with a slightly higher heel. Oh I will go look...hang on peeps!!! { Some of my bags are still packed} Italian Shoemaker is the brand

Hi Kaye:) yes, Italian Shoemakers....I love them:D....they have so

many heel heights....flats, little heel, little more heel, medium, medium

high, high, extra high;)

I love these Minnetonka Bocca sandals. I bought a pair, realized how comfy they were, and bought a second pair in a different color!! I have worn them all day with no issues.

shoe2.jpg

Those are very cute.:) Does the thong part rub against your toes?

Or are they comfy?

Those are very cute.:) Does the thong part rub against your toes?

Or are they comfy?

No rubbing! They are the only pair of thong sandals that I currently own. I am all about comfort :) But they have to be cute too :p

Sofft & Softspots are the same company (Sofft tends to have higher heels ;-) so I like those, but Born rarely fit me, same with a lot of the Clarks.

You really just need to get out there and try stuff on. And once you find a brand that fits you well, you can look for great discounts online!

Last summer I wanted a comfortable gladiator sandal. I live in BFE and even driving to Nordstrom is no guarantee (they rarely have what I want in my size) so I ordered 8 prs of shoes from Zappos. Kept two - the Ecco flash low gladiator (LOVE, great for work, comfortable but I don't want to walk 10 miles in them) and Taos trophy. Super super comfortable and I do walk miles and miles in that. Almost kept the Naot Dorith or the Naot Bernice but they were too similar to the others and they were slightly more comfortable on my foot.

My personal preference is to spend more for a well made, long-lasting and EXTREMELY comfortable shoe than to have dozens of shoes that don't make me happy.

Edited by Hoyaheel

I find Merrell sandals and Clarks very comfortable. Those are my favorites for day wear with capris etc For evenings, I go for more dressy and strappy though low heels or flat.

Born or Sofft [ATTACH]304199[/ATTACH] I got these in every color they make at Steinmart ! Most comfortable easy to walk in, sexy sandal!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Love them!! I've haven't found a more comfortable brand Born.

For flip flops, I wear Yellow Box. I suffer from plantar fasciitis, a very painful foot condition. My PF never acts up when I'm wearing those.

I also recommend Born brand sandals. They are pricy though bit check out their "lower end" brand, B.O.C. (Born On Concept). They are a bit cheaper and just as super comfy.