Upgrade

snow2day

I was wondering if we could get an upgrade to a suite? We have a balcony, and we told TA not to upgrade us. I have gone on ships site, and saw where there were many suites still available. If I ask TA to switch us to upgrade, what is the possibility?

I was wondering if we could get an upgrade to a suite? We have a balcony, and we told TA not to upgrade us. I have gone on ships site, and saw where there were many suites still available. If I ask TA to switch us to upgrade, what is the possibility?

Upgrade from balcony to suite? In your dreams only. Doesn't mean it never happens, but don't hold your breath. :)

Call your TA back and she'll give you the current pricing for a full suite. You'll pay the difference between your current booking and the cost of the suite.

Upgrades to a full suite are possible but very rare and only under certain conditions. There would have to be a huge demand for your specific balcony category. So, as Pia says, if you're looking/hoping for a free upgrade, it'll be in your dreams.

We have one of the great Caribe Deck balcony cabins booked for our upcoming cruise. The balcony portion is about twice as large as the regular balconies and are half covered/half uncovered. I told my travel agent to put us down for a "meta upgrade" only--meaning that we can't be bumped up from our BE cabin to a higher category of balcony cabin. We can only be upgraded to at least a mini suite. I figured the extra space in the cabin would be worth the smaller uncovered balcony if we got the meta upgrade.

We have also been on many cruises, often booking multiple cabins for our family, and have never received a complimentary upgrade or reduced price upsell. Several times I have chosen to pay for an upgrade a few months after our original booking, as described by Pam above. However, I have heard rumors about upgrades, so they may exist...for an extremely lucky few.

I booked an interior on my cruise leaving from Seattle to Alaska, I am

hoping to get an upgrade to a balcony since there are lots of balcony left

Rick

The balcony upgrades will usually go to those booked in OV cabins. After that, obstructed OV'S. You come last. So think about maybe getting an oceanview and don't think about a balcony.

I have received one free upgrade on Princess from a Caribe balcony to a mini-suite. I really liked the mini-suite. I think that was on our third cruise with Princess. Now that I've cruised a little on Princess ships, location is more important to me. We love the Lido deck for access to fitness center, steam rooms, spa pool, Horizon Court, MUTS, etc. Last few cruises we picked the cabin we wanted and I wouldn't accept upgrade unless it was at least to a mini-suite. That said, I'm very interested in price drops and watch pricing on Princess like a Hawk. We just received substantial price drop on our booking. We book a year in advance and there is usually at least one substantial price drop. We are Happy Cruisers. :D

I booked an interior on my cruise leaving from Seattle to Alaska, I am

hoping to get an upgrade to a balcony since there are lots of balcony left

Rick

Good luck with that! Odds are that you'll stay in an inside cabin, with a small, very small chance of getting an ocean view obstructed.

To the OP, chances of getting a free upgrade from balcony to a full suite are zero. However, you can ask what the price difference between the balcony and the full suite is and pay that amount.

Enjoy your balcony! Also, remember that 80% of all passengers all want an upgrade...

.............. Also, remember that 80% of all passengers all want an upgrade...

More like 100% of the passengers who know that on occasion upgrades happen.

That said, we lucked out and got an upgrade from a regular balcony to a mini-suite on our Hawaii cruise last year. Once in a lifetime deal? Probably.

Now, when will I get that same luck with the lottery......???? :cool:

We and our friends booked a very low priced, last minute inside guarantee Alaska R/t Vancouver July 1st this year. All the insides were showing as sold out. Four days prior to sailing our friends got an ocean view and we were lucky enough to get a balcony.

First time in 12 cruises with Princess, but also first time booking guarantee.

Good luck with that! Odds are that you'll stay in an inside cabin, with a small, very small chance of getting an ocean view obstructed.

To the OP, chances of getting a free upgrade from balcony to a full suite are zero. However, you can ask what the price difference between the balcony and the full suite is and pay that amount.

Enjoy your balcony! Also, remember that 80% of all passengers all want an upgrade...

Yes the odds are slim but but not zero. We were upgraded from a balcony to an aft owners suite on the Grand. It was our first cruise with Princess.

What you see on the Princess site doesn't always correspond to reality. What shows as sold or not can be something different. Upgrades don't happen all that often, and what Princess calls an upgrade could mean something else to you. (Been there.) It's a nice dream, but not likely to happen.

I book the balcony I want and never want an upgrade,even to a mini suite.my choices are made on location and noise.I may get a mini suite in a deck I don't like or above or below some noisy lido/ entertainment deck.

We got an upgrade once,on our first cruise,but that was because we made a fuss.we were below the lido deck and the 24 hour outside eating area.the noise of scraping chairs drove me nuts above my head in my first 10 minutes.They were adamant they would not move us,until we threatened to disembark. We had been sold the balcony cabin as a high price cabin as it was the highest deck and in the middle of the ship..

I wonder if the people who do get upgrades,have paid full price originally and not a sale price?

I book the balcony I want and never want an upgrade,even to a mini suite.my choices are made on location and noise.I may get a mini suite in a deck I don't like or above or below some noisy lido/ entertainment deck.

We got an upgrade once,on our first cruise,but that was because we made a fuss.we were below the lido deck and the 24 hour outside eating area.the noise of scraping chairs drove me nuts above my head in my first 10 minutes.They were adamant they would not move us,until we threatened to disembark. We had been sold the balcony cabin as a high price cabin as it was the highest deck and in the middle of the ship..

I wonder if the people who do get upgrades,have paid full price originally and not a sale price?

That's a wrong assumption to make. Upgrades depend on yield management. They are given at random. Also, if you wanted to be upgraded to a mini-suite, you definitely wouldn't be under the Lido deck! Except maybe for the Royal or Regal... On most ships, mini-suites are on Emerald and Dolphin decks....

That's a wrong assumption to make. Upgrades depend on yield management. They are given at random. Also, if you wanted to be upgraded to a mini-suite, you definitely wouldn't be under the Lido deck! Except maybe for the Royal or Regal... On most ships, mini-suites are on Emerald and Dolphin decks....

It wasn't an assumption,it was a question.

Seems like a few mini suites are in the wrong place for me,hence the reason I don't want an upgrade.