Lunch on the Equinox

malony33

Where can we have lunch on the Equinox right after we board, whether it's free or not?

Hate tripping through the crowds with the carry-on, the purse...:cool:

Haven't cruised in a few years, and back in the day, there was ONE place to eat, plus

take 2 Tylenol and some Alkaseltzer just to deal with it.

Thanks!

As an avid cruiser, I would head up to the buffet! They have many choices of delicacies for you to choose. I would recommend asking Jose what is the most delicious today and then choose that item while you choose some others.

Bon appetite and have a nice cruise.

Where can we have lunch on the Equinox right after we board, whether it's free or not?

Hate tripping through the crowds with the carry-on, the purse...:cool:

Haven't cruised in a few years, and back in the day, there was ONE place to eat, plus

take 2 Tylenol and some Alkaseltzer just to deal with it.

Thanks!

If you are in a suite there is Luminae, Concierge class the MDR, for everyone else there is the buffet or Aqua Spa cafe....You could also pay for a burger at the mast bar or for Sushi on five.

Alternative plans of action include...

Sit in a nice bar with a drink on boarding. When the rooms open (1.30pm) drop your hand luggage off quickly and then go to the buffet which will be near empty.

Have a big breakfast before boarding and skip lunch. You could then really take advantage of one of the first night discounts offered for a Speciality because you will be hungry enough to enjoy!

Have lunch in port and then board and go straight to your room.

I do understand exactly what you mean re the buffet on boarding day (not helped by the two folks who sit on a table for four with their hand luggage occupying the other two chairs!).

We usually book suites now so don't have an issue but our old strategy was to board and just sit and enjoy a drink. At 1.30 we would go to our room. I would stay there, start sorting the hand luggage (and welcome the suitcases as they came). Better half and son would head for the empty buffet and return with a sandwich selection and a dish of fries which we would then enjoy on the balcony! Not over filling or fine dining but we did always book a speciality first night and have the unpacking completed pre muster!

I believe that Sushi on 5 is open. Can someone please confirm? It is a pay-for restaurant but that is our plan for embarkation day lunch.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. Sushi on Five is open for lunch on embarkation day. You can usually get a 20% or higher discount.

IS Cafe Al Bacio (sp). open upon boarding? I could see getting a specialty coffee with my drink package and having a pastry. Not the healthiest lunch, but would hold us over until after 1:30 when we could then head to the buffet or Spa Cafe.

I don't mind the crowd in the buffet on embarkation day. It makes me feel like I've started my cruise. Besides, I'm in no rush to go anywhere, so if I have to wait in a line for a minute to get an item or have to hunt for a table, it doesn't really bother me.

That said, we usually arrive at the port by 11:00 (at the latest), so we're normally on board before the crowds get really bad in the buffet anyway.