Having flowers delivered to your stateroom questions?

JAMESCC

I know flowers from the cruise line is way overpriced but I wanted to surprise my wife with flowers on our cruise. How does it work, because I wanted them in our stateroom when we board when we first go up to see our room. If I chose the first day or embarkation day will they be in our room when we first go up to check out our room or are they delivered sometime later in the day? Anyone do this and know what usually happens? Thanks in advance.

Edited by JAMESCC

I know flowers from the cruise line is way overpriced but I wanted to surprise my wife with flowers on our cruise. How does it work, because I wanted them in our stateroom when we board when we first go up to see our room. If I chose the first day or embarkation day will they be in our room when we first go up to check out our room or are they delivered sometime later in the day? Anyone do this and know what usually happens? Thanks in advance.

I bought flowers a few cruises ago, I prepaid for them and they were in our cabin when we entered around 1pm the first day. The flowers were actually very nice for the amount they cost.

Edited by Laszlo

From NCL's website...

Classic Dozen Roses $59.00 USD

A dozen long stemmed red roses mixed with filler & foliage arranged in a utility glass vase

Harmony $49.00 USD

Liatris, bird of paradise, orchids, filler & foliage arranged in a design dish

Tropical Delight $54.00 USD

Liatris, anthurium, dendrobium orchids & foliage arranged in a design dish

Springtime $44.00 USD

An arrangement of assorted daisies, filler & foliage in a round or oblong basket

Flower orders must be made no later than one week prior to sailing and may only be delivered on the first day of the sailing.

Please note: Product images are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product. Delivery in Europe is limited to the following ports: Helsinki, Finland; Dover, UK; Venice, Italy; Barcelona, Spain; Piraeus, Greece; Lisbon, Portugal; Copenhagen, Denmark; Southampton, UK; Rotterdam, Netherlands.

*Flower deliveries are not available for Whittier, Alaska

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-gifts/flowers

And the prices are actually in line with what you would pay on land.

Edited by cml4958

Wow thanks for the posts. Did I hear reasonable NCL in the same sentence? Based on these boards here I would think everyone would cancel their cruises and the ships would sail empty. Just kidding on that of course.

Our daughters, here in New Zealand, arranged for us to get the Anniversary Package, it was our Golden Wedding Anniversary, on the day we left Buenos Aires late March. There were a dozen red roses as part of it and they were there when we first went to the cabin. Lovely and they lasted about a week.

Mike

You might also look into the romance pkg. I ordered the deluxe romance pkg. $269 for non alcoholic or alcoholic version and includes; dozen roses in stateroom upon embarkation, chocolate strawberries, breakfast delivered day of choice (from what I can tell it's an upgraded breakfast more like what's avail to suites but not sure) canapés one eve & tea service delivered one day, non alcoholic or alcoholic wine delivered to stateroom, dinner for two in le bistro, professional 8x10 photo and two 25 min couples massages including grats. Figure if you were going to order roses, everything else is only $210. I think the only diff between deluxe romance and anniversary pkg is romance pkg also includes tea service but both same price.

Edited by littlelulu01

I preordered flowers for my cruise last year....ordered them on myncl.

They were in the cabin when I first entered. Very nice and stayed fresh thhe entire cruise.

I always forgot to water them but my room steward was very good. :)

You might also look into the romance pkg. I ordered the deluxe romance pkg. $269 for non alcoholic or alcoholic version and includes; dozen roses in stateroom upon embarkation, chocolate strawberries, breakfast delivered day of choice (from what I can tell it's an upgraded breakfast more like what's avail to suites but not sure) canapés one eve & tea service delivered one day, non alcoholic or alcoholic wine delivered to stateroom, dinner for two in le bistro, professional 8x10 photo and two 25 min couples massages including grats. Figure if you were going to order roses, everything else is only $210. I think the only diff between deluxe romance and anniversary pkg is romance pkg also includes tea service but both same price.

Yeah too much money and we'll have our 3 year old son with us. The flowers are kinda a thank you for being the awesome wife and great mother she is all year.

Yeah too much money and we'll have our 3 year old son with us. The flowers are kinda a thank you for being the awesome wife and great mother she is all year.

Flowers are a wonderful thank you. Have a great cruise. Our captain last sailing ended each intercom announcement with, "remember, a happy wife means a happy life."

We got the dozen roses as part of the romance package and they were very nice flowers and we actually took them off the ship with us. Not sure if you were supposed to, but nobody said anything and it's not like you could hide them.

Anyway, it's one of the times where NCL's price actually seems to match land based prices. At least at a regular florist.

Lucky you to be able to take the flowers home with you. We weren't allowed to do this when I received flowers from my husband for my birthday, which he waited to have delivered on my actual birthday. I'd only had the floral arrangement for four out of the 14 nights sailing, so they were still in great shape. The crew girls I shared them with were all excited to receive them, thou. This wasn't on NCL but we did disembark in Miami. Next time, I'd want those flowers ASAP to enjoy all week, lesson learned. OP, what a thoughtful husband, hope she loves them!

Lucky you to be able to take the flowers home with you. We weren't allowed to do this when I received flowers from my husband for my birthday, which he waited to have delivered on my actual birthday. I'd only had the floral arrangement for four out of the 14 nights sailing, so they were still in great shape. The crew girls I shared them with were all excited to receive them, thou. This wasn't on NCL but we did disembark in Miami. Next time, I'd want those flowers ASAP to enjoy all week, lesson learned. OP, what a thoughtful husband, hope she loves them!

I'm not sure if it mattered, but that cruise was the Hawaiian island cruise. Never left the state.

Thanks for all the replies. On the element of surprise, if I order them say today will it be on my cruise documents thus ruining the surprise part? Will it be on any documents is what I am asking? She doesn't check NCL.com, she doesn't check our cruise online, only I do that.

If she doesn't check your sailing on my Ncl by logging in to your sailing, I'd venture to say you'll be okay. Might the charge come through on your credit card statement prior to your sail date? Depending on when that statement comes through, she could see a charge to question I suppose.

Thanks for all the replies. On the element of surprise, if I order them say today will it be on my cruise documents thus ruining the surprise part? Will it be on any documents is what I am asking? She doesn't check NCL.com, she doesn't check our cruise online, only I do that.

It's done through the Bon voyage department. Doesn't show up in the cruise docs. Will show up on the credit card as a charge from NCL.