Thank you Cruise Critic! More OBC!!

crusing48/51

Just wanted to send a shout out to the helpful CC posters that alerted me to file for the current on board credit sale.

We are booked early saver for our upcoming Magic cruise, and I filled out the early saver online form and got the extra $50.

Before I submitted the form online, I had called Carnival to get the OBC and was told we didn't qualify. However, I knew from reading posts on CC that we were indeed eligible.

So, Thank You, once again, Cruise Critic posters for great information!

Happy cruising!

Was this due to a lower price? Or some promo ? How do I find the form?

It was due to us having booked early saver and getting the on board credit of $50 from the current OBC for booking promotion. Not a reduction in the price of the cruise, but on board credit.

The form is on Carnival website. I typed in early saver price protection in the search box, filled out the form, and got the OBC.

Was the price of your room still the same now? Can we still get the obc if the room is now higher than when we booked (with no obc)?

The price of our stateroom hasn't changed, in fact, our category has sold out. I think we got it because we booked early saver, and I asked for it.

Just wanted to send a shout out to the helpful CC posters that alerted me to file for the current on board credit sale.

We are booked early saver for our upcoming Magic cruise, and I filled out the early saver online form and got the extra $50.

Before I submitted the form online, I had called Carnival to get the OBC and was told we didn't qualify. However, I knew from reading posts on CC that we were indeed eligible.

So, Thank You, once again, Cruise Critic posters for great information!

Happy cruising!

Thank you for creating this thread! I would not have known to apply much less know where the form was. I received my $50 credit too :)

Was the price of your room still the same now? Can we still get the obc if the room is now higher than when we booked (with no obc)?

The price of our stateroom hasn't changed, in fact, our category has sold out. I think we got it because we booked early saver, and I asked for it.

I'm booked under early saver but my PVP told me I'd have to take a $60 price increase to get the $50 OBC.

I booked a couple of days ago and my category price went up a total of $10 (Cat 8C).

The T&C states that by clicking 'yes' and agreeing to the T&C then I agree to possibly forfeiting my cabin assignment. Was that an issue? Should I be concerned? I don't want to lose my cabin as we are next to our good friends.

thanks

Edited by attilamom1217

Same thing happened to us - no cabin in our category avail but booked through early saver about 9 months ago. Completed the form and got the response with approval right away.

I booked a couple of days ago and my category price hasn't changed (Cat 8C).

The T&C states that by clicking 'yes' and agreeing to the T&C then I agree to possibly forfeiting my cabin assignment. Was that an issue? Should I be concerned? I don't want to lose my cabin as we are next to our good friends.

thanks

That part scared me. That's why I texted my PVP instead of submitting the form. I have the cabin I want.

That part scared me. That's why I texted my PVP instead of submitting the form. I have the cabin I want.

I booked through a TA - not directly through Carnival. Price has gone up, so I'm probably better off leaving it alone. I just checked my invoice from the TA and the price is actually now $20 higher (not $10 as stated above). for $30 probably not worth the risk.

I just saw this and I am going (have NOT booked as yet) through a TA.

A few questions I have:

Does this have to be book through Carnival "directly" at the website you have here, and not through a TA?

Does this happen all the time or just in a great moon or what? We are to cruise in March, and if I can get something like this for a group of us, I would love to do it.

What if I have booked several cruises through Carnival before down through the past 26 years I have cruised?

What did you put as the price on the form, if your category has sold out?

Just some helpful info when applying for OBC: If you booked at a lower rate, if taxes/fees, gratuities were different they will change your pricing.....then you get the OBC. So, bottom line, if the $50 OBC is more $$ than what you may owe in the above possible fare increases, then it is worthwhile.

We booked a long while ago ES, we prepaid our gratuities (to save against the hike in cost) and taxes/fees were slightly less. So when it all evened out, the cabin had decreased by $5 p/p but they hit us with the increased cost of gratuities now + the increase in port fees/taxes which yielded us owing another $10 (we were paid in full).....but to gain a $50 OBC it was worth it to us.

A word to the wise - be sure what your circumstances are and weigh the pluses with the possible increases for a total yield before submitting the price protection form. Once they approve it, it is very difficult if not impossible to have them "undo" it.

You always want to be sure to price match with an offer that has the check mark for you choose your room, otherwise you will end up with guaranteed room. I just saved $200 on my fare and was able to say put. Just be sure to read the fine print.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made sure that I checked the box to keep our stateroom, and that I wanted OBC, not upgrade. Our cruise fare increased by $20 on our invoice, but the gratuities stayed the same. I wasn't required to pay the extra $20, it just changed on the paperwork. My balance was still paid in full after they made the adjustments.

Another related question-do you only complete the form if you are after final payment? Or can you use it if you have a price drop before?

If you are booked early saver, you are allowed to get price drops any time before or after final payment up until 2 days before sailing.