Guys Burger and Breeze

hlb76

Sorry if a repeat but John Heald made comment of trying new hours for Guys on the Breeze. 12-2 then 6-9 or something. I dont recall the normal hours but was thinking 12-6 or something.

I cant decide if I like the new hours or not. We do eat supper in the MDR so I wont enjoy an evening burger. But will miss the return to ship burger.

I know what you mean. Im still going to enjoy my cruise but wont lie and say I am not very disappointed in some changes and of course days before my next cruise.

It will be interesting to see what the new hours do for Guy's. I think a dinner option is nice, though not sure I will partake. Guys was our go to once we came back from port and needed food. Now we will have to look for another option.

I don't understand why they can't have the same hours as the burger place on the Carnival ships that don't have Guys, which is about noon or so till midnight or later, with no breaks.

Maybe they have to pay a royalty to Guy whenever it's open...you know like paying Dawn Wells (maryann) a royalty everytime Gilligan's Island is on TV as reruns. :D

Going to miss the longer hours for lunch as this is when we normally grab a burger after coming back from a port.

Guys should be open all day long so people have a choice of when to eat a burger. Who wants to watch the clock when you're on a cruise??

Exactly! Some of us like missing the usual lunch rush or just grab something on the way back in from port. Not liking this change at ALL. =(

Edited by aeshaunua

Sorry if a repeat but John Heald made comment of trying new hours for Guys on the Breeze. 12-2 then 6-9 or something. I dont recall the normal hours but was thinking 12-6 or something.

I cant decide if I like the new hours or not. We do eat supper in the MDR so I wont enjoy an evening burger. But will miss the return to ship burger.

It was 12-6 when we were on the Breeze in Nov. I think 12-4 and then 6-9 would be good hours. I know we are in the minority but we wished lunch started at 11, we were always up by 8 thanks to our 7 y.o. so we had an early breakfast and he wanted a burger by 11 ;) Plus the day we had an excursion at 12:30 we barely had time to eat lunch before getting off the ship.

I would LOVE a 12-4 and then 830-11 or something close to that. An extended lunch and more late night snack.

There is never enough late night options. Dinner, show a bit of time in the bar then I want a snack before bed. We do order room service but I always seem to fall asleep before they arrive. Then the hubby wakes me and I can be a bear..lol

Going to miss the longer hours for lunch as this is when we normally grab a burger after coming back from a port.

This was one of my favorite things to do on my last Breeze cruise. We would get back onboard after being in port and Guy's made a great late lunch. (Especially after having a few adult beverages while in port!)

True! I hate coming back from an excursion, couple of hours before dinner, and hardly any place to grab a bite. I know we can get pizza or something from the deli - but I usually look for something a bit more healthy. Not that the burgers from Guys are healthy (delish yes, but not too healthy). I would love to have a small station open to grab a salad or something to hold me over until dinner.

when we were on the liberty Guy's was our favorite place to get lunch when we got back from port. We usually went off the ship early and then came back about late lunch time to enjoy a nearly empty ship but on the Breeze with Guys not being open past 2 that really cuts down on the options.

What will be open after 2? Just pizza and the lido?

I agree with many of you about the time that various food options are open. We tend to eat at off times as well. Even on vacation the kids are up at 6 or 7 so I'd much rather miss the crowds a bit and have an early lunch at 11. We also love a snack right before bed and default to pizza. Having Guys open later (or a sweet treat other than ice cream) would be wonderful. I know that there's room service, but we enjoy being out and about and grabbing a bite on Lido.

Plus, for some more crowded ships like the Sunshine, this would help ease up the congestion during the prime meal times.

You would be in the extreme minority, doesn't make you wrong or right though. By far when we cruised in November all the talk was about how everyone liked it.

As for the change, if it is 12-2 that would be a terrible change even if they are opened at night. That was our go to lunch after being on shore, or when we just were not hungry before, at often around 3PM. Two hours in my opinion is a ridiculously short amount of time when on vacation to serve lunch there.

Edited by Tampa8

I think changing the hours, and in particular those changed hours, is a bad idea. The MDRs start opening at 5:45 and the dinner buffet opens at 6:30, so there are already good dinner options at that time. Between 3:30 and 5:45 there isn't much open - just the pizza joint, deli, and room service, IIRC. I'm someone that likes to have an early dinner, so I appreciate Guy's being open at that time. I don't usually have lunch while I'm on vacation, but like others here, sometimes I get back from port in the late afternoon and would appreciate something to eat immediately upon returning.