Guys Burger and Breeze

hlb76

Yea...I have no issues with the American Table or the drink coupon....but REDUCING the hours of Guys is disappointing. If there was nobody eating I get it....but they are pretty popular.

That's the problem, people are eating lots of them. Cutting the hours and lining the hours up closer to when MDR is open WILL save them money. This, like all of the other recent changes is about the bottomline for Carnival. I get that all companies must turn a profit to stay in business but I just feel that lately with Carnival, the paying customers are getting the shaft. And this is coming from someone who Cruises exclusively with Carnival!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't understand all the hype about these burgers - they're burgers! Not prime rib! They were just okay, not out of this world... sorry, but that's my opinion..

I agree with you totally. And while we might be in a minority, it's a very large minority. Guys burgers have been blown way out of proportion by Carnival and these boards. As long as the label of "2.0" is slapped on something, people will praise it as being beyond awesome. But on another thread asking what's overrated & underrated, by far the most common overrated response was Guys burgers. It seems to be a very polarizing thing. Those that love them think they are the greatest thing that mankind has ever created. But that tends to fuel disdain from those of us who are thinking "It's just a burger".

I enjoyed them, but they're nothing that spectacular. I would prefer to have regular burgers on ships without Guys, only because you get much better & longer hours, plus they serve up more than just burgers, for those that aren't into burgers. This latest move with the new hours for Guys is not the answer. Other than the prime lunch time, the most useful hours for Guys would be more like 3:00-5:00 & 9:00-midnight, for the mid-afternoon & late night snack. But it will be closed during those hours with this switch, leaving the pizza station overwhelmed, as it's the only option.

Edited by k2excursion

I don't understand all the hype about these burgers - they're burgers! Not prime rib! They were just okay, not out of this world... sorry, but that's my opinion..

Not at that moment, not on that ship, not out at sea... when there are no other burgers or prime rib for hundreds of miles. ;) The makes them the only game in town for a burger so to speak.

This is like saying the Steakhouse is not fine dining...but it is the fine dining establishment on the ship at the moment you are on the ship and have no other options.

If I want a burger its my only choice now I have less choice of when to get it.

I agree. I would be just as happy with the regular burgers with the expanded condiment bar that Guy's has.

Agreed. I was hoping for a black bean or other meatless alternative option.

The Guys on the Conquest does a Veggie patty, you just have to ask for it and it will take them about 10 minutes to cook it for you. I would assume this is on all ships. Also the hours for us were 12-230 and 6-9.

Sucked when you came back from excursions and your only options were Pizza, Deli and Blue Iguana, lines were horrible.

I agree. I would be just as happy with the regular burgers with the expanded condiment bar that Guy's has.

But that's not the burger offered, so we can't be "happy" with something that we wished existed, we have to deal with the reality of what is offered.

For all those who suggest Guy's is just a burger, so be it, you guy's really shouldn't care when those "just a burgers" are served and thus should leave a thread concerning the hours of a burger joint to those who do care.

This thread was never about the quality or the overrated opinions of where these burgers rate in the burger realm but with the new, lousy hours for those who do want a Guy's burger when they want one.

Since Guy's is the only burger game on the ship the new hours do have an impact, even if some aren't impressed with said burgers.

Guy's has been open 6 hours a day, 12-6 and now they want to cut it to 5 hours 12-2 and 6-9. When John asked about the new hours people overwhelmingly said no. So now today John asks which do you prefer A, B, or C?

A 11-3 (4 hours)

B 11:30-3:30 (4 hours)

C 12-2 and 6-9 (5 hours)

This is a back-handed approach to get the results they want and say this is what we preferred.

Does anyone else see this? If they open from 6-9 it will be less costly to feed people than the dining room and is a money saving cut. Else they will only be open 4 hours and save on that side.