recycling clothing among cc members

Thank you, Shorbr and congrats on your finishing up breast cancer treatment. Best wishes for the New Year.

Thank you, Michelle. I am looking forward to have a relaxing year :-). Are you going anywhere soon?

Take care and have a great day.

Marie

Way to go Shorbr!!! I give you ladies credit. I take a low dose of chemo for an autoimmune disease and I am so tired afterwards. I really don't know how you do it but I sure am glad you do.

Marie, I haven't kept up with this thread, or any for that matter, I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well and so sad that 3 crew died onboard.

I have a cruise coming up so I will be going thru my closet to purge. Let me know if there are an puffy ladies out there interested. I have 2x-3x (some 1x too). Cruises are the only way I will purge. most stuff goes to GW but the dresses I usually donate to the woman's shelter (for job interviews) but they said they have enough right now. My DD might have a few things also.

Way to go Shorbr!!! I give you ladies credit. I take a low dose of chemo for an autoimmune disease and I am so tired afterwards. I really don't know how you do it but I sure am glad you do.

Marie, I haven't kept up with this thread, or any for that matter, I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well and so sad that 3 crew died onboard.

I have a cruise coming up so I will be going thru my closet to purge. Let me know if there are an puffy ladies out there interested. I have 2x-3x (some 1x too). Cruises are the only way I will purge. most stuff goes to GW but the dresses I usually donate to the woman's shelter (for job interviews) but they said they have enough right now. My DD might have a few things also.

Chemo wipes you out, and you are still recuperating 10 years later. But I feel relatively well and want to enjoy myself as much as my health allows me. I love cruising so much and hopefully will be planning another one soon.

Wishing you also the best of health and hope that you continue to do well also :)

Thank you Kathi. Where are you going? We are looking to book a short cruise for the summer.

Take care

Marie

I got a good deal on an 11 day Southampton to Fort Lauderdale segment on QE. Short but it will be great to be back on QE and some of my friends from 2014 will be on it.

Best wishes,

Kathi

This thread is very quite. Where did everyone go?

Hope everyone is doing well. Its officially, we are not going on the 180 days world cruise on Insignia. I am sure most of you know there was a fire in the engine room on 12-15-2014. Three crews die. Oceania has cancelled the first 70 days. We have decided to cancel the cruise and booked for 2016. I feel bad for other people, but for me it was a blessing as I was not really into it. I want to feel 100% well with a full head of hair :D.

Happy New Year

Marie

Hi Marie,

It is good to hear from you. So sorry to hear though that you have had to cancel your long Insignia cruise due to their recent tragic cruise fire, and that you have not been feelitng your best health-wise.

Do hope that your health greatly improves real soon, so that you will be able to book another cruise, and have the time of your life!!

Best Wishes,

Cathy

Hi Marie. I guess it's quiet because to be honest, there is no more swapping of clothes going on. Glad to hear you are doing well. I just enjoyed a beautiful celebration cruise with my husband celebrating finishing up breast cancer treatment...yay.

Take care and good hearing from you :)

Hi Shorbr,

Congratulations on finishing your breast cancer treatments and rewarding yourself with a cruise to celebrate!

Take care,

Cathy

Hi Marie. I guess it's quiet because to be honest, there is no more swapping of clothes going on. Glad to hear you are doing well. I just enjoyed a beautiful celebration cruise with my husband celebrating finishing up breast cancer treatment...yay.

Congratulations !

I usually lurk/sometimes post but just want to send good thoughts and prayers out to everyone dealing with health problems.

My husband just completed chemo for colon cancer as well as two surgeries over the last year and I know how difficult and trying such health issues can be.

Hoping everyone gets some much-needed cruise vacations in the near future and wishing everyone a healthy and happy 2015!

Lissette

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for taking time to post here as you sound like there's been alot on your plate. I hope and pray for a speedy and complete healing for your husband and am so sorry this had to be dealt with at his age. I hope you get to travel soon as well to celebrate life.

Michelle:)

I usually lurk/sometimes post but just want to send good thoughts and prayers out to everyone dealing with health problems.

My husband just completed chemo for colon cancer as well as two surgeries over the last year and I know how difficult and trying such health issues can be.

Hoping everyone gets some much-needed cruise vacations in the near future and wishing everyone a healthy and happy 2015!

Lissette

I think of you often! Glad to hear treatment is complete and you got to celebrate with a cruise!

I've been so busy with work and the holidays we haven't had a spare moment! Unfortunately Larry's dad passed away New Year's Day. Losing a parent is always difficult. Then a few days later I end up sick and finally in the ER with chest pains! Thankfully it wasn't a heart attack just pnuemonia. Back to the Dr on Tuesday to see if I can go back to work. Rough year already.

I keep meaning to clear out my closets and allow others the option to wear some of the gowns I've received from Marie. Maybe soon I'll feel more like myself soon!

Kim

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 weeks later...

Sharon I would love the pink top so colorful

Val

S

I am presently purging my closets and getting rid of what isn't working for me. Much of what I have is being donated, however I do have some newer things that can be worn for cruising or work that I thought I would offer here first. I have placed the items on a slideshow as there were so many things and I don't really have the time to devote today to uploading each piece separately. If you are interested in any of the items, please email me at islandgirlejfan@yahoo.com with the number that I have given the item or items. The majority of this particular group has been worn less than 3 times.

I will not be answering emails until sometime this evening as I have many errands to run today. I will take requests in the order received. As always, just looking for the postage to be paid on the items requested.

http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/islandgirlejfan/slideshow/Clothes%20purge

Sharon I would love the pink top so colorful

Val

S

Val,

Post an email with your information of where to send it to islandgirlejfan@yahoo.com. :) I am leaving for Florida tomorrow and will be cruising until next Saturday. (and believe me, I need to get away!) When I return, I will post it to you. I actually had them in the bag to go to charity and had forgot about the thread since there were no takers on the last things. I have some more to put up in time, but I haven't had a lot of time to devote to CC....lol, I'm usually uber active on any roll calls, however handling my parent's affairs and their health issues has taken a lot of my free time. I will be more than happy to send it to you! :)

Sharon

Fryee39,

It's better late then nothing. There were few ladies who posted that they will post something this weekend or next weekend, but they never did 😡. Before any one critic me for my comment, please read from the first page to the end of this thread.

I wish I know who posted the comment about me a few months ago. I have too many dresses, gowns, shoes and handbags that need a new home. However, I do not want any of these items going to that person. Tough decision 😁.

M

Marie,

Hope you are feeling better. Sorry that someone hurt you before when you always do so much good. I wondered if you have heard of the Cinderella Project? It is where girls that are in need are provided a gown or formal for their prom. And of course it is near that time of year for the schools to be preparing for their proms. I have no idea where you are, but there are Chapters all over the country and they do so much good for underprivileged girls. You might check with the local high school in your area. Can you imagine the look on some young lady's face as she is presented with one of your designer gowns? Just an option. I donated a lot of my gowns to a project similar here in my hometown. They are always looking for gowns, as well as accessories. Have a wonderful day.

Fryee39,

It's better late then nothing. There were few ladies who posted that they will post something this weekend or next weekend, but they never did . Before any one critic me for my comment, please read from the first page to the end of this thread.

I wish I know who posted the comment about me a few months ago. I have too many dresses, gowns, shoes and handbags that need a new home. However, I do not want any of these items going to that person. Tough decision .

M

Marie, so sorry I haven't posted a picture of me in the "beige gown" you sent me, but I haven't had a chance to wear it yet, but promise to post as soon as I get to wear it. Hope you are feeling much better now. Take care.

Also, as far as the person who made the comments to you, I think maybe the host took that post down so not sure if you can find out who it was. :confused:

In any case, not one person has contacted me about any of the clothes posted in my thread. My sense of style must really suck. lol

I think your clothes are beautiful. Unfortunately I am not a size 6. I have put dresses up here previously and found that sometimes they sit out there available for a few days and sometimes they go in an hour. It really comes down to how many ladies that wear your size are on this thread at the time you post.

Lisa