Sydney seige

ckl001

I have to say I'm disappointed by the excessive secrecy the services applied... which they do too often here.

For example, at this stage there should be clear statements as to how the victims died and the investigation ensuing, and the fact they haven't said by now that they were killed by the nutter beforehand suggests some other culpability. Which then raises the question about whether they did go about this the best way. Two civilians died - good people - and it seems to be just be under due process, like any everyday investigation.

I hope the service were not the cause in any way of either of those other deaths, but what happens when you keep things secret is it raises these doubts.

Our premier has been markedly lacklustre through this.

Everything I am seeing indicates this was an issue of mental illness, not intentional attempts to be a affiliated terrorist...

Agreed - a person who had a number of issues and who acted alone. His actions have been condemned by the Muslim communities here. Unfortunately some media and others in power have been touting the terrorist line, not at all helpful IMO.

Don't want to get into a political discussion so that will do from me :o

I have to say I'm disappointed by the excessive secrecy the services applied... which they do too often here.

For example, at this stage there should be clear statements as to how the victims died and the investigation ensuing, and the fact they haven't said by now that they were killed by the nutter beforehand suggests some other culpability. Which then raises the question about whether they did go about this the best way. Two civilians died - good people - and it seems to be just be under due process, like any everyday investigation.

I hope the service were not the cause in any way of either of those other deaths, but what happens when you keep things secret is it raises these doubts.

H

It is quite clear from all the reports that at least one of the hostages was killed by their captor, hence the reason for the police storming the shop.

My opinion is that unfortunately the line has been drawn in the sand. It is a very sad day for Australia and our way of life.

It is quite clear from all the reports that at least one of the hostages was killed by their captor, hence the reason for the police storming the shop.

My opinion is that unfortunately the line has been drawn in the sand. It is a very sad day for Australia and our way of life.

That may be the case, but it may not be. How about an official statement instead of letting the rumour mill run wild?

In any case, that doesn't account for the other life. "Collateral damage?"

Just way too many secrets there. They haven't even stated how the hostages departed. Again, it's all just speculation so far.

Edited by The_Big_M

It has only been 24 + hours since this sad and unfortunate incident happened. The Authorities cannot control rumors and normally will not react to rumors. I do not see the authorities making any definitive announcements until they have concluded their forensics examinations and investigation. Rumors will always surface when something like this happens and we should not be too hasty in coming to conclusions until all the facts are known.

It has only been 24 + hours since this sad and unfortunate incident happened. The Authorities cannot control rumors and normally will not react to rumors. I do not see the authorities making any definitive announcements until they have concluded their forensics examinations and investigation. Rumors will always surface when something like this happens and we should not be too hasty in coming to conclusions until all the facts are known.

Amen

The incident is subject of a Critical Incident Investigation by NSW Police Homicide Squad (reviewed in due course by The NSW State Ombudsman and Police Integrity Unit.) Also subject to a NSW Coroner's Enquiry. That is Protocol and Standing Operating Procedure for such matters in the State of New South Wales.

The media is speculating and assuming too much, as usual.

The incident is subject of a Critical Incident Investigation by NSW Police Homicide Squad (reviewed in due course by The NSW State Ombudsman and Police Integrity Unit.) Also subject to a NSW Coroner's Enquiry. That is Protocol and Standing Operating Procedure for such matters in the State of New South Wales.

Agree with these 100%. In contrast, what a peculiar view expressed above :eek: