New pricing question for those already booked??

firstcruiserDB

So sorry if this has been addressed already...

We have a Fall of 2016 cruise already booked. We were lucky enough to get all of the 123Go Promotions because we booked a suite. We were, also, fortunate to get a pretty good additional OBC from the TA. I'm wondering about the new bundling package, and if it is anything that we should consider cancelling and rebooking in order to receive the additional perks? Anyone have an opinion on that?

Thanks, in advance, for your info!!

We have a Fall of 2016 cruise already booked. We were lucky enough to get all of the 123Go Promotions because we booked a suite. We were, also, fortunate to get a pretty good additional OBC from the TA. I'm wondering about the new bundling package, and if it is anything that we should consider cancelling and rebooking in order to receive the additional perks? Anyone have an opinion on that?

I expect prices to be higher when the package is added. These packages are never free .

I expect prices to be higher when the package is added. These packages are never free .

SSHUSSHHH! You're going to RUIN all that high priced marketing stuff!!! :eek: :D :rolleyes:

Edited by teecee60

If you already have all of the 123 perks then the only thing the new promotion would add would be the internet.

So price should determine what you do. If the price is the same and the TA will give you the same additional OBC then re booking to add the internet package might make sense. However watch that your TA doesn't have change and cancellation fees.

OK...maybe I just don't pay attention on here anymore but I have a

cruise booked for this November and my final payment is due next

month....I got a beverage package and an OBC......are you saying

the price of my cruise is going up?:eek::confused:

Relax, Lois R! The new "Bundled" fares begin October 1 for all bookings going forward. You will have long paid your balance due - your trip is "in the can" as they used to say in Hollywood.

Relax, Lois R! The new "Bundled" fares begin October 1 for all bookings going forward. You will have long paid your balance due - your trip is "in the can" as they used to say in Hollywood.

I am totally relaxed:)....I was just wondering if I was going to be

p'od:eek:......but thank your easing my concerns:D

My guess is this pricing will not affect any cruises booked before 7/6. I have 3 cruises booked through April 17 and do not expect this to affect them at all unless I want to change something. Since I already have the 123GO bev pkg on all of them cannot believe the new pricing will make me want to change anything.

All you need do is call and ask what it is going to cost for exactly what you have now on July 6th, then compare the 2 prices. Only the Shadow knows before then! :D

I believe you will be okay. If I understand it correctly the only way you would be charged more is if you wanted to add the "going best" to get all 4 perks added to you reservation, then you would be charged the going rate. Otherwise nothing has changed.

I believe you will be okay. If I understand it correctly the only way you would be charged more is if you wanted to add the "going best" to get all 4 perks added to you reservation, then you would be charged the going rate. Otherwise nothing has changed.

Thanks:)...and I believe we sailed together, although I can't

remember which cruise:eek:.......hope you are doing well:)

I was looking at that last night and there isn't much in it as you do not get free gratuities with the new offer. For 14 nights you gain drinks package upgrade - saves $330 and unlimited internet - saves me $226 with Eplus discount but your grats in a suite cost $434. Save around $120 if cabin costs are the same. Was tempted to switch from an S1 to a CS but the cost is still the £2000 it was before including the grats. We would save around £340 so I probably won't.

Thanks:)...and I believe we sailed together, although I can't

remember which cruise:eek:.......hope you are doing well:)

If I remember correctly it was a 7 night Caribbean cruise on the Silhouette a couple of years ago. Myself and a couple from that cruise are going on the Harmony on 22 April 2017. I hope you are doing well too :D

Back to the new pricing, I'm still wondering what the impact will be for solos. From the looks of it we will probably have to pay double for the extra perks - so for all 4, if the $45 per person per day is correct, solos will be paying $90, but of course only getting 1 X 4 perks. Obviously solos can only get one drink package, and one unlimited internet package, even though we are probably paying for two. However I'm still wondering about the tips - does the crew get one tip from us or two? Also the OBC it's $150 per person, but as solos have to pay double would be get $300 or $150?

If I remember correctly it was a 7 night Caribbean cruise on the Silhouette a couple of years ago. Myself and a couple from that cruise are going on the Harmony on 22 April 2017. I hope you are doing well too :D

Back to the new pricing, I'm still wondering what the impact will be for solos. From the looks of it we will probably have to pay double for the extra perks - so for all 4, if the $45 per person per day is correct, solos will be paying $90, but of course only getting 1 X 4 perks. Obviously solos can only get one drink package, and one unlimited internet package, even though we are probably paying for two. However I'm still wondering about the tips - does the crew get one tip from us or two? Also the OBC it's $150 per person, but as solos have to pay double would be get $300 or $150?

Brenda...right? Yes...we sailed on Sihlouette together:) good memory.

And as for the pricing, I guess we will be waiting with everyone else

to see what happens.

Agree, I would love for X to go back to just the price, with no promos.

So would I. It's just too confusing with all the different promos

And this is exactly what they are doing. Base cruise, add on what you want.

to see what happens.

You are correct.

Monday will be interesting to see how this will be done.

to see what happens.

I just priced the 5 Nov 2016 7 night Reflection and solos will be paying double for the "go better" and "go best". This is the pricing I saw (note in Canadian $):

Go Better - for 2 = $126 per person or $18 per night and for 1 person = $252 or $36 per night

Go Best - for 2 = $378 per person or around $49 per night and for 1 person = $756 or $108 per night

I also noticed the big price difference between an inside and outside (I don't know if this was the same prior to today's new pricing) - for the same cruise and priced as a solo - inside: $879 CAD and outside: $2398 CAD.

I just priced the 5 Nov 2016 7 night Reflection and solos will be paying double for the "go better" and "go best". This is the pricing I saw (note in Canadian $):

Go Better - for 2 = $126 per person or $18 per night and for 1 person = $252 or $36 per night

Go Best - for 2 = $378 per person or around $49 per night and for 1 person = $756 or $108 per night

I also noticed the big price difference between an inside and outside (I don't know if this was the same prior to today's new pricing) - for the same cruise and priced as a solo - inside: $879 CAD and outside: $2398 CAD.

So, is the price you see the total. Or does the Go Big! or what ever option you choose get added on, after you book?

So, is the price you see the total. Or does the Go Big! or what ever option you choose get added on, after you book?

My understanding the "go big" total is the base price for the cruise. If you want to add "Go Better" or "Go Best" than the cost quoted is added to the base price.

For example if the base price for a 7 night cruise, that includes one perk is $2000 USD per person and you want to add the "Go Better" and it costs $15 USD per person per day, then you would pay $2000 + $15 x 7 to get the total per person cost for the cruise with 2 perks = $2105.

I contacted my TA today with this question. To rebook and get the free internet in addition to the other perks I already had, it would be an additional $45 pp per day. Not worth it. This was in answer to my specific cruise but I'm thinking rebooking for most would be at a higher rate.

My understanding the "go big" total is the base price for the cruise. If you want to add "Go Better" or "Go Best" than the cost quoted is added to the base price.

For example if the base price for a 7 night cruise, that includes one perk is $2000 USD per person and you want to add the "Go Better" and it costs $15 USD per person per day, then you would pay $2000 + $15 x 7 to get the total per person cost for the cruise with 2 perks = $2105.

Thank you.